You’re not alone after losing a loved one in a fatal car accident. Our legal team is here to lend a helping hand during this difficult time in your life. The Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow provides comprehensive legal services to grieving families in Harford County.
An Aberdeen fatal car accident lawyer from our team will manage everything your case requires. Now’s the time to spend time with your loved ones––not juggle complex legal matters. We’re ready to start supporting you today, and we offer free case reviews where you can share your story.
We Encourage You To Promptly Consider Your Legal Options
While we don’t want to pressure you into seeking legal aid, you should know your case comes with a filing deadline. Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 3-904 explains that you usually have three years to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
Your filing deadline begins from the date your loved one passed away. It’s crucial to file your case within this period. Otherwise, you could lose the right to seek damages through litigation. The sooner our team learns about your case, the sooner we can start advocating for you.
For legal consultation with a fatal car accident attorney in Aberdeen, call (410)777-8960
Recoverable Damages in Your Aberdeen Fatal Car Accident Case
We’re ready to use our years of experience and wealth of legal resources to seek:
- Loss of companionship and support
- Loss of comfort and protection
- Loss of guidance, counsel, and advice
- Loss of parental care, filial care, or marital care
- Emotional pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of the decedent’s financial contributions
- Medical expenses
- Funeral and burial expenses
You may seek other losses than those listed here, depending on your situation.
Aberdeen Fatal Car Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
We Will Pursue Damages from the Liable Party
We must determine who caused your loved one’s passing to pursue compensation. Sometimes, car accident cases have multiple at-fault parties. For instance, if a speeding motorist collided with your loved one because their brakes failed, you could sue both the driver and their vehicle’s manufacturer.
Previously, in fatal car accident cases, we’ve secured compensation from:
- Negligent drivers
- Auto parts manufacturers
- Motor vehicle parts designers
- Car parts distributors and suppliers
- Maintenance technicians
- Government officials
- Government agencies
- Motor vehicle dealerships
- Safety inspectors
- Other third parties
Click to contact our Aberdeen Car Accident Attorneys today
ou Have These Legal Options Following Your Loved One’s Passing
We will attempt to resolve your case by:
Filing an Insurance Claim
The Maryland Department of Transportation notes that every motorist in the state must carry liability insurance. By filing a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance company, you could recover certain types of damages.
Yet, resolving an insurance claim can get complicated––especially if the insurance company isn’t interested in settling your case. If negotiations come to a standstill (or the insurer repeatedly offers less than you’re owed), we can file a lawsuit in civil court.
Filing a Lawsuit
To file a successful wrongful death lawsuit, your legal team will:
- Take depositions from the involved parties
- Consult with accident reconstruction specialists and other experts
- Present your case’s evidence
- Prove how the other party acted negligently
- Establish the cost and scope of your losses
- Advocate for what you need
- Manage communications with the other party’s legal team
As mentioned, we will also file your lawsuit within the statute of limitations. In doing so, we preserve your right to seek compensation through Maryland’s court system.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Who Can File a Fatal Car Accident Case in Aberdeen?
Under Maryland law, these individuals can file a wrongful death claim:
- The decedent’s children
- The decedent’s spouse
- The decedent’s parents
- Anyone related to the decedent by blood or marriage (if they didn’t have a surviving child, spouse, or parent)
- Anyone who substantially relied on the decedent for financial support
If you are unsure whether you can file a wrongful death lawsuit, our team in Aberdeen is ready to explore your legal options.
We Will Determine the Cause of Your Loved One’s Collision in Harford County
Car accidents can arise from countless acts of negligence. Figuring out what caused your loved one’s fatal car accident in Aberdeen will be essential if you hope to recover damages.
Through an investigation, we may find that one or more of the following factors caused your loved one’s accident:
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Driving over the speed limit
- Failure to yield to the right-of-way
- Failure to stop at a stop sign or traffic light
- Failure to use a turn signal
- Making illegal turns
- Following too closely
- Driving while fatigued
- Aggressive driving
- Inclement weather
- Defective or malfunctioning vehicle parts
- Dangerous road conditions
Our team will use the police report, traffic camera footage, and eyewitness testimony to establish how your accident happened.
Visit Our Car Accident FAQ Center
Our team understands you may have many questions in the aftermath of your loved one’s passing. That’s why we’ve compiled a library of questions we get from grieving families.
By visiting our FAQ page, you can get answers to:
- What is the average pain and suffering settlement from a car accident?
- How much will it cost to hire a car accident lawyer?
- What does a car accident lawyer do?
- What happens if the at-fault party doesn’t have insurance?
During your free case review, our team can answer questions about your specific situation, including what you can recover.
Contact a Car Accident Lawyer in Aberdeen Today
Pursuing a wrongful death case may be the furthest thing from your mind. Yet, with help from the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow, your family can demand justice.
Our firm is proud to offer no-cost, risk-free consultations to families dealing with fatal car accidents in Aberdeen and the surrounding cities. Take advantage of this opportunity when you call our office.
Call or text (410)777-8960 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form