Urgent care centers meet non-emergency medical needs. If you or a loved one was injured by medical care you received in one, you can recover damages with help from our Greenbelt medical malpractice lawyer. We will assess your current and future expenses and losses and their monetary value.
At Adam M. Smallow, we consult medical and other experts to substantiate your case. They will also document the type of care you received and its deviation from the acceptable standard of care. Our urgent care medical malpractice lawyer will review your Greenbelt case at no cost or obligation and develop a strategy for recovering appropriate damages.
Recoverable Damages for Urgent Care Medical Malpractice Victims in Greenbelt
The care you require to correct or recover from a medical error can be costly and extensive. When you file a medical malpractice claim against an urgent care, our case assessment team will request the following economic and non-economic damages:
- Past, present, and future medical bills
- Past, present, and future lost wages
- Lasting physical disability or disfigurement
- Current and future pain and suffering
- Ongoing mental and emotional anxiety
Our legal team will collect the bills, receipts, invoices, and other documents that prove the value of your case. We will also work with medical experts to determine the timing and costs of care you will require after your case is settled. We take this added step to help you avoid out-of-pocket expenses in the future.
The Medical Malpractice Statute of Limitations in Greenbelt, MD
Maryland limits the time you have to hold a negligent party accountable for malpractice. Generally, Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-109 gives you up to five years to meet the medical malpractice statute of limitations.
Our law firm will explain when the statutory clock starts running and any exceptions to it that might affect your medical malpractice case. We also work hard to help you avoid a potentially costly delay.
For legal consultation with a urgent care medical malpractice attorney in Greenbelt, call (410)777-8960
What Is Considered Medical Malpractice in a Greenbelt Urgent Care Facility
On your own, it can be difficult to know when medical care is substandard. You could be a victim of medical malpractice if you suffered any of the following injuries:
- Failure to appropriately treat an infection
- Laboratory or equipment errors
- A missed, delayed, or erroneous diagnosis
- Prescription, dosage, or other medication errors
At Adam M. Smallow, our Greenbelt urgent care medical malpractice lawyer will identify the exact injury you received. We will also determine where the care you received meets the legal definition of negligence and substantiate your case with a robust collection of evidence.
How Our Urgent Care Medical Malpractice Attorney in Greenbelt Proves Negligence
A medical error that results in a disability or disfigurement can be difficult to cope with. To identify the at-fault party and prove their liability, we will conduct a comprehensive investigation. It will prove the following elements of negligence:
- Duty of care—the requirement to meet the acceptable standard of treatment
- Breach of duty—deviation from the acceptable standard of care
- Causation—evidence of the direct cause of your injury or ailment
- Damages—the costs associated with your physical and emotional recovery
It can be hard to know what to do if you are a victim of medical malpractice. Let our law firm handle it for you. We will collect your medical records, statements from relevant experts, and statements from other patients, staff, and other witnesses.
Greenbelt Urgent Care Medical Malpractice Attorney (410)777-8960
Leave the Details of Your Greenbelt Urgent Care Medical Malpractice Case to Us
In Maryland, you can file a medical malpractice case against an urgent care center on your own. Doing so without legal guidance can be challenging. When our law firm represents you, we will:
- Refer you to high-quality healthcare providers we trust with our families and team
- Provide unsurpassed communication, including 24/7 text capability
- A legal team who cares deeply about you and your family
- Offer a free initial consultation and a no-fee guarantee
We know the hardest part of your case can be waiting for news and updates as it progresses. Our legal team will keep you abreast of any updates and developments that affect your case or the negotiation process.
Greenbelt Urgent Care Medical Malpractice Cases Require an Affidavit of Merit
An important benefit of hiring our law firm to represent you is our understanding of the Affidavit of Merit. Required in all medical malpractice cases, according to Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. § 3-2A-04, it documents the opinion of a qualified medical expert on the validity of your case.
Identifying the right expert, obtaining this document, and filing it within the allotted time can be hard on your own. Our medical malpractice attorney will handle this process for you.
See Why Previous Personal Injury Clients Recommend Adam M. Smallow
Our law firm works hard to meet the individual needs of every personal injury victim we represent. Clients we represented in the past say:
- Stephanie: I highly recommend the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow. Mr. Smallow is hard working and committed to supporting his clients. He is very well connected in the Baltimore community and with other lawyers. He is easy to talk to and eager to help.
- Frank J.: Adam M. Smallow is great and knows how to fight for the outcome you want and won’t stop until he has succeeded. Adam Smallow was great at making me feel very important and he treated my case with the utmost professionalism.
Peruse our reviews page to hear additional testimonials from other satisfied clients in their own words.
Contact Our Medical Malpractice Team Serving Greenbelt Today
If you or a loved one suffered damage to your health due to a medical mistake in a Greenbelt urgent care, you could be entitled to financial compensation. Let our Greenbelt urgent care medical malpractice lawyer handle your monetary recovery case. We focus on your case so you can focus on healing.
Get started now by contacting our consultation team at Adam M. Smallow. Call us to learn more about how hard we fight for you.