After the loss of a loved one, it can be hard to cope with everyday things. Not only are bills and financial obligations harder to pay, but you may be dealing with significant personal loss that affects your quality of life. You shouldn’t have to suffer these effects of someone else’s negligence. We can help you recover compensation that will allow your family to move forward and grieve.
If your loved one passed away because of a car accident injury, the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow can help you seek justice. Our Havre de Grace, MD fatal car accident lawyers can assist with every aspect of your insurance claim or lawsuit so you and your family can focus on grieving and healing from your loss.
We Can Seek Compensation for Your Loved One’s Fatal Car Accident
Losing a loved one is difficult enough without the added stress of related expenses or concerns about how you will support your family in the future. Fortunately, our attorneys can pursue compensation for your loved one’s fatal car accident. We will work tirelessly to secure an appropriate settlement or verdict so that someone else’s negligence does not threaten your family’s financial stability.
According to Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 3–901, you can seek compensation for a loved one’s death if their fatal injury resulted from another party’s “wrongful act.” Wrongful death damages may include awards the deceased could have sought with a personal injury case and compensation for surviving family members’ losses. In general, our Havre de Grace fatal car accident lawyers can pursue the following:
- Medical bills. We can recover medical expenses incurred by your loved one from the time of their accident until their passing. Medical damages may include ambulance transportation, emergency department treatment, hospital stays, surgeries, medications, and end-of-life care.
- Funeral and burial expenses. We can pursue the cost of funeral or memorial services, caskets, urns, burial plots, and other necessary expenses associated with laying your loved one to rest.
- Lost income and financial support. We can seek compensation for your loved one’s lost wages, earnings, and health and retirement benefits, including income and financial contributions your loved one would have provided had they lived.
- Vehicle damages. We can secure compensation to pay for damage to your loved one’s vehicle or for a replacement if the damage constitutes a total loss.
- The deceased’s pain and suffering. We can pursue awards for your loved one’s physical pain, emotional suffering, and mental distress.
- The emotional care and support of your loved one. The loss of your loved one’s counsel, support, care, and attention can be included in your demands.
Who Can Pursue a Wrongful Death Case in Maryland?
Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 3–904 states that the spouse, parents, or children of a lost loved one can pursue a wrongful death case. If there are no qualifying survivors, any relative “substantially dependent” upon the deceased can take action. Our Maryland fatal accident attorneys can tell you more about your eligibility to pursue compensation.
What Is the Statute of Limitations?
Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 3–904 also establishes a three-year statute of limitations for filing a wrongful death lawsuit. If you do not file within three years of your loved one’s passing, the court will likely refuse your case. In addition, an expired statute will reduce your insurance bargaining power and may lead to a reduced or denied settlement.
For legal consultation with a fatal car accident attorney in Havre de Grace, call (410)777-8960
Our Havre De Grace Lawyers Will Fight for Your Family
Attorney Adam M. Smallow and the MD Accident Law team have decades of experience helping injured Maryland residents and their families seek justice. We fight hard for our clients so they can turn their time and energy toward getting their lives back on track.
When you work with us, you get a law firm committed to providing professional, personalized, and responsive representation. We work to build your case and secure fair compensation – so you don’t have to. Our lawyers and staff will:
- Draft and file your insurance claim or lawsuit
- Identify liable parties
- Identify and calculate financial losses
- Collect case evidence, such as police reports, medical records, witness statements, and expert testimony
- Track and manage deadlines
- Handle communications with insurance agents or opposing attorneys
- Make appearances for you when possible
- Negotiate on your behalf
- Promptly return your phone calls or emails
- Provide you with a unique number for 24/7 text communications
- Represent you at trial if needed
We do Not Charge Upfront or Out-of-Pocket Fees – No-Win, No-Fee Guarantee
We do not want the cost of a lawyer to be a barrier for our clients. Therefore, we take cases on contingency, meaning you do not pay us a fee until we win your case. This payment arrangement allows us to shoulder the financial risk for you. You don’t pay out of pocket for our services, and we handle the upfront costs.
Havre de Grace Fatal Car Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
Fatal Car Accidents in Harford County
According to the Maryland Department of Transportation, nearly 20 fatal car accidents occurred in Harford County in 2021, and around 500 fatal collisions happened statewide. If your loved one suffered a fatal crash injury on Pulaski Highway, Revolution Street, or anywhere else in Havre de Grace, we can help.
Our attorneys can investigate your loved one’s crash and show that an at-fault party caused your family member’s injury due to their reckless or wrongful actions. Negligent driving behaviors include:
- Driving while intoxicated
- Driving distracted
- Aggressive driving (road rage)
- Failing to maintain lane position
- Failing to stop at a marked intersection
- Making an improper turn
You do not have to stand alone. Our lawyers can build your case, prove your right to compensation, and protect your best interests. We will explore every option for recovering your damages and ensure you receive fair treatment from the insurance company and other involved parties.
Contact the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow
If your loved one was the victim of a fatal collision, we offer our sincere condolences. We know you have many choices when selecting a lawyer, so it would be our honor to assist you and your family. We care deeply about our clients and strive to be relentless in getting the awards they need and deserve.
To learn more about working with our Havre de Grace fatal car accident lawyer, contact the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow today and take advantage of a risk-free, no-cost consultation. A team member is available 24/7 to answer your question, offer support, and connect you with a Maryland attorney near you.