If you or someone you love was injured in a recent hit-and-run accident, you do not have to give up hope of being compensated just because the other driver fled the scene. Uninsured motorist coverage is mandatory across the state. Even if we cannot find the at-fault driver, our car accident lawyer serving Aberdeen at Adam Smallow Injury Lawyers can still help you get compensation from your own insurance policy.
Preparing a personal injury case after a hit-and-run accident is hard work. Leave it to us. We will fight for fair and appropriate compensation for you while you focus on your physical and psychological recovery. Our Aberdeen hit-and-run accident lawyer will never stop advocating for you.
The Advantages of Hiring Our Hit-and-Run Accident Lawyer
Building an effective case and investigating a hit-and-run driver is time-consuming and complex. When we take on your case, we will:
- Obtain and review your police report
- Review your medical records and bills
- Locate and interview lay witnesses
- Update you as your case progresses
- Assess the potential value of your damages
- Complete insurance and court filing forms
Our personal injury lawyers will build the strongest possible case file and never stop fighting for the compensation you need and deserve.
A Solid Evidence File Can Uncover the Hit-An-Run Driver’s Identity
The police report is a primary piece of evidence in your car accident case. We will obtain your police report—we do not ask you to collect any evidence—and this additional evidence to substantiate your case:
- Medical records
- Written prognosis
- Proof of income
- Injury photos
- Accident scene photos
- Accident reconstruction
- Witness statements
Your police report is particularly important in your hit-and-run case because it can contain evidence that might help locate the driver who fled.
For legal consultation with a hit-and-run accident attorney in Aberdeen, call (410)777-8960
Compensation You Can Pursue After a Hit and Run Accident in Aberdeen, MD
Economic damages we can seek include past, present, and future medical bills and loss of income. It also includes property damage or destruction and diminished property value. These tangible expenses are easy to document with receipts and estimates.
You can also recover the following non-economic damages:
- Disability and disfigurement
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional anguish
- Diminished quality of life
Wrongful death damages after a fatal car accident can include the costs of your loved one’s funeral and burial. We also demand compensation for the loss of your loved one’s financial and familial contributions.
Aberdeen Hit-and-Run Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
The Risk-Free Benefits of Our No-Fee Guarantee
At Adam Smallow Injury Lawyers, our hit-and-run accident lawyer serving Aberdeen will accept your case on a contingency fee basis. Here is what that means for you:
- You pay nothing out of your own pocket
- We pay all the expenses associated with your case
- We receive no compensation until we obtain it for you
There is no risk involved in hiring our law firm. If you do not receive a financial award at the end of your case, you will owe us no legal fees at all.
How Filing Deadlines Affect Your Aberdeen Hit and Run Accident Lawsuit
Whether we identify the hit-and-run driver or demand compensation from your insurance company, we work hard to resolve your case without going to court. To protect your ability to go to court if a settlement is not forthcoming, we can file your lawsuit according to Maryland’s following filing deadlines:
- According to Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-101, you generally have three years from the date of the accident to meet the personal injury statute of limitations.
- According to Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 3-904, you generally have three years from the date of a loved one’s demise to meet the wrongful death statute of limitations.
If your lawsuit is not filed within the allotted time, you may not be permitted to file it at all. With sufficient notice from you, we work hard to comply with the appropriate filing deadline. We also explore any circumstances that might toll, or change, the applicable date.
Our Client-Focused Team is Here When You Need Us
At Adam Smallow Injury Lawyers, we know how important it is to reach your lawyer and receive timely updates on your case. We provide you with phone and email contact as well as a unique text number for 24/7 communication via messaging. Our service hallmarks include:
- Over ten years of experience
- Free initial consultation
- No-fee guarantee
- Dedication to client care and satisfaction
We are a client-oriented law firm because we care deeply about every client we represent. We even help with your physical recovery after an accident by recommending the same highly qualified healthcare providers we send our staff and families to for medical care.
See Why Previous Clients Refer Others to Adam Smallow Injury Lawyers
Testimonials on our reviews page attest to our commitment to outstanding client service and support. They read:
- Dana: “Adam Smallow provides exceptional legal work with prompt, personal service. Mr. Smallow is credible, honest, extremely hard-working, and knowledgeable. I highly recommend anyone in the Baltimore, MD area to use his firm!”
- Stephanie: “I highly recommend the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow. Mr. Smallow is hard-working and committed to supporting his clients. He is very well-connected in the Baltimore community and with other lawyers. He is easy to talk to and eager to help.”
We take a client-focused approach to personal injury law, meaning we treat you like a person, not a case file by providing individualized, responsive legal care and support.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Now for Your Free Initial Consultation
A hit-and-run accident does not have to leave you with no way to cover the costs of the collision. Our Aberdeen hit-and-run accident lawyer will investigate and may be able to identify the at-fault driver. We will also explain how to get compensation from your own insurer.
Start exploring your compensation options when the other driver flees by contacting our consultation team at Adam Smallow Injury Lawyers today.