Many people in Hyattsville, Maryland, rely on urgent care centers to treat their non-emergency medical problems. So, what can you do if an urgent care provider makes a mistake or commits malpractice that leaves you injured? A lawyer from our firm can help.
If your family needs compensation for losses like medical expenses and disabling injuries, you can depend on a Hyattsville medical malpractice lawyer from MD Accident Law to confront the insurance company and fight for that money. For more information contact our Hyattsville personal injury lawyer.
Urgent Care Medical Malpractice Damages Are Available in Hyattsville
If an urgent care center commits malpractice, you have the right to file a case against the center for the harm they did to you and your family. You could receive money for:
- Reduced quality of life: Even a temporary injury can keep you from living independently or doing the things you need and like to do. This can be a source of great stress for your family if you are unable to care for children, pets, or property.
- Pain and suffering: Thanks to the malpractice, the medical problem you sought treatment for may still be causing you discomfort. In addition, you may have received a new injury that comes with a new set of distressing, painful symptoms.
- Disability: Temporary disabilities could force you to rearrange your life until you get better. Permanent disabilities may require you to rebuild your life from scratch.
- Medical expenses: When one provider makes a mistake, you may have to consult with another to help you get better, taking more money out of your pocket.
- Loss of income: If your injury is serious enough to keep you away from work for any length of time, your family may have to lower their living standards or even go into debt.
- Loss of employment: When an injury or illness is serious enough, you might have to leave your job, and finding new employment is not easy. Your entire family could suffer if your injury affects your employability in any way.
How much your family can get in malpractice damages depends on both the severity of your injuries and the restrictions codified in Maryland state law. Adam M. Smallow can make sure you ask for enough money to cover all of your family’s losses, both now and in the future.
Wrongful Death Versus Personal Injury Damages After Medical Malpractice
If you are filing your case on behalf of a deceased loved one, the damages you qualify for may differ somewhat from those listed above. Our law firm could seek money for funeral expenses and loss of companionship, among other things.
Please accept our condolences for your loss. If a negligent urgent care clinic contributed to your loved one’s passing, know that you can rely on our medical malpractice legal team to help you seek justice.
Your Right to Medical Malpractice Compensation Is Time-Sensitive
Generally speaking, you have five years to file a medical malpractice case in Maryland, according to Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-109. However, it is important to realize that there are many exceptions and caveats to this law, including for those who were underage at the time of the injury or who did not discover the malpractice right away.
Adam M. Smallow encourages you to talk to our office about your case. This way you can find out what your legal options are for sure.
For legal consultation with a urgent care medical malpractice attorney in Hyattsville, call (410)777-8960
Our Hyattsville Law Firm Can Pursue Medical Malpractice Damages
Your family has already been through a terrible ordeal. MD Accident Law wants to give you the chance to focus on your recuperation while we take care of your legal obligations by:
- Providing you with a free, no-risk consultation over the phone
- Helping you get the treatment you need by recommending a good doctor from within our network
- Collecting evidence to help prove that you deserve compensation from the at-fault party’s insurer
- Negotiating with the insurance company until they agree to pay you an appropriate pretrial settlement
- Representing you in the courtroom if necessary by selecting jury members, questioning witnesses, and delivering oral arguments
- Handling all paperwork so you do not have to think about sending or receiving any forms or documents
- Giving you a dedicated phone number that you can use to text us with questions or concerns
Whether you need compensation for a personal injury or a wrongful death, our Hyattsville urgent care medical malpractice lawyer would like to fight by your side.
Hyattsville Urgent Care Medical Malpractice Attorney (410)777-8960
How Can Hyattsville Urgent Care Centers Avoid Malpractice?
Malpractice at an urgent care center can take many forms, so it is the responsibility of everyone who works there to behave in a responsive and competent manner at all times in order to protect their patients. Medical professionals can greatly reduce the risk of committing malpractice by:
- Listening to patients: It is the provider’s job to take patients’ concerns seriously. Dismissing or ignoring the patient’s complaint without taking any action could constitute malpractice.
- Carefully examining test results: Your provider should be prudent about ordering tests and examining the results of those tests. They should not order an unnecessary test or rush through the process of evaluating test results.
- Prescribing correct treatments: The only treatments your provider should recommend are those that they believe to be effective in this particular case. Your provider should also take care to avoid careless mistakes that could harm you, like a typo in a prescription.
- Communicating with others: This could mean warning a patient of potential side effects of a recommended treatment. It could also mean talking to the patient’s other caregivers to make sure all of their treatments are compatible with each other.
Any deviation from these standards could injure the patient, perhaps irrevocably. We can help you hold an irresponsible medical professional or urgent care clinic accountable for their actions.
We Take Urgent Care Medical Malpractice Cases in Hyattsville
At Adam M. Smallow, we are proud to represent regular people like you, not big corporations or insurance companies. If you want to discuss your legal options and learn more about hiring our Hyattsville urgent care medical malpractice lawyer, call now. The initial case review is always free and confidential.