If you were injured while working, you may be eligible for compensation for your injuries and for the income lost while recovering from them. A workers’ compensation attorney in Aberdeen, MD, with the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow, will help you prove the cause of your injuries, guide you through the complex system of obtaining benefits, and handle the case-related insurance and legal forms and paperwork involved in filing your case.
During a free initial consultation, we will explain your rights and responsibilities, as well as your employer’s obligation to maintain insurance and compensate you. Your financial recovery could include medical expenses, income loss, and death benefits, if applicable. We can also help you prove the workplace negligence that led to your injuries, explain how to seek recovery from your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance, and assign an accurate value to your case.
Understanding the Benefits Available in an Aberdeen, MD, Workers’ Compensation Case
Navigating the workers’ compensation system can be challenging and frustrating. This frustration can worsen when your injuries or illness are taking a physical and financial toll on you and your family. Per information from The People’s Law Library of Maryland, your compensation could include:
- Injury or illness-related medical bills
- Temporary coverage of lost wages
- Permanent replacement of lost wages
- Funeral and burial expenses, if applicable
Our team will help you define your injuries, prove their severity, and calculate the compensation you deserve. When we handle your workers’ compensation case, we seek to help you avoid economic hardship during the time your injuries prevent you from working. We also work hard to ensure you get the compensation that meets your needs and have the opportunity to financially support yourself and your family throughout your recovery.
Understanding Your Maryland Employer’s Responsibility
In most cases, your employer is required to carry worker’s compensation insurance if it has more than one employee. In addition, they are responsible for providing you with as safe a work environment as possible. According to Md. Lab. & Emp. Code § 5–102, your employer is also responsible for:
- Ensuring occupational health and safety standards are met
- Providing sufficient training on workplace safety standards
- Developing and implementing safe conditions in the workplace
- Identifying correlations between employee illness and the work environment
If failure to implement these guidelines led to your workplace injury or illness, we can help. Our team will investigate the cause of your employment-related disabling condition to prove you are eligible for medical benefits and financial compensation and help you file your application for relief.
Our Team will Help You Build a Compelling Case File
To qualify for benefits, you need to establish the cause and result of your injuries. Building a case file that tells the story of the cause and effect of your injuries can help you get the appropriate medical treatment and monetary recovery. To ensure your case file is complete — particularly if we are appealing a denied case — our team compiles the following:
- Medical bills
- Injury photos
- Medical records
- Written prognosis
- Witness statements
- Employment records
In addition to building your case file, we help you obtain court and hearing transcripts, if necessary. Additionally, if your case requires obtaining accident or incident reports, we order those on your behalf whenever possible. We obtain as much of the information your case needs as we can because our goal is to build your case and fight on your behalf so you can focus on your physical recovery.
For legal consultation with a workers' compensation attorney in Aberdeen, call (410)777-8960
Work with Our Maryland Workers’ Compensation Attorney Near You
If you were hurt at work or someone you love was seriously or fatally injured, our workers’ compensation team can help you obtain the benefits you and your family need. We listen to the details and work hard to build a strong case for you. Our client support team will:
- Clarify your eligibility for worker’s compensation benefits
- Handle all case-related communications and details
- Explain the complexities of the benefits system
- Negotiate a lump-sum financial settlement where applicable
You do not have to fight for compensation on your own. Our workers’ compensation attorney serving injured employees will also represent you during the appeals process if your initial application was denied. If you were injured in Aberdeen, MD, our MD Accident Law team can help you get the medical and financial benefits you are due.
See what Clients who Trust Our Law Firm Say
Our team never stops fighting for Maryland’s injured employees or for fair compensation. We work hard to make sure your case gets the time and consideration it deserves and to keep you updated and informed as your case progresses. Previous clients say:
- “I highly recommend the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow. Mr. Smallow is hard working and committed to supporting his clients…He is easy to talk to and eager to help. Feel free to contact him with any questions!” — Stephanie
- “Adam M. Smallow is great and knows how to fight for the outcome you want and won’t stop until he has succeeded. Adam Smallow was great at making me feel very important and he treated my case with the utmost professionalism.” — Frank J.
- “Instead of being weighed down with a lifetime of serious debt, my wife and I walked out of Adam’s office with all bills paid and a large settlement check in our hands and big smile on our faces. We can’t say enough good things about Adam.” — John N.
You can read additional testimonials from satisfied clients on our reviews page. You are never alone when our team is on your side. When we handle your case, we keep the lines of communication open between us with phone, email, and text contact. We even supply clients with a unique text number for 24-hour communication.
Aberdeen Workers' Compensation Attorney (410)777-8960
Get Help with Applying for Worker’s Compensation in Maryland After a Job-Related Accident
If you qualify for workers’ compensation due to work-related injuries, our attorney serving clients in Aberdeen, MD, can help you get financial relief.
Explore your options for filing for benefits or appealing a denial when you contact one of our team members at the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow. Call (410) 777-8960 today.