An urgent care facility allows immediate treatment for non-life-threatening emergencies or when you cannot reach your regular physician. If you or someone you love was injured or had your health damaged after a visit to one, we will help you recover damages. Our College Park urgent care medical malpractice lawyer will investigate your case and pursue the facility and their insurer.
Proving a medical malpractice case can be hard. You do not have to manage on your own. Our personal injury law firm will handle all the details—big and small—of building your case and fight hard for the compensation you need and deserve. Adam Smallow Injury Lawyers is devoted to fighting for Maryland’s injured individuals, not huge companies or corporations, so you can focus on healing.
Recoverable Damages for Urgent Care Medical Malpractice in College Park, MD
Restoring your health after a medical error will involve additional, possibly costly, and extensive, health care. Our College Park personal injury attorneys will demand compensation for every known and anticipated medical expense related to your recovery. In addition, we demand compensation for your:
- Current loss of income
- Future lost earnings
- Lost earning capacity
- Physical disabilities
- Physical disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Wrongful Death Damages
If a medical mistake at an urgent care facility in College Park led to your loved one’s death, your family could recover wrongful death damages. Our attorney will explain who can pursue and recover these damages.
Maryland’s Filing Deadline for Medical Malpractice Cases
Our medical malpractice attorneys have a limited time to file a lawsuit on your behalf. That means the sooner you inform us of your injury and intent to seek damages, the more time we have to comply with:
- The medical malpractice statute of limitations, which is generally five years, according to Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-109
- The wrongful death statute of limitations, which is generally three years, according to Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 3-904
Failing to file your lawsuit on time could mean you cannot file it at all, or it will be dismissed without its merits even being heard. We work hard to explain the filing deadline, when it might fluctuate, and file your lawsuit on time.
For legal consultation with a urgent care medical malpractice attorney in College Park, call (410)777-8960
Adam Smallow Injury Lawyers’ Medical Malpractice Practice Areas
Urgent care centers are busy locations that see multiple patients each day. The hustle and bustle can lead to potential errors constituting medical negligence, including:
- Anesthesia errors
- Surgical errors
- Faulty medical equipment
- Incorrect diagnosis
- Missed or delayed diagnosis
- Faulty lab test results
- Failure to observe a patient
- Medical device errors
- Medication errors
- Prescription errors
Our personal injury lawyers handling your consultation team will review the details of your medical malpractice case at no cost or obligation to you. It will give us the opportunity to learn about your case and allow you to find out how we advocate for our clients.
How We Prove You Suffered a Medical Error
Not every injury or unfavorable outcome that follows a visit to urgent care constitutes medical malpractice. To recover damages, we must investigate the facility, including its on-site lab, prescription department, and other areas that affected the care you receive. We will set out to prove the following elements of negligence in your case:
- Duty of care: The obligation to provide medical care that meets the acceptable standard
- Breach of duty: You received care that did not meet the acceptable standard
- Causation: The breach of standard caused your injuries or damaged your health
- Damages: The financial consequences you experienced due to the breach of duty
The evidence we collect to prove your right to compensation will start with your medical records and bills from the urgent care facility in College Park. We will also collect records and bills from any medical professional or facility where you have or will receive corrective care.
College Park Urgent Care Medical Malpractice Attorney (410)777-8960
Our Urgent Care Medical Malpractice Lawyer Supports College Park Clients
At Adam Smallow Injury Lawyers, we work hard to meet every client’s needs. We are passionate about helping you after an accident and fighting for the compensation you need to recover your health and well-being.
- Recommend highly qualified medical providers
- Represent you on a contingency fee basis
- Provide 24/7 text-based communication
- Respond to all phone calls and emails
- Accurately assess your recoverable damages
- Compile the documents that prove your case
- Speak with interested parties on your behalf
- Complete and submit insurance claim forms
- Provide ongoing updates about your case
- Obtain the required Certificate of Qualified Expert
We also handle the settlement negotiation process from start to finish, including fielding offers and reviewing their feasibility. If we cannot negotiate a fair settlement, we will take your medical negligence lawsuit to court for a final resolution.
Five-Star Reviews Previous Clients of Adam Smallow Injury Lawyers
Our law firm focuses on your case so you can focus on healing. On our testimonials page, previous clients say:
- Joe Bakhtar: The professionalism and service I’ve received from Adam Smallow has exceeded my expectations … He is very bright, listens well and answers all my questions…I’ve had experiences with other personal attorneys in the past, and Adam is without a doubt the best I’ve ever worked with.
- Stephanie: I highly recommend the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow. Mr. Smallow is hard working and committed to supporting his clients … He is easy to talk to and eager to help. Feel free to contact him with any questions!
Your case deserves individualized focus, time, and attention. When you are ready to fight back, we are ready to fight by your side.
Get a Free Consultation After Urgent Care Medical Malpractice Occurs in College Park, MD
If you or a loved one suffered a healthcare mistake at an urgent care facility in College Park, our medical malpractice attorney will hold the negligent healthcare provider accountable. Our College Park urgent care medical malpractice lawyer will build your case, deal with the insurance company, and fight hard for the best possible outcome.
Contact one of our consultation team members at Adam Smallow Injury Lawyers by calling (410) 777-8960 today.