Pedestrians are among the most vulnerable roadway users in Havre de Grace. This is because they have no protection from reckless motor vehicle drivers. If you were injured in a traffic accident that was not your fault, a lawyer from Adam M. Smallow can help.
By filing a case against the responsible party, you could recover money for everything your family needs, including medical expenses and loss of income. Our Havre de Grace personal injury lawyer can seek that money on your behalf and support you throughout your case.
Our Pedestrian Accident Lawyers Treat Havre de Grace Clients With Dignity
Being injured in a pedestrian accident is one of the most painful and traumatizing events you will ever experience. You deserve a law firm that will be responsive to your needs and understanding of what you are going through. Adam M. Smallow takes care of our clients by:
- Charging nothing for the initial case review
- Giving you a unique phone number that you can use to text us with questions or concerns at any time of the day or night
- Helping you find a high-quality medical provider, if you are still looking for injury treatment
- Not billing you for attorney’s fees unless and until we win money for you
We Handle Simple and Complex Pedestrian Accident Cases
Our legal team has spent years helping families just like yours confront reckless drivers and other neglectful parties. We can handle absolutely everything on your behalf, from the smallest tasks to the biggest ones. That includes:
- Collecting and requesting evidence to build your casefile
- Analyzing evidence to identify the liable party and determine your case’s worth
- Dealing with paperwork, such as sending a demand letter to the at-fault party’s insurer
- Communicating with you regularly so you always know what is happening and can ask our advice about how to react to each new development
- Negotiating with the insurer and trying to make them understand why you deserve the money you have asked for
- Representing you in the courtroom, if necessary, and asking a jury to award you an appropriate amount of compensation
For legal consultation with a pedestrian accident attorney in Havre de Grace, call (410)777-8960
Compensation for Havre de Grace Pedestrian Accident Survivors
As a pedestrian, you have just as much right to use the street safely as anyone else. If a driver or other party violated this right by behaving negligently, your family deserves fair damages for all of the things you lost because of their actions. This includes but is not limited to:
- Pain and suffering that causes you physical and/or emotional distress
- Reduced quality of life caused by your newfound dependence on others or your inability to enjoy quality time with the people you love
- Disabling injuries that rob you of a physical or mental capability that you once took for granted
- Loss of the salary and job benefits that your family needs to pay for necessities, such as rent and groceries
- Medical expenses, so you can get the care you need without worrying if your health insurance will cover the cost of treatment
Do Not Miss Out on Pedestrian Crash Damages in Havre de Grace
Your right to compensation is governed by Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-101. According to this law, you must begin your case within three years of the injury. Otherwise, you cannot collect any damages, no matter how great your family’s need.
The sooner a client tells us about their accident injuries, the sooner our pedestrian accident attorneys can get to work on fighting for their rights.
Havre de Grace Pedestrian Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
Compensation for Havre de Grace Pedestrian Accident Fatalities
According to Zero Deaths Maryland, pedestrian accidents have a disturbingly high mortality rate. Such collisions account for less than 3 percent of total traffic accidents, and yet they cause nearly a quarter of all fatalities.
Wrongful Death Damages Are Available After Pedestrian Accidents
MD Accident Law can assign an Havre de Grace wrongful death attorney to seek justice for a deceased loved one. In addition to holding the at-fault party accountable for their deadly negligence, your family could receive money for:
- The loss of your loved one’s guiding and comforting presence in your daily life
- The cost of planning and executing your loved one’s burial and funeral service
- Income that your loved one would have put towards supporting dependents
- Any and all damages that your loved one never got the chance to recover for themselves, including medical expenses and disability
How Do Pedestrian Crashes Happen in Havre de Grace?
All too many traffic accidents are the result of simple neglect or recklessness. Below are a few examples of how carelessness can lead to a pedestrian collision and upend your family’s lives. Our Havre de Grace pedestrian accident lawyer can help you in any of these situations and more:
- A distracted or drowsy driver runs a red light as you are trying to cross the road.
- A drunk driver jumps the curb and hits you while you are on the sidewalk.
- An auto part manufacturer sells faulty brakes, so the car’s driver is unable to stop when they see pedestrians cross into their path.
- The local government allows large bushes or other obstructions to obscure. visibility at an intersection, so the driver cannot see pedestrians crossing the road until it is too late.
- A mechanic did not fix a broken stoplight correctly, so there is confusion about whether you or the car has the right of way.
After a Pedestrian Accident, You Deserve Justice
On behalf of the entire team at Adam M. Smallow, we are sorry for all of your losses. You deserve the chance to hold any and all liable parties accountable for what they did to your family—and we can help you do so.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Let Our Havre de Grace Attorneys Take Your Pedestrian Accident Case
After a crash, you have more than enough to worry about. MD Accident Law can focus on your case so you can focus on healing. Call us at (410) 777-8960 for a free case review today, and do not worry about paying our attorney’s fees: our Havre de Grace pedestrian accident lawyer charges nothing until you get your money.