When you or a loved one suffered an injury in a hit-and-run accident, it can be hard to know where to turn to cover the accident’s costs. However, a Greenbelt car accident lawyer will collect evidence and interview witnesses to identify the feeling driver. Moreover, if we cannot find them, our law firm will explain how you can still get the compensation you need from your insurance company.
Our Greenbelt hit-and-run accident lawyer will request recovery of your medical bills, pain and suffering, and lost income. We will build the most robust possible personal injury case for you. That’s because our client-focused team is passionate about recovering damages for the injured clients we represent. We will never stop fighting for you or the compensation you are entitled to recover.
Explore Your Financial Recovery Options With Our Hit-and-Run Accident Lawyer
Recovering damages after a car accident can become a complex legal matter when a driver crashes into someone and flees the scene. When that happens, the injured party has the following options for recovering compensation:
- You can sue the at-fault driver in civil court if the police can identify and find the culprit.
- You can request compensation from your insurance company within your uninsured motorist policy limits.
The investigation into any car accident is essential. Thus, the sooner our law firm gets involved in your hit-and-run case, the better. An immediate investigation could allow us to canvass the accident scene for witnesses, videos, and photos. They may have captured the at-fault driver before or after the accident, which could aid in identifying them.
Evidence Can Clarify Your Rights and Potentially Identify the Hit-and-Run Driver
Evidence collection after a car crash serves two purposes. First, it could identify the driver who fled. Second, it will also determine the accident’s cause and associated costs.
To strengthen your case, our legal team will collect the following evidence:
- Police report
- Medical bills
- Paycheck stubs
- Medical records
- First responder reports
- Accident scene photos
- Accident reconstruction
- The driver’s driving record
- A loved one’s death certificate
We understand how time-consuming it can be to build a persuasive case file. In addition, we know some of the evidence required for your case could be difficult to access. Some evidence could even be emotionally triggering. So, leave this task to us. While we build your case, you can focus on healing.
For legal consultation with a hit-and-run accident attorney in Greenbelt, call (410)777-8960
Compensation You Can Recover After a Hit-and-Run Accident in Greenbelt, MD
You could hold the driver who caused your accident accountable for your losses if you identify them. Otherwise, you could file a claim with your insurer. Either way, you are entitled to have your life restored to its pre-accident condition.
For instance, you could have your vehicle restored to its pre-accident condition or replaced if declared a total loss. Even if you repair your car, you could still recover damages for its diminished value.
Other recoverable damages include:
- All accident-related lost income
- All accident-related medical bills
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Disability or disfigurement
- Physical pain and suffering
- Loss of future earning ability
- Mental and emotional anguish
Wrongful Death Claims After a Hit-and-Run Crash
Families who lost a loved one in a hit-and-run collision can recover wrongful death damages. They include the decedent’s funeral and burial costs and your family’s loss of their income and household services. You can also recover for your loss of consortium, companionship, society, and guidance.
Hit-and-Run Accident Lawsuits Have a Filing Deadline in Maryland
Whether you seek compensation from your insurer or file a civil lawsuit against the at-fault driver, the statute of limitations determines how much time you have to do so. In general, you have:
- Three years to comply with the personal injury statute of limitations, according to Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-101
- Three years to abide by the wrongful death statute of limitations, according to Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 3-904
Meeting the filing deadline is mandatory but can be challenging since it can change based on several factors. Our hit-and-run accident attorney will help you correctly interpret and comply with the appropriate date.
Greenbelt Hit-and-Run Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
How Our Hit-and-Run Accident Lawyer Advocates for Greenbelt Clients
Our team at MD Accident Law has over 10 years of experience caring for accident victims and diminishing the impact the accident has on you and your family. When we represent you, we will:
- Suggest highly qualified medical providers to treat your injuries.
- Provide 24/7 text communication via a unique text number for every client.
- Offer a no-cost, no-obligation initial consultation and a no-fee guarantee.
- Order your police report and other evidence and supporting documentation.
- Handle all case-related communications—phone calls, emails, and written correspondence.
We also negotiate on your behalf, fielding offers and making counteroffers as we settle your case. Finally, our team members will provide ongoing updates as your case progresses and develops.
Praise and Accolades from Adam M. Smallow Clients
When previous clients share their experience with our law firm, they leave reviews and testimonials like the following on our testimonials page:
- Minassie K.: “I was involved in a car accident … I just couldn’t deal with insurance companies … Once I contacted Mr. Smallow for my case, everything went smoothly … My settlement was more than I had expected. I would recommend Mr. Smallow if you need a reliable injury attorney.”
- Stephanie: “I highly recommend the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow. Mr. Smallow is hard working and committed to supporting his clients. He is very well connected in the Baltimore community and with other lawyers. He is easy to talk to and eager to help.”
Our team will prioritize your case and give it the personalized, responsive legal care and support you need and deserve.
Call Today for Your Free Hit-and-Run Accident Consultation
If you or someone you love suffered an injury in a car crash caused by a driver who fled the scene, you could still recover damages. Our Greenbelt hit-and-run accident lawyer will help you pursue your insurer or identify and sue the negligent driver.
Learn more about your options for financial compensation by contacting one of our consultation team members at MD Accident Law today.