Our Greenbelt, MD, fatal car accident lawyers can seek compensation and justice after the sudden loss of a loved one. You don’t have to handle your case alone; you have a right to legal representation.
You not only want to hold the liable party accountable, but you also want compensation to cover your losses. We want the same thing, which is why the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow wants to handle your legal case. Our wrongful death lawyers can tackle the legal process while you honor the memory of your loved one in peace.
A Greenbelt, MD, Fatal Accident Lawyer Handles Wrongful Death Cases
A wrongful death lawsuit is a civil action taken by family members, dependents, or their estate against the negligent party responsible for the loss of their loved one.
There are four steps you should take in a wrongful death civil action, including:
- Contacting an attorney: The first thing we recommend is for you to consult with an attorney. We can guide you through the legal process and serve as an advocate who will protect your best interests.
- Providing documentation: It’s important that you gather any documentation that will aid your case, including your loved one’s death certificate and medical records.
- Communicating with the other party: We will communicate with the negligent party on your behalf to spare you the pain of having to do it yourself. This includes negotiating a fair settlement with the insurance company.
- Recovering damages: The last step is recovering damages to cover your losses, even if it means taking your case to court.
Our law firm handles wrongful death cases. If you lost someone you love in a car accident, we offer our sincerest condolences, and we want to help you seek compensation by handling your case while you focus on grieving and healing.
For legal consultation with a fatal car accident attorney in Greenbelt, call (410)777-8960
We Can Seek Damages if You Lost a Loved One in a Fatal Car Accident
There are no caps on economic damages in Maryland. By economic damages, we mean losses that have a verifiable monetary value. This includes:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income and benefits
- Income your loved one would have earned in the future
- Child care costs
- Home services and support
- Property damage
Recoverable damages also include non-economic damages or damages that have a non-monetary value, such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Mental anguish
- Psychological trauma
- Loss of companionship
No amount of compensation will ever be enough to bring back your loved one, but compensation can cover your losses and help you and your family rebuild and move forward.
Greenbelt Fatal Car Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
A Greenbelt, MD, Fatal Car Accident Lawyer Can Benefit Your Case
We make it our mission to support our clients through their darkest hours, and we believe everyone should have access to competent legal representation. Hiring an attorney to handle your case gives you the benefit of our firm and our firm’s resources, which we will use to secure a fair compensation package for you and your family.
Speaking of family, when you hire us, you become a member of our family. As a member of our family, you will have access to 24/7 communication with our firm to discuss your case. We will even provide you with a unique text number for this purpose.
In addition, if you or someone in your family needs medical care, we can recommend medical providers that our staffers and families trust.
As we take on your case, you can expect us to:
- Investigate the accident: We will investigate the accident by obtaining police reports, medical records, traffic camera footage, photographs, witness statements, and expert opinions. This evidence could strengthen your case.
- Calculate the value of your claim: We will calculate the value of your claim to determine how much compensation you may be entitled to receive. This also helps us determine if any settlement offers are fair or not so the insurance company cannot take advantage of you during your time of grief.
- Negotiate a fair settlement: We will send a demand letter to the insurance company detailing your losses. We will then enter negotiations in an effort to secure a fair settlement for you and your family.
- Represent you in court: We prepare every case for court so that we can fight for you at trial if it becomes necessary. The statute of limitations to file a wrongful death lawsuit in Maryland is three years, according to Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 3-904, and we will work to meet this deadline.
Most wrongful death cases settle out of court, but our firm is not afraid to take your case to court, and we will do everything in our power to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Causes of Fatal Car Accidents
There are several causes of fatal car accidents, including:
- Failure to obey traffic laws
- Inclement weather
- Reckless driving
- Intoxication and drug use
Regardless of the form of negligence that led to your loss, our investigation will uncover the truth so we can seek justice on your loved one’s behalf.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Consult With a Greenbelt, MD, Fatal Accident Attorney Today
Regardless of the cause of the accident, if the other party is negligent for the wrongful death of someone you love, you have the right to seek compensation for your loss. A fatal car accident lawyer in Greenbelt, MD, is ready to talk to you about your case. We offer free consultations, and you don’t pay us unless we win.
Our clients appreciate the support and work we have provided over the years, leaving us many positive reviews as thanks. To learn more about how we can help you or to schedule a free consultation, contact the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow today.