If you or someone you love was injured in a pedestrian accident, our team will handle everything your case requires. Our goal is to obtain the best possible settlement for you.
At the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow, we will pursue your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other accident-related expenses. A Hyattsville pedestrian accident lawyer will attempt to resolve your case through a claim or lawsuit. We offer free case reviews.
We Offer Help on Contingency
Right now, you may ask yourself: “How much does it cost to hire a pedestrian accident lawyer?” While other firms charge hourly rates and retainers, we don’t. We represent injured people on a contingency-fee basis.
For you, this means you pay nothing out of pocket for our help. You only pay our attorney’s fees once we’ve successfully resolved your case. You also don’t have to pay for your case’s filing or consulting costs. We’ll finance those obligations for you.
For legal consultation with a pedestrian accident attorney in Hyattsville, call (410)777-8960
Our Pedestrian Accident Attorney Will Prove Negligence Caused Your Accident
After an accident, you can pursue damages from the negligent party. Yet, to do so, you must prove the at-fault party owed you a duty of care, breached their duty, caused your injuries, and caused your damages.
We will use evidence to prove negligence, as well as the toll the accident has had on your life. While we fight for compensation, you can reach us at any time via phone, email, or our text helpline.
We Make Sure You Get the Medical Support You Need
Our law firm provides comprehensive client support. We’ll do more than fight for the compensation you need; we’ll connect you to our network of medical professionals.
The health care providers we recommend are qualified medical professionals-–the very same ones we trust with our family. Our pedestrian accident lawyers offer the support you want throughout your legal journey.
Hyattsville Pedestrian Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
You Could Recover Past, Present, and Future Damages in Hyattsville
Compensation in your case could account for:
- Ongoing medical bills
- Ongoing income losses
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage or destruction
- Mental and emotional trauma
- Impairment and disfigurement
We also help surviving family members recover wrongful death-related damages, including:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of financial contributions
- Loss of household contributions
- Loss of consortium and society
Our team will assign a financial value to your case based on your specific expenses and losses. To prove them, we will gather copies of your medical bills, financial records, and receipts. We’ll also consider other aspects of your situation, including your injuries’ severity.
You Have a Limited Time To Pursue Damages via a Lawsuit
In Maryland, you have a limited time to file a lawsuit against the negligent party. Although your case is more likely to settle through insurance negotiations, our legal team wants to keep your options open.
Your right to take your case to court is governed by:
- Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-101 — The personal injury statute of limitations generally grants three years to file your lawsuit. Your filing period depends on the date of your accident or when you discovered your injuries.
- Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 3-904 — The wrongful death statute of limitations typically gives you a three-year period to file your wrongful death lawsuit. Your filing period begins from the date of your loved one’s passing––not from the date of their accident.
Failing to comply with the statute of limitations could put your case at risk of immediate dismissal. This could leave you with few options for recovering the damages you need.
Let Our Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Serving Hyattsville Fight for You
Pursuing compensation can be a time-consuming and complex process. When you trust our pedestrian accident team to represent you, we will:
- Obtain a copy of your police report
- Review the investigating officer’s notes
- Locate and interview accident witnesses
- Conduct our own comprehensive investigation
- Assess the monetary value of your injuries
- Negotiate with the at-fault driver’s insurer
- Take your case to court, if necessary
At the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow, we handle every detail of your compensation case so you can concentrate on your physical recovery.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Should I Do After My Pedestrian Accident in Hyattsville?
Even low-speed pedestrian accidents can result in grievous injuries. We encourage you to visit a healthcare provider if you haven’t already. Be sure to follow your treatment plan and keep all documents related to your medical care.
We also suggest leaving all insurance communications to your legal team. Giving a recorded statement or signing any paperwork could inadvertently jeopardize your case. Refer all communications from the liable insurer to us. We’re not kidding when we say that we’ll manage everything your case requires to reach a fair outcome.
Testimonials from Previous Clients
Our law firm is committed to supporting injured clients throughout the financial recovery process. Clients we represented in the past say the following:
- Chris Wehage: Could not have asked for a better result. Adam Smallow’s team took great care of me…I had the pleasure of working with Diane Cech she was a superstar in my case…Diane ultimately, got me the best result possible and made me a very happy client.
- Nolan Drafahl: Adam has been helping injury victims for more than a decade. He is smart, genuinely cares about his clients, and spends significant time and resources to ensure that his firm is staying on the cutting edge of technology and trial strategy — a recipe for achieving excellent results.
Our client reviews page contains additional testimonials that attest to our commitment to success. You can also check out our Google Reviews for more information.
Contact Our Pedestrian Accident Team Today
If you or someone you love in Hyattsville suffered harm as a pedestrian, our accident lawyer can seek compensation. We will review your case for free and represent you at no upfront or out-of-pocket cost.
Learn more by contacting the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow today.