You may be entitled to receive compensation if you were a car accident victim in Greenbelt, Maryland. The Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow is a personal injury law firm that handles all types of car accident cases, whether you’re dealing with another passenger vehicle driver, a truck driver, or an uninsured driver, among other examples.
If you’re looking for a Greenbelt personal injury lawyer who handles car accident cases in Greenbelt, our team wants to represent you. We offer free consultations to review your case, explain our legal services, and show you how one of our car accident attorneys may be able to help you.
OUR LEGAL TEAM WANTS TO HELP YOU BUILD A SOLID CAR ACCIDENT CASE
So, how can a car accident lawyer serving Greenbelt help you? If they’re from our team, you get the benefit of a full-service effort to make your case robust and comprehensive.
- Conduct a private investigation to identify who may be held liable for your damages
- Gather evidence to support your case and establish that you were not at fault
- Communicate with insurance companies and lawyers on your behalf to protect your case and avoid making statements that can be used against you
- Use a lawsuit as leverage so that we may be able to negotiate an out-of-court settlement
If necessary, our team will represent you in court. We aim to build a solid case for you and fight for your right to receive compensation. Throughout the litigation, we will also offer legal advice on decisions you should make, including whether you should accept a settlement offer.
For legal consultation with a car accident attorney in Greenbelt, call (410)777-8960
YOU MAY BE ENTITLED TO RECEIVE COMPENSATION FOR VARIOUS DAMAGES
Perhaps one of the main legal services we provide is damage assessment. Many people interested in taking action against a negligent driver or related party might understand that they want money to help them recover from an accident, but they might not know how much they need or are entitled to receive.
We can help you calculate the value of your damages and inform you about which other awards you may qualify for based on how the car accident affected your life.
Some of the main damages you may pursue include:
If your injuries were severe or required expensive medical treatment, we can help you pursue compensation to cover these costs. Medical expenses can include costs for:
- Emergency room treatment
- Ambulance rides
- Doctor’s appointments
- Imaging exams, e.g., MRIs, CT scans, and X-rays
- Lab tests or bloodwork
- Prescription medicines
- Physical therapy or rehabilitation
Car accidents often lead to some type of property damage, usually to your vehicle. You may be able to recover compensation for:
- Repair costs to fix your vehicle
- Cash value of your vehicle if it was totaled beyond repair
- Cash value of other types of damaged property involved in the accident, e.g., your home
If your injuries forced you to lose income, you may also claim this damage to recover compensation. Income loss can be interpreted as:
- Taking unpaid time off to go to doctor’s appointments or recover from your injuries
- Having to quit your job due to your injuries
- Being forced to take a lower-paying job because of physical or mental limitations your injuries caused
- Being forced to forgo job opportunities or promotions because of your injuries
- Expecting to lose income in the future because your injuries are long-term or permanent
PAIN AND SUFFERING
Pain and suffering is a broad category that includes losses related to physical pain or emotional distress. This type of damage does not have a financial value but can be assigned one based on your other damages or the extent of pain you suffered from your injuries. You can also factor in future pain and suffering you might experience.
Damages related to pain and suffering also include:
- Living with a permanent disability
- Being physically disfigured from the accident
- Losing joy in previous hobbies and activities
- Losing joy in life in general
- Coping with psychological trauma from the accident
WRONGFUL DEATH DAMAGES
If you lost a loved one in a car accident, you may be able to file a wrongful death claim or lawsuit to pursue compensation for:
- Costs to organize a funeral for your loved one
- Income loss that your loved one would have provided had they still been alive
- Emotional losses related to their passing and how it has affected the family as a whole
Maryland permits specific family members to seek these damages. Our car accident lawyer will ensure you understand which family members can file a wrongful death action.
Greenbelt Car Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
DON’T WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE TO FILE YOUR CAR ACCIDENT CASE
Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code §5-101 sets the statutory deadline for personal injury cases, including car accident cases. According to this statute, plaintiffs generally have three years from the date of their car accident to file their lawsuit. So, if you miss this deadline, you might lose your right to have your case heard by a judge.
Other reasons why you want to make sure you file your lawsuit on time include:
- If the defendant finds out you filed your lawsuit late, they can request to have your case dismissed.
- If your case gets dismissed, you will have to pay for your damages out of pocket.
- Other aspects of your case may be contingent on how soon you act, such as time-sensitive evidence (like witnesses’ memories).
CAR ACCIDENT LAWSUITS INVOLVING FATALITIES
If you lost a loved one as a result of their fatal car accident injuries, you may consult our law firm to see if you qualify to file a wrongful death lawsuit on their behalf. If so, you generally have three years from the date of their death to file your lawsuit, per Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code §3-904.
Let Us Negotiate a Fair and Appropriate Settlement on Your Behalf
To hold the at-fault party financially accountable for your accident, we help you prove their negligence. However, this can be challenging on your own. Instead, we take care of proving negligence for you by establishing the at-fault driver:
- Owed you a duty of care to act responsibly and obey the rules of the road
- Breached their responsibility by driving in a reckless or careless manner
- Caused your accident and its resulting physical injuries and property damage
- Caused the economic and noneconomic financial consequences of the accident
We collect the evidence proving these negligence elements for you and submit your case file to the at-fault party and their insurer. We will also use this evidence to steer your case toward a settlement versus a trial.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Fee Agreement Means You Do Not Have to Wait to Get Started
You should not feel forced to delay your pursuit of compensation or accept an insurance company’s initial settlement offer because you can’t bear the cost of hiring a lawyer.
Our personal injury team will accept your case on contingency. This fee structure has the following benefits for you:
- We absorb all costs and expenses related to your case
- You incur no upfront or out-of-pocket costs to get started
- You pay nothing unless your case resolves in your favor
- Our fee comes out as a percentage of any settlement or verdict you receive
Reviews and Testimonials From Previous Car Accident Clients
We understand that choosing a law firm to represent you after an injury accident can be difficult. However, we think you’ll agree with our previous clients who had a positive experience working with MD Accident Law:
- “I was in an accident 2 years ago…and I didn’t know what to do. I started looking for the best lawyer and came upon Adam’s office, and they stuck by me and my family the whole way. I highly recommend — great people, great outcome!” — Jonathan D.
- “I’ve used Adam for 2 personal injury claims, and both times he has delivered a more than satisfactory result for me. Adam goes above and beyond for his clients…He will definitely go toe to toe with anyone that gets in his way.” — Elliot A.
CALL THE LAW OFFICES OF ADAM M. SMALLOW FOR A FREE CASE REVIEW
If you were a victim of a car accident in Greenbelt, Maryland, you may be entitled to collect compensation for injuries and damages you suffered. Our legal team serves people in Greenbelt, so we can have one of our car accident lawyers help you build your case.
Contact us today to speak with one of our representatives in a free consultation. We are available 24/7 and can start setting up your client profile right away.