Urgent care centers help many sick and injured people in need, but they are only as effective as the people who work there. If you were the victim of medical malpractice, our lawyer serving Havre de Grace can be of service.
At MD Accident Law, we work hard to help ordinary people like you recover financially after a preventable injury. Our Havre de Grace medical malpractice lawyer can pursue damages for your medical bills, loss of income, and physical suffering. For more information contact our Havre de Grace personal injury lawyer.
How Our Lawyers Handle Medical Malpractice Cases in Havre de Grace
The team at Adam M. Smallow is prepared to do everything possible to get you fair compensation after a malpractice incident. This includes managing all legal tasks, including but not limited to:
- Investigating your injury to help you prove your medical malpractice case
- Identifying the liable party or parties, whether they are a nurse, a physician’s assistant, or even the urgent care center as a whole
- Calculating how much money your case is worth
- Getting in touch with the at-fault party’s insurer and, if possible, starting negotiations with them for a settlement that meets your family’s needs
- Taking the responsible party to court if it is not possible to secure a pretrial settlement
Our Havre de Grace urgent care medical malpractice lawyer can even file a wrongful death case if your loved one passed away due to malpractice-related injuries.
In addition to handling the legal side of your case, our team strives to ensure client comfort by:
- Getting you treated: We know how hard it can be to trust another doctor after suffering a malpractice injury. Our firm works with a network of high-quality medical professionals, and we would be happy to recommend someone to you if you still need treatment.
- Keeping the lines of communication open: We give each client a unique phone number that they can use to text us with questions at any time.
- Providing legal advice as needed: If you are ever unsure of what to do or how to handle a particular legal issue, we can be there to talk through the problem with you.
If you are the victim of medical malpractice, it is a good idea to seek medical treatment and then consult us about your rights as quickly as possible. This way, we can start on your case sooner, and your family could potentially recover the money you need sooner as well.
For legal consultation with a urgent care medical malpractice attorney in Havre de Grace, call (410)777-8960
Are You Eligible for Medical Malpractice Damages?
To prove you qualify for compensation, you must meet certain requirements.
The first requirement is that you begin your case within the deadline specified under Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-109. This deadline may be set at five years from the injury date, three years from the date you discovered the injury, or something else. Our medical malpractice attorney can tell you which deadline applies to your case.
Secondly, you—with the help from our medical malpractice attorney—must use evidence to establish that all four of the following points are true:
- The at-fault party had a duty of care towards you, meaning that they were responsible for taking reasonable steps to ensure your safety
- The at-fault party failed to fulfill their duty of care through negligent behavior, such as making a prescription error, failing to warn you of the dangers of treatment, or misdiagnosing your condition
- Due to the at-fault party’s breach of duty, you suffered one or more injuries
- The injuries you suffered have caused noticeable physical, emotional, and financial pain
Finally, you will have to prove that the amount of money you are asking for is a fair and accurate reflection of your malpractice-related injuries. Our personal injury law firm can determine the monetary worth of everything the malpractice has cost you, including:
- The cost of addressing your injuries with treatments like hospitalization, medication, and physical therapy
- The income your family relies on and that you cannot go to work to earn while your recovery is ongoing
- The long-term impact the injury will have on your ability to find work, hold down a job, and support your dependents
- The ways in which the injury has harmed your emotional or physical relationships with close loved ones
- The physical and mental symptoms associated with your injury
- The ways in which the injury affects your ability to use your mind and body (e.g., an infected cut on your leg could prevent you from walking easily or even lead to amputation)
Rather than trying to handle all of this by yourself, you have the right to hire a medical malpractice attorney from our firm. We can confront the urgent care clinic on your behalf so you can rest at home and stay focused on rebuilding your life.
Havre de Grace Urgent Care Medical Malpractice Attorney (410)777-8960
Medical Malpractice at Urgent Care Versus Other Medical Facilities
Urgent care centers are a unique kind of clinic that differs from your regular provider and the emergency room. As the Mayo Clinic explains, the main features of an urgent care clinic are:
- They handle issues that are possibly serious but not immediately life-threatening, such as aches and pains, respiratory issues, and gastrointestinal issues
- They typically cost less than an emergency room visit, but they may not provide the full range of services you could expect from a hospital
- Unlike the ER, they have set hours when they open and close, but they generally have a much shorter wait time than other medical providers
Since urgent care centers deal with potentially serious medical issues, it is very important that they do everything possible to avoid mistakes. If you or a loved one have suffered the consequences of a medical error, you can file a case for damages—and our law firm can help you do so.
Our Medical Malpractice Lawyers Serve Havre de Grace
Let MD Accident Law focus on your case so you can focus on healing. Call us today so we can assess your case for free. Our Havre de Grace urgent care medical malpractice lawyer will charge no upfront attorney’s fees. Instead, we wait until you have received your compensation to collect our fee agreement.