If you or a loved one were injured in a truck accident, the at-fault driver or their employer could be responsible for covering your expenses. When our law firm represents you, we can determine who was at fault for the collision and create a personal injury plan to help you seek compensation. First, our personal injury attorney in Chestertown, MD can conduct a thorough investigation into the cause of the accident. In fact, our entire team at the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow will work to build your case file and assign an accurate monetary value to your injuries and their expenses. Then we will fight for you during the negotiation process and organize and present your evidence in court, if necessary.
We Fight Hard for Victims of Truck Accidents
Our team’s deep knowledge of personal injury and insurance law means that we know how to guide you through the legal process. To ensure that you understand every step of the journey toward compensation, we provide detailed explanations of your case. We also make sure that you can reach us at any time by phone, email, or text.
Our team can manage all the details of your case, including
- Ordering your police report
- Handling the insurance company on your behalf
- Recommending highly-qualified health care providers
- Keeping you informed about your case and its progress
- Identifying any expert consultants your case may require
The medical professionals we recommend for you are the same ones that we trust with our own team members, family members, and friends. We understand how a truck accident can impact you and your family, so we take the hard work off your plate. While you focus on getting better, we focus on building your case for financial recovery.
Identifying the Cause of the Collision
To prove what caused the truck accident you were in, we request the official accident report immediately. This report tells us important information, including the investigative officer’s notes and observations and how to contact witnesses, the at-fault truck driver, their employer, and their insurer. Additional evidence we may collect to help you fight for compensation includes:
- Medical records
- Written medical prognosis
- Employment history
- Injury photos
- Accident scene photos
- Witness statements
By proving the cause of the accident, we can simultaneously prove your right to financial compensation. Our team never stops fighting for you because we understand how monetary compensation can help in all phases of your recovery. Fair compensation can ensure that you get the medical care you need and help you and your family start over once your recovery is complete.
Our Team Is Committed to Your Case
Your truck accident case is a priority to our entire team – so is your overall recovery. We strive to make sure you have a positive experience working with our law firm. Here’s what some of our previous clients have to say:
- “Mr. Smallow was the clear choice… I benefited from this choice by retaining a responsive and knowledgeable attorney…I would recommend Mr. Smallow and should I need counsel in the future, his office will be my first phone call.” – Jason
- “Adam Smallow is great and knows how to fight for the outcome you want and won’t stop until he has succeeded. Adam Smallow was great at making me feel very important and he treated my case with the utmost professionalism.” – Frank
- “Amazingly, Adam was able to work with the doctors, hospital, rehabilitation center and insurance companies to greatly reduce my medical fees and to maximize the insurance payments beyond my wildest dreams…We can’t say enough good things about Adam.” – John
We are proud to provide outstanding legal service that leads to reviews like these. When you choose the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow to represent you, you get the compassionate support and guidance you deserve.
For legal consultation with a truck accident attorney in Chestertown, call (410)777-8960
Understand the Value of Your Financial Compensation
The financial burden of a truck accident can include immediate and long-term medical care, physical and emotional therapy, and rehabilitation. It can also include a plethora of additional expenses and losses.
When we assign a value to your case, we will consider the following types of recoverable damages:
- Medical care throughout your recovery
- Lost wages until you can return to work
- Repair or replacement of your vehicle
- Immediate and ongoing pain and suffering
- Compensation for a loved one’s wrongful death
Our truck accident attorney representing injured clients in Chestertown, MD can use the bills and receipts that accompany your economic damages to help determine their value. We can also use your written prognosis and any psychological assessments to help determine the value of your non-economic damages.
Comply with Maryland’s Statute of Limitations
Failing to comply with the filing deadline in your case can put your right to financial compensation at risk. If you file your lawsuit too late, the at-fault party will simply request its immediate dismissal – a request that is likely to be granted. In most cases, you will not be allowed to file your lawsuit after the deadline passes.
In the state of Maryland:
- The personal injury statute of limitations is generally three years from the date of the accident, according to Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-101
- The wrongful death statute of limitations is generally three years from the date of your loved one’s death, according to Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 3-904
If the injured party’s age or any other factors change the filing deadline, our team will let you know how your case will be impacted. When we get involved in your case as early as possible, this also gives us ample time to investigate the accident and build your case file before time runs out.
Chestertown Truck Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
Review Your Case with Our Truck Accident Recovery Team
If a truck accident injured you or someone you love in Chestertown, MD, our truck accident attorney can help you seek monetary compensation you deserve. To begin building your case, call the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow at (410) 777-8960 today for your free consultation.