Owning a boat was expensive enough. First you had docking fees. Then you had maintenance costs. Now, after suffering injuries in an accident, you have never-ending medical bills. On top of hiring a lawyer, you may worry about making ends meet.
Adam Smallow Injury Lawyers allows you to put your worries aside. Not only can our Chestertown personal injury lawyers recover compensation for your boating accident, but we also work on contingency. Here, you won’t pay anything to retain a lawyer from our firm. Our fees come from your awarded settlement.
We offer free, no-obligation case reviews where you can meet our team, explore your options, and get answers to your questions.
Our Injury Lawyers Stop at Nothing When Seeking Fair Compensation
Building a compelling boating accident case is time-consuming. It’s not just about gathering some photos of the accident and submitting them to the insurer; your case must prove negligence, meaning that because another party didn’t act with reasonable caution, you were injured and have losses.
You get more than an attorney with our Chesterfield boating accident team; you get peace of mind during a challenging period. When you entrust us with your case, we:
- Recommend the same highly qualified medical providers that treat our own team members and family
- Provide continuing availability via telephone, email, and a unique text number for 24/7 text communication
- Assess the monetary value of your injuries and related expenses
- Identify the at-fault party and the negligence that caused the accident
- Interview boat passengers, dock workers and occupants, and anyone else who witnessed the accident
- Recover photos and footage from smartphones and surveillance cameras
- Provide ongoing updates on the progress of your case so you are not left wondering about its timeline or outcome
Our boating accident attorney will negotiate a favorable monetary settlement with the insurance company. If one cannot be reached, we will represent you in court and keep fighting for compensation.
You Don’t Pay a Penny Out of Pocket for Our Lawyers’ Support
As noted, Adam Smallow Injury Lawyers works on a contingency-fee basis. This arrangement allows you to hire a lawyer without dipping into your savings. Here’s an outline of how this works:
- We review your case during your free initial consultation. We listen to the facts of your situation, along with what damages you want to recover from the negligent party.
- Your lawyer outlines your contingency-fee agreement in writing, so you’ll know what to expect. Here, we share that a percentage of your settlement will pay for our help, and you learn about this percentage from the very beginning.
- From there, we build and manage your case’s many obligations, from evidence collection to cross-examinations. If we compel damages from the other party, we get the money, deduct our attorney’s fees, and cut you a check. If not, don’t worry; you don’t pay for our services.
Our boating accident lawyers believe that this arrangement makes affording an attorney easy. You shouldn’t have to take a second job or make financial sacrifices to retain our help. All you should focus on is healing.
Our Personal Injury Attorneys Document the Cause of Your Boating Accident
Our personal injury lawyers must prove various aspects of your Chestertown boating accident to recover damages. This requires us to gather supporting evidence, some of which may include:
- Any accident reports/police reports
- Dock records
- Photos of your injuries
- Accident scene photos
- Witness statements
- First responder reports
- Data from accident reconstruction specialists
We are committed to advocating for our friends and neighbors in Chestertown. When you entrust your case to our boating accident attorneys, we channel our years of experience and passion for justice into your case’s outcome.
For legal consultation with a boating accident attorney in Chestertown, call (410)777-8960
Compensation Our Lawyers Demand for Chestertown Boating Accident Victims
After a boat collision, you can request economic and non-economic damages from the person whose negligence caused the accident. Economic damages refer to your financial losses, while non-economic damages refer to your intangible hardships, such as pain and suffering.
Whether through insurance negotiations or a lawsuit, your lawyer will seek financial compensation that accounts for your:
- Past and future medical care costs
- Assistive medical devices
- Treatment-related travel costs
- Past and future lost wages
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Property damage or destruction
- Diminished property value
- Impairment or disfigurement
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional trauma
- Diminished quality of life
Our Chestertown wrongful death lawyers advocate for families who have lost loved ones. If you lost a loved one, we can demand damages for their funeral, burial, or cremation expenses. Your family can also recover compensation for the loss of your loved one’s financial and familial support, along with loss of consortium and companionship.
Avoid a Potentially Costly Delay in Seeking Financial Compensation
Your Chestertown boating accident case must be filed in compliance with Maryland’s statute of limitations. Accordingly:
- The personal injury statute of limitations is generally three years, according to Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-101
- The wrongful death statute of limitations is generally three years, according to Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 3-904
An expired statute of limitations could prevent you from filing a lawsuit. It could also lead to its immediate dismissal. Our legal team works hard to accurately define and comply with the filing deadline, preserving your right to compensation. Yet, we must learn about your case before we can set it in motion. Delaying the legal process benefits no one––except the at-fault party and their insurer.
Chestertown Boating Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
Previous Clients Share Their Experience With Our Personal Injury Law Firm
When they talk about our dedication to their cases, our previous personal injury clients leave online reviews like the following:
- Connie H.: Mr. Adam Smallow represented me in an accident case … He is a great attorney and kept me abreast of what was going on with my case … He is also very honest, pleasant and well prepared … I highly recommend the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow.
- Dana: Adam Smallow provides exceptional legal work with prompt, personal service. Mr. Smallow is credible, honest, extremely hard-working, and knowledgeable. I highly recommend anyone in the Baltimore, MD area to use his firm!
Browse our testimonials page. It is packed with additional reviews that allow you to hear from previous clients in their own words.
Start Your Initial Consultation With Our Boating Accident Attorneys Now
If you or a loved one was injured in a boating accident, a Chestertown boating accident lawyer will investigate your case and demand compensation from the at-fault party. At Adam Smallow Injury Lawyers, we build the strongest possible case for you. Begin your free case review with our team now.