People who fall victim to others’ negligence may seek justice for the injuries and damages they incurred in an accident. If a negligent individual’s behavior ended up causing you harm and several types of damages, you might have the basis of a personal injury insurance claim.
If your accident took place in Baltimore, Maryland, a Baltimore personal injury lawyer may help you build your case. They can guide you through the litigation process and answer any questions you may have along the way.
A personal injury case may involve any type of accident that caused the plaintiff to suffer damages, such as a motor vehicle accident. A plaintiff may also pursue compensation if they were the victim of a slip and fall accident (you want a specialized slip and fall accident lawyer), dog bite, medical error (you can contact our Baltimore medical malpractice lawyers), or defective product.
Contact the case review team at the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow today to learn how you may file a personal injury claim.
Hiring a Local Baltimore Personal Injury Lawyer May Provide You Benefits
If your accident occurred in Baltimore, you may hire a local personal injury lawyer to help you build your case. Our legal team serves the city of Baltimore by:
- Keeping our clients updated on their cases (our team is informative and responsive)
- Conducting our own local investigations to discover the cause of our clients’ injuries by looking for evidence, such as video footage and eyewitness accounts
- Consulting medical, mechanical, technical, and other experts to bolster and support our clients’ claims
- Obtaining, reviewing, and completing all case-related documents, including insurance forms and requests for relevant information
In Maryland, even a single percent of contributory negligence can damage your case. Our team aims to build as robust a case as possible and use supporting evidence to prove your claims that the other party should be held at fault for the accident and your injuries––not you.
Our team of Baltimore personal injury lawyers wants to work for you, so contact the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow today.
For legal consultation with a Personal Injury attorney in Baltimore, call (410)777-8960
Time Plays an Important Role in Your Fight for Compensation
If a person gets injured in Baltimore, the state of Maryland determines the amount of time that person has to file a lawsuit against the negligent party. If you would like to file a personal injury lawsuit, you must file your lawsuit within the statute of limitations. If you fail to do so, your case might get dismissed by a judge.
You are generally required to file your lawsuit within three years of the date of the incident that caused your injuries, according to the Maryland Code, Courts and Judicial Proceedings §5-101. If you intend to file a lawsuit against a governmental or municipal entity, you are required to submit a claim letter to the Treasurer’s office within a year of the incident that caused your injuries, according to the Maryland Code, State Government §12-106.
Do not delay in notifying a Baltimore personal injury attorney of your accident. Rather than risk missing the statutory deadline, we advise that you act as soon as possible so that our team can build your case and file it on time.
Baltimore Personal Injury Attorney (410)777-8960
Our Team Can Fight the Insurance Company for You
While it is important that your claim gets filed on time, you and your lawyer may resolve your case with a financial settlement at any point–– even if your lawsuit is already in progress. Our team can calculate the monetary value of your case and advise you on the pros and cons of each financial offer you receive.
You are the only person who can authorize and accept a financial settlement. If you choose to agree to a settlement offer, you will give up your right to pursue any further compensation from the at-fault party.
You cannot request additional damages—even if your condition worsens—after your case gets settled out of court. So, it is critical to value your case as accurately as possible, which might involve waiting to see how your circumstances develop after the accident. If you accept a settlement offer too soon, you might be unaware of the full financial impact of your injuries.
Former Clients Praise the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow
When you consider the accounts of our former clients, know that you will receive the same type of legal care that they did. Here’s some feedback previous clients have left behind:
- “Mr. Smallow was the clear choice. I benefited from this choice by retaining a responsive and knowledgeable attorney. My fee was reasonable and for a lack of a better phrase, I truly felt as though he worked for it. I would recommend Mr. Smallow and should I need counsel in the future, his office will be my first phone call.” – Jason, former client
- “I was in a serious motorcycle accident that put me in critical care for weeks. I lacked any medical insurance to cover nearly $100,000 in bills. Amazingly, Adam was able to work with the doctors, hospital, rehabilitation center and insurance companies to greatly reduce my medical fees and to maximize the insurance payments beyond my wildest dreams. We can’t say enough good things about Adam.” – John, former client
Attorney Adam M. Smallow and his team of paralegals, investigators, and other staffers play a key role in every case. They will ensure that your case is filed on time, accurately, and in a way that puts you in a position for success.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Know the Value of Your Physical and Emotional Injuries
If another person’s negligence left you with injuries, you might be eligible to file a compensation claim to recover your past, present, and future medical expenses. You might also be able to fight for additional forms of compensation, such as awards to cover the cost of repairing or replacing your damaged property.
The emotional aftermath of the accident may have financial value as well. After an accident, your physical and emotional well-being are important, and recovering from a personal injury can be time-consuming and taxing.
Specific Damages You May Recover in a Personal Injury Case
Here is an itemized list of what you can recover through a claim or lawsuit:
- Healthcare expenses: Seeking medical treatment isn’t cheap, even if you have health insurance. First, we’ll review the severity of your condition by speaking with your doctors and reviewing your medical bills. Then, we’ll pursue damages for each of your necessary medical costs, from ambulance transportation fees to surgery.
- Loss of income, earning power, and other professional damages: Our injured clients often find themselves out of work. Many of those clients do not have a guaranteed salary and may even lose income in the future. We will seek compensation for your lost income, reduced earning power, loss of job-related benefits, and other professional damages.
- Pain and suffering: Pain and suffering accounts for the physical and emotional harm your accident caused. It doesn’t come with receipts or invoices, making it somewhat difficult to calculate. We will review your situation to determine what you deserve for pain and suffering.
- Various non-economic damages. Like pain and suffering, non-economic damages do not come with inherent monetary values. Instead, how much you can recover depends on your case. Examples of recoverable non-economic damages include mental anguish, loss of enjoyment of life, and disability.
- Property damage expenses: Certain personal injury cases, like motor vehicle accidents, involve significant property damage. If you have suffered damage to your property, we’ll pursue coverage to repair or replace that property.
- Wrongful death-related losses. If you lost a loved one, we’re deeply sorry for your loss. While compensation can’t account for their passing, it can make your financial burdens easier. Compensable losses in a wrongful death case include funeral fees, embalming, the memorial service, end-of-life healthcare costs, and more.
You might be entitled to other forms of compensatory awards, such as loss of consortium. Your personal injury lawyer in Baltimore may pursue other damages based on your case’s circumstances.
A Baltimore Personal Injury Lawyer Can Fight for You
You might be entitled to collect compensation if a negligent individual caused your injuries and other damages. Our team will fight for financial recovery so that you can focus on your physical recovery. If you want to learn more about what legal options you may have available, contact the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow today for a free consultation.