Chestertown urgent care centers help many people suffering from serious but non-emergency medical issues. At the same time, these centers are staffed by fallible providers who sometimes make mistakes. If this is what happened to you, our medical malpractice lawyer can help.
MD Accident Law supports clients by guiding them through the legal process and fighting for the money their family needs to recover and rebuild. You can stay home and recuperate while our Chestertown medical malpractice lawyer does all the work.
When Should You Call Our Chestertown Medical Malpractice Attorney?
Ideally, you should reach out to the team at Adam M. Smallow right after you receive treatment for your malpractice injuries. This gives us the maximum amount of time to:
- Assess your case confidentially over the phone at no charge
- Explain your legal rights and what options you have for recovering damages
- Find enough evidence to prove your Maryland malpractice case
- Identify the party or parties who caused your malpractice injury
- Calculate the value of all of your injuries, including financial, physical, and psychological losses
- Contact the liable party and their insurance company, and find out if they are willing to cooperate with your legal action
- Negotiate a fair settlement that will be paid out in a lump sum or a structured settlement
- Prepare to take your case to court if it becomes necessary to file a lawsuit against the at-fault party
- Representing you in the courtroom by doing our utmost to persuade the jury to award you money
In general, you have five years to file a malpractice case against an urgent care center or another medical facility, per Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-109. However, there are many conditions included in this law, so it is better to talk to us about your case as quickly as possible so we can make sure to file your legal action on time.
For more information contact our Chestertown personal injury lawyer.
Our Chestertown Team Supports Medical Malpractice Clients
At MD Accident Law, we understand that you and your family are under a great deal of stress right now. Our legal team wants to make things easier for you in every way we can, including by:
- Recommending doctors that can treat your malpractice injury: We only work with providers that we would send our own families to, so you can trust that they are qualified and competent.
- Keeping in frequent contact with you: We will even give you a phone number that you can use to text us at any time of any day.
- Charging a contingency fee: You do not have to worry about paying any attorneys’ fees until you get money from the at-fault party.
If there is ever anything you need to make your experience with us less stressful, do not hesitate to reach out. We do all we can to provide our clients with peace of mind after a traumatic event like medical malpractice.
For legal consultation with a urgent care medical malpractice attorney in Chestertown, call (410)777-8960
What Can You Get From Urgent Care After Malpractice?
Your claim or lawsuit could compel the liable party—whether that is the entire clinic or just an individual provider—to pay for everything the accident has cost you, including:
- Loss of income if you lost your job or cannot earn enough to maintain your family’s standard of living
- Medical expenses for the cost of treating the malpractice injury and/or the original condition that the urgent care provider failed to address
- Other expenses related to the injury, such as paying a babysitter to watch your kids while you receive treatment or the cost of retraining for a new career
- Pain and suffering, for the distress and trauma you yourself have gone through thanks to the urgent care clinic’s negligence
- Reduced quality of life, if you can no longer take care of yourself or your dependents the way you used to do, or if you have had to give up enjoyable activities (e.g., going on family trips)
- Loss of consortium, if your relationship with close relatives has suffered thanks to your injury or illness
Both you and your loved ones deserve fair compensation after a malpractice incident disrupts your lives. One of our Chestertown urgent care medical malpractice lawyers can pursue that compensation on your behalf.
Chestertown Urgent Care Medical Malpractice Attorney (410)777-8960
How Does Malpractice Occur at Urgent Care Clinics?
Medical malpractice is a very broad category that can include many different kinds of neglectful or thoughtless behavior. Below are some hypothetical examples that could qualify the victims for compensation:
- A provider misdiagnoses a patient’s breathing problem as a simple cold rather than tuberculosis. The provider therefore prescribes an inappropriate or ineffectual treatment that allows the TB to get worse.
- A patient comes into the urgent care center complaining of abdominal pains. The provider dismisses their concerns out of hand and does nothing to arrive at a firm diagnosis that would truly help the patient.
- A provider prescribes a certain medication to alleviate their patient’s symptoms. The medication is not compatible with other medicines the patient is already taking. The provider fails to notice this or to warn the patient of the potential consequences of taking this medication.
It is important to note that, to have a successful malpractice case, you must prove that someone at the urgent care center did something wrong, like in the examples provided above. If the provider is reasonably competent—say, if they prescribe the correct medication and warn the patient of possible side effects—then they are not legally liable for a negative outcome.
If you want to know more about the merits of your medical malpractice case, our attorneys would be happy to help. MD Accident Law exists to help regular people like you, not powerful organizations that think they can get away with treating patients poorly.
We Serve Medical Malpractice Clients in Chestertown
When you have suffered a medical malpractice injury, do not settle for anyone else: Adam M. Smallow has over a decade of experience that we can apply to your case. Call us today and let a member of our team explain what our Chestertown urgent care medical malpractice lawyer can do for you.