Your motorcycle accident could entitle you to compensatory damages. You can use this money in a number of ways, including to support your family if you are not able to work.
A motorcycle accident lawyer from our firm who serves Chestertown, Maryland, can help you file a claim against the liable party and fight for the compensation you deserve. Call us as soon as possible to start the process.
You Have the Right to Seek Compensation
To take advantage of your right to sue for damages, you must start your case within three years of your injury. This is the statute of limitations according to Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-101. For this reason, after seeking medical attention, getting legal help is the first thing you should do in the wake of a motorcycle accident.
In order to sue, you must figure out:
- Which types of injuries you suffered
- How many of those injuries are considered compensable under the law
- How much money each of your damages entitles you to
- Whether there are any state laws that affect your ability to collect damages
The more precise you can be when supplying this information, the better. Your motorcycle accident lawyer from our firm would be happy to go over your case, create a list of all of your damages, and determine what a fair settlement may be.
Your physical and psychological suffering could entitle you to non-economic damages. These include things like:
- Disfigurement, if your accident-related scars have impacted your physical appearance or abilities
- Disability, if your accident is responsible for your physical or intellectual disability or for making an existing disability worse
- Reduced quality of life, if you need help accomplishing everyday tasks of living (e.g., preparing meals) and can no longer live independently
- Loss of consortium, if your marriage has suffered in any way due to the accident
- Pain and suffering, if your physical or psychological health suffered in any way due to the accident
Your financial losses could entitle you to economic damages. These include things like:
- Loss of income, if you were temporarily unable to work because of your injuries
- Loss of employment, if you are permanently unable to work
- Medical bills, if your injuries required treatment or will require treatment in the future
- Repair bills, if your motorcycle was damaged badly enough that you had to get it fixed or replaced
Wrongful Death Damages
The statute of limitations for wrongful death lawsuits is the same as it is for personal injury suits: three years, as codified in Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 3-904.
If you lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, our firm is deeply sorry for your loss. You may be eligible for other non-economic and economic damages in addition to those listed above. We offer more information on how we can help in a complimentary consultation.
For legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents attorney in Chestertown, call (410)886-6215
Our Team Wants to Represent You
Our clients know that the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow is dedicated to providing professional, responsive service. One of them described us as “credible, honest, extremely hard-working, and knowledgeable.” We strive to make every client’s legal experience as smooth as possible by:
- Being available: You can either call or email us with questions, or you can get in touch via text message 24/7.
- Identifying the liable party: Is the other driver the sole liable party, or does another party share responsibility for your accident? We can investigate and find out.
- Quantifying your damages: It is not always easy to put a “price” on physical pain and psychological distress. Let us figure out how much compensation you should ask for.
- Handling all paperwork: This includes sending out forms and notifications and requesting documentary evidence, like police reports.
- Pursuing compensation: If we can negotiate with the insurance company for a satisfactory settlement, we will do so. However, we are not afraid to go to court if that is the only way to get you your money.
- Making sure you get medical help: In addition to our legal services, we can help you get the medical care you need. The doctors we recommend to our clients are the same doctors we would recommend to friends and family.
- Working for a contingency fee: You owe us no attorney’s fees until you recover compensation for your injuries. If we cannot recover compensation for you, then you do not have to pay us.
Chestertown Motorcycle Accident Attorney (410)886-6215
We Can Look for Evidence to Strengthen Your Case
Our primary job is to prove to the insurance company or a jury that the liable party is responsible for your injuries and therefore owes you damages. We can do this by collecting evidence from a variety of credible sources. Depending on the specifics of your accident, those sources could include:
- Police report: We can request a copy of the official accident report, which will provide crucial data pertaining to the crash.
- Medical records: These documents can show that your injuries were the result of the accident and that you needed treatment for those injuries.
- Witness testimony: This may include statements both from eyewitnesses, who actually saw the accident happen, and from expert witnesses, who can speak to your inability to work or the recklessness of the liable party’s actions.
- Video footage: This could include security video, photos or recordings taken by witnesses, or photos or recordings taken by you.
If you have or know about evidence that may help your case, please let us know. Otherwise, searching for evidence is our job. As with all other aspects of your case, you can leave it to us and focus on recovering from your accident.
Call for a Free Case Assessment Today
If you are looking to hire a motorcycle accident lawyer who serves Chestertown, the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow can help. Get started by calling our office at (410) 877-6021 for a free case review. Members of our team are standing by to speak with you all day, every day.