Were you or a loved one the victim of medical malpractice at an urgent care center in Aberdeen, Maryland? A lawyer from our firm can fight for the financial compensation you need to pay bills and to make up for any wages you have lost.
Our Aberdeen medical malpractice lawyer is dedicated to fighting hard for people like you. Instead of representing the interests of large companies, we protect you and the compensation you deserve—all without charging any attorney’s fees up front. For more information contact our Aberdeen personal injury lawyer.
How Our Medical Malpractice Attorney Fights for You
In most medical malpractice cases, you have a maximum of five years to begin legal action, per Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-109. If you contact us within this deadline, we have time to:
- Investigate your case
- Gather evidence, such as medical records, doctor’s bills, and testimony from friends and family
- Determine the liable party’s identity (e.g., are they the urgent care facility as a whole or the individual who treated you?)
- Quantify your injuries and ask the liable party’s insurer to pay a fair settlement
- Negotiate a lump-sum or structured settlement or take your case to trial, depending on your circumstances
In addition to handling your case, we go the extra mile to make sure our clients feel safe, comfortable, and protected. Adam M. Smallow can:
- Evaluate your case over the phone at no charge or obligation to you
- Work for a contingency fee, so you pay us no attorney’s fees until you have received compensation
- Help you find the right doctors to treat the malpractice injury and confirm that you were the victim of malpractice
- Provide you with a 24/7 phone number through which you can contact our firm
It is our main goal to make the legal process as accessible and as stress-free as possible for our clients.
For legal consultation with a urgent care medical malpractice attorney in Aberdeen, call (410)777-8960
How Medical Malpractice Hurts You—and How Compensation Helps
Why go to the trouble of filing a legal action after a medical malpractice incident? On a moral level, legal action can ensure that the negligent medical provider is held to account for their carelessness and, hopefully, prevent future malpractice incidents.
On a more practical level, your case can help you recover financial compensation for everything the incident has cost you. That includes but is not limited to:
- Pain and suffering: This could include pain directly caused by the negligent party’s actions (or inaction) or pain that the negligent party should have alleviated if they had treated your condition properly.
- Disability: Some injuries keep you from using your body in all of the ways you did before. This disability may be temporary or permanent. Either way, you deserve damages.
- Reduced quality of life: Having to deal with pain and disabilities can make it harder for you to enjoy hobbies or time with your family. You may also need help with things that posed no problem before, such as getting dressed or washing dishes.
- Medical bills: You might need to see another doctor to deal with the problem that the urgent care center failed to address. Additionally, you may now need treatment for any additional issues caused by the urgent care center’s negligence.
- Loss of income: Painful injury symptoms and needing to go to additional doctor’s appointments can both keep you from working.
- Loss of earning capacity: In the most serious cases, when malpractice leads to a lifelong injury, your ability to hold down a job and bring in enough money to support your family could be permanently compromised.
When you tell us about what happened to you, our Aberdeen urgent care medical malpractice lawyer will listen very closely to what you have to say. We may take notes, ask follow-up questions, and ask to see any documentation (e.g., photos of the injury site) that you happen to have.
Armed with this evidence, we can protect you from the negligent party’s insurance company, as they may try to undermine your case by:
- Claiming that you are exaggerating your injuries, so they will only agree to pay much less than you really need
- Blaming your symptoms on something other than their client’s negligence, so they are not responsible for paying your damages
- Insisting that their client was not negligent at all, so you have no grounds to ask them for monetary compensation
Rest assured that, with MD Accident Law representing you, you would never have to deal directly with the at-fault party or their insurance company. We protect our clients from insurance adjusters by doing all of the talking on their behalf and relaying messages between the two sides.
Aberdeen Urgent Care Medical Malpractice Attorney (410)777-8960
What Is Urgent Care Medical Malpractice?
Generally speaking, medical malpractice is any instance of a medical professional providing substandard care to a patient. In other words, if any reasonable and competent professional in your provider’s position would not have taken the same actions as they did, then they could be guilty of malpractice.
There are plenty of opportunities for malpractice to occur in an urgent care center, including:
- Refusing to run reasonable tests to diagnose the patient or otherwise dismissing the patient’s complaints
- Misinterpreting test results and arriving at an inaccurate diagnosis
- Prescribing the wrong type of medication or the wrong dosage of medication or making another medication error
- Prescribing a treatment or medication that interferes with other treatments you are already undergoing
Medical malpractice is not synonymous with a negative outcome. If a doctor does all they can for you, they have not committed malpractice, even if you do not end up with the result you wanted. When healthcare professionals fail to treat you with the standard of care and this causes you injuries, you have a medical malpractice case.
Our team would be happy to tell you if you have a medical malpractice case against a healthcare provider at no cost to you. All you have to do is contact Adam M. Smallow and request your free case assessment.
We Take Medical Malpractice Cases in Aberdeen
MD Accident Law has spent the past decade helping people with all kinds of personal injury cases, including medical negligence. Contact us today to get a free case review and to find out how our Aberdeen urgent care medical malpractice lawyer can represent you for no upfront attorney’s fees.