Were you recently injured in a slip and fall accident? If you believe that someone else is at fault, you could qualify for compensation. Property owners in Aberdeen, MD, have a legal responsibility to keep customers and individuals safe from harm. You could file a personal injury lawsuit to recoup your losses.
Our team at the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow is here to help. An Aberdeen personal injury lawyer can fight for your rights and compensation.
Why Hire an Aberdeen, MD, Slip and Fall Lawyer?
Slip and fall accident cases are usually settled in one of two ways:
- A lawsuit
- An insurance claim
The law in Aberdeen, MD, doesn’t require you to hire a lawyer if you’re pursuing a claim or lawsuit. However, going it alone may prove difficult. Legal matters are complicated, and a simple mistake could cost you your case. By hiring a lawyer from our firm, you don’t just obtain legal representation; we provide legal guidance and service, too.
When you hire a lawyer, your goal likely is to receive compensation for your injuries. At the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow, we’re committed to fighting for a settlement. However, we also care about your recovery and providing a seamless legal experience. While we pursue compensation, we can also provide you with these supporting services:
- Helping you secure medical treatment: We can draw on our network of medical providers to find you a doctor. We trust our medical partners and would use them ourselves if needed.
- Accessibility is key: When faced with a slip and fall accident case, victims often find themselves confused and worried. We provide our clients with a unique 24/7 helpline that allows us to provide prompt answers to your burning questions. We’re here to alleviate your stress.
- Weighing your options: Slip and fall accident cases frequently involve choices. Do you file a lawsuit? Do you contact insurers? What do I do next? We’ll make sure that you know the pros and cons of every option.
Whether your case involves a claim or lawsuit, we’re here to protect your rights. In the pursuit of compensation, we can:
- Gather evidence and build your case
- Communicate with involved parties, like insurers or those responsible for your injuries
- Deal with all paperwork associated with your case
- Provide you with legal advice
- Keep you updated on your case
- Fight aggressively for fair compensation
- File a lawsuit – we’re not afraid of going to court if needed
The Cost of a Slip and Fall Lawyer
Slip and fall accidents can be expensive, even with health insurance. To maintain the accessibility of our legal services, we work on a contingency fee basis. This means that:
- We require no upfront fees
- We won’t charge you if we don’t secure a settlement
- Working with our team is risk-free
For legal consultation with a slip and fall accident attorney in Aberdeen, call (410)777-8960
Slip and Fall Accident Damages
Damages in a slip and fall accident case refer to the types of compensation a victim can receive. They include economic damages, which cover your financial losses, and noneconomic damages, which account for the emotional toll of your accident. Together, the damages you could receive compensation for include:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Lowered earning capacity
- Property damage
- Loss of consortium (if you lost a loved one)
How Much Will I Receive?
Every slip and fall accident case is different. The amount you may receive can depend on a variety of factors, including:
- The severity of your injuries
- The liable party involved in your case
- The outcome of a claim or lawsuit
- The preparedness of the legal team you choose
During a free initial consultation, we can discuss your case expectations and advise you on fair settlement outcomes. If you receive an unfair settlement offer, our team is prepared to aggressively negotiate on your behalf.
Aberdeen Slip and Fall Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
What Causes a Slip and Fall Accident?
Common causes of slip and fall accidents include:
- Slippery floors
- Icy walkways
- Falling signage
- Poorly maintained walkways
- Spills that haven’t been cleaned up
Businesses and private property owners have a responsibility to keep their premises safe. If they failed to uphold this responsibility, they could be liable for your injuries.
Types of Slip and Fall Injuries
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) report that slip and fall accidents usually cause:
- Hand and wrist injuries
- Hip injuries
- Broken bones
- Head injuries, like a traumatic brain injury (TBI)
Who Can I Sue?
Slip and fall cases involve personal injury law. In this legal category, you must prove that someone else’s negligence caused your injury if you hope to receive compensation. The term “liable party” refers to whoever caused your injuries.
Establishing negligence involves proving the following qualifiers:
- That the liable party owed you a duty of care: Property owners typically have a responsibility to ensure that their premises are safe for use. This responsibility is called a duty of care.
- That the liable party didn’t uphold this duty: You or your lawyer needs to establish that the liable party breached their duty of care. In a slip and fall case, examples could include failing to remove ice from a walkway or not properly marking a slippery floor.
- That you suffered an injury: Medical records and other types of evidence can be used to show that you were injured.
- That your injuries were connected to the liable party’s actions: Finally, there needs to be a clear link between your injuries and the negligent behavior of the liable party.
An Aberdeen, MD, slip and fall accident lawyer from our firm can manage this portion of your case by gathering evidence and determining who’s responsible for your injuries. Common liable parties in a slip and fall accident case include:
- A bar
- A restaurant
- A grocery store
- A landowner
- A property management company
Keep in mind that a party not listed here may have caused your injury. As noted before, every slip and fall case is unique.
You Have Limited Time to File a Slip and Fall Lawsuit
In Aberdeen, MD, you have three years to file a slip and fall lawsuit, per Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-101. We advise against running the clock down on your case. While not every slip and fall case involves legal action, it’s best to keep your options open. Getting a head start confers other benefits, too, including:
- Provides your or legal team ample time to gather evidence
- Ensures the events of your accident are fresh in witnesses’ minds
- Could result in you receiving a compensation sooner
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Work With a Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
Our team is currently accepting slip and fall accident cases in Aberdeen, MD. We’re proud to represent those in need and will exhaust every option as we fight for your compensation. Call us for a free initial consultation today.