A fatal truck accident can leave you more than emotionally devastated—it can also cause financial strain since few families are prepared for such a sudden loss. You deserve to grieve in peace. We can seek compensation from the party responsible for the truck accident.
An Havre de Grace fatal truck accident lawyer from Adam Smallow Injury Lawyers can help you. We have helped many surviving family members file claims on behalf of their deceased loved one. In addition, we can give you support and guidance throughout the whole process.
Types of Compensation You Could Recover After a Fatal Truck Accident in Havre de Grace
On behalf of your loved one, you could file a claim. The goal of filing a claim includes recovering compensation for your losses. You could sustain losses because of your loved one’s death. Our attorneys can work with you to figure out the losses you suffered. Then, we can gather evidence to prove you sustained these losses.
To file a claim as a surviving family member, you must have a specific relationship with the decedent. Our attorneys can help you determine if you meet the qualifications to file a claim on behalf of your loved one.
After the fatal truck accident, your loved one could get rushed to the emergency room in an ambulance. Once in the emergency room, they could receive medical care in an attempt to save their life. After their death, you could receive the medical bill for your loved one. Through a claim, you can attempt to recover compensation for how much you had to pay for those medical bills.
Your loved one who passed away in the accident could have provided for you and your family. If so, you could include the future income your family will not receive because of their death. Our personal injury attorneys can seek fair compensation to make up for this loss.
We can use evidence provided by the employer and also speak to economic experts to prove your case.
The costs of a funeral or celebration of life service could far extend how much money you have to spend. Through your claim, you could seek compensation for these services. Also, you could include any costs associated with burial or cremation in your claim.
For legal consultation with a fatal truck accident attorney in Havre de Grace, call (410)777-8960
Why Choose Adam Smallow Injury Lawyers as Your Havre de Grace Fatal Truck Accident Attorney
We care for our clients deeply and want them to reach a successful outcome. You can count on us to work hard to help you reach the outcome you desire. When you hire our firm to take on your case, you can relax and know that everything will get taken care of with the utmost care.
We can discuss the legal process during a free consultation, as well. During the consultation, you get to ask any questions you have. After the consultation, you can have a better idea of if you want to move forward with our firm or not.
Our Past Clients Have Great Things to Say About Adam Smallow Injury Lawyers
Many of our past clients feel inclined to leave reviews because of the strong legal representation we provided for them. Past reviews include:
- “Adam was extremely easy to get a hold of even before I was a client. He kept communication open and made sure I was aware of everything involved. He was even very flexible with a court date mishap on my part! Everything was dismissed because of Adam’s methods and professionalism, and I will and have already recommended the Smallow Law Offices to friends and colleagues.” – Carlo
- “Adam Smallow provides exceptional legal work with prompt, personal service. Mr. Smallow is credible, honest, extremely hard-working, and knowledgeable. I highly recommend anyone in the Baltimore, MD area to use his firm!” – Dana
- “It is critical that the lawyer is responsive and prompt. Adam is very responsive. He also achieves excellent results. I recommend him wholeheartedly.” – Jay
Havre de Grace Fatal Truck Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
Common Reasons Fatal Truck Accidents Happen in Havre de Grace
Fatal truck accidents happen in Havre de Grace for various reasons. Some of the most common causes, according to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), include:
- Distracted drivers: Driving while distracted causes many truck accidents across the United States daily. Someone might think sending a quick text won’t have repercussions when it could. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) state that other distractions could include changing the radio or eating.
- Reckless drivers: Tailgating, speeding, or not following the laws of the road can count as reckless driving actions.
- Drunk drivers: Although many people understand the dangers of driving while under the influence, people still engage in these activities. A drunk driver could have lowered inhibitions and poor driving capabilities. Making an accident easier to cause.
If your loved one passed away because another driver engaged in any of these activities, you could file a claim against them. When you hire our attorneys to help you, we can take the needed steps to help you seek compensation.
Work With Our Fatal Truck Accident Attorneys
When you don’t know where to turn after the death of a loved one, turn to our attorneys. We can go to bat for you against the liable party during negotiations. Our attorneys can bring strong evidence to prove you deserve the compensation you seek on behalf of your loved one.
Contact us today for a free consultation. You deserve to honor the memory of your loved one, and we’re here to help.