Medical malpractice occurs when a medical professional that you rely on does not provide the required standard of care. Such a failure on their part could cost you money and reduce your quality of life, perhaps permanently. If you suffered injuries due to medical malpractice, our Greenbelt lawyers can file an insurance claim or lawsuit on your behalf.
If your family faces such a situation, let our Greenbelt personal injury lawyer help. MD Accident Law can figure out how much you deserve in compensation and push the at-fault party’s insurer to award you that amount as quickly as possible.
What to Expect During Your Greenbelt Medical Malpractice Case
Seeking compensation through a medical malpractice case can be complicated. You have to gather evidence, submit ample paperwork, and negotiate settlements. You don’t have to do all this alone, though.
Our attorneys stand ready to assist people like you with their legal actions. A Greenbelt medical malpractice lawyer from our firm can perform a wide range of tasks on your behalf, including but not limited to:
- Starting and maintaining communications with the liable party and their team, which may include lawyers and insurance company representatives
- Collecting evidence—such as expert testimony and medical records—to identify and build a case against the at-fault party
- Seeing if we can negotiate a pretrial settlement with the insurer, which could help you get your money faster and with less stress
- Taking your case to trial if necessary and fighting hard for a fair jury award
- Providing you with a unique phone number that you can use to text us questions. We are available all day, every day, to address your concerns.
Besides these legal tasks, we often help our clients receive quality medical care. If you are having trouble finding a medical provider, just ask. We can recommend a doctor who will take good care of you.
For our services, we charge only a contingency fee. In other words, you pay our attorney’s fees when—or if—you get your money, and not a moment sooner. In addition, we can assess your case at no cost or risk to you in one brief phone conversation.
Wrongful Deaths and Medical Malpractice
There are, unfortunately, some medical malpractice incidents that prove fatal. Perhaps the negligent doctor failed to diagnose a terminal illness in time, or maybe they prescribed a lethal dosage of medication.
Adam M. Smallow can help your family file a wrongful death case if necessary. We would follow many of the same steps required in a personal injury case, but we would be fighting for different kinds of compensation, including funeral costs and loss of companionship.
For legal consultation with a medical malpractice attorney in Greenbelt, call (410)777-8960
Damages That Our Medical Malpractice Attorney Can Pursue
Malpractice affects each family differently. You could qualify for financial compensation for the following damages:
- Current medical expenses
- Ongoing medical expenses, such as rehabilitative therapy and medication
- Pain and suffering
- Lost income if you had to take time off of work
- Reduced earning capacity if you can no longer earn your pre-injury income
- Out-of-pocket expenses that may apply
At Adam M. Smallow, we are dedicated to assisting ordinary people, not large companies like healthcare facilities. We can fight hard for a personal injury settlement or jury award that meets your needs in terms of physical, psychological, and financial losses.
Greenbelt Medical Malpractice Attorney (410)777-8960
When to File a Medical Malpractice Case
In Maryland, the medical malpractice statute of limitations—found at Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-109—is complicated and can be difficult to parse. You might have to file within five years of the incident or three from the time you reasonably discovered the injury.
MD Accident Law recommends that you come to us to discuss beginning a case as soon as you can. We never charge a fee for the initial consultation, so it will cost you nothing to find out if you have a case based on:
- Misdiagnosis: While diagnosing a patient can be a tricky and subjective business, it is the doctor’s responsibility to do all they can to make the right call. Misdiagnosis resulting in severe injury is especially likely to occur in patients with cancer, heart ailments, or infections.
- Medication errors: It is vital to get both the type of medication and the dosage exactly right. Otherwise, the patient could suffer unnecessarily.
- Treatment errors: Not every treatment option is safe for every patient. If your provider recommends the wrong treatment or does not take proper care during treatment, you could have a malpractice case.
- Surgical errors: This could include operating when it is not needed, leaving an instrument in the patient, or even operating on the wrong body part.
- Inaction: If you bring a concern to your doctor, they should take reasonable action to follow it up. Simply dismissing a patient’s concerns and doing nothing about them can count as malpractice.
- Birth injury: Giving birth can be dangerous, especially when the attending physician fails to notice and act if the parent or child is in distress.
Adam M. Smallow can file a malpractice case regardless of what condition brought you to the doctor—or what condition you ended up with due to their negligence.
Get Legal Help in Greenbelt, Maryland
Adam M. Smallow can provide you with a professional and caring Greenbelt medical malpractice lawyer. Our whole team would be glad to help you with your case, no matter how straightforward or how complex it turns out to be. Call us today at (410) 777-8960 for a free case assessment. We can tell you more about how our Greenbelt medical malpractice attorneys can help.