After losing a loved one, you’re taking it one day at a time. Our legal team wants you to take all the time you need to celebrate your loved one’s life and focus on your well-being. In the meantime, we want to champion your legal rights.
If another party’s negligence caused your loved one’s passing, a Hyattsville wrongful death lawyer from our team can advocate for you. We will pursue financial recovery for your loved one’s funeral and medical bills, as well as your own personal pain and suffering. The Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow is here to pursue the best possible outcome.
Our Lawyers Serve Grieving Families on a Contingency-Fee Basis
We never charge grieving families up front for our help. Our law firm operates on a contingency-fee basis. Here, you can access legal aid at no out-of-pocket cost. We don’t ask anything for our services until your case reaches a fair resolution.
We also offer free case reviews where you can explore your options now. During our no-strings-attached discussion, we can talk about your loved one’s life, what you’re expecting from the legal process, and how we can best serve you.
For legal consultation with a wrongful death attorney in Hyattsville, call (410)777-8960
Consider Your Legal Options as Soon as Possible
Maryland, like many states, imposes a filing deadline on wrongful death lawsuits. Per Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 3-904, you generally have three years from the date of your loved one’s passing to file a lawsuit.
You must file your case within this period to preserve your right to legal action. If the statutory deadline expires, the courts will refuse to hear your case. This could leave you with few options for seeking financial recovery.
Our team will file your lawsuit on time and manage everything it requires. However, we must learn about your situation first to start advocating for you.
Hyattsville Wrongful Death Attorney (410)777-8960
Our Firm Will Handle Your Wrongful Death Case in Hyattsville
In service of your wrongful death case, the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow will:
- Identify those liable for your loved one’s passing: Determining liability is one of the earliest steps in a wrongful death claim. We will use the legal standard of negligence to identify each party who should compensate you.
- Calculate the cost of your damages: We will use supporting evidence to assert how much you deserve in compensation. This information can comprise your loved one’s medical records, employment statements, and other details.
- Gather evidence showing the defendant’s liability: Evidence can include witness testimony, photographs, video footage, and accident reconstruction data. Using the evidence we find, we’ll assert that because another party caused your loved one’s passing, you deserve compensation.
- Explore your settlement options: An insurance settlement may cover all of your losses. If we can negotiate a settlement, then you won’t have to file a lawsuit to seek compensation.
- Go to trial: When a defendant contests your case or refuses to provide fair compensation, we may go to trial. Though a trial is not generally necessary in civil cases, our firm is ready for any course that your case takes.
The Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow will uphold your rights throughout your wrongful death case. A lawyer from our team in Hyattsville will remain in contact with you as they fight for a fair financial recovery.
Click to contact our Hyattsville Personal Injury Attorneys today
Reasons To Hire the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow
Attorney Adam M. Smallow has handled many wrongful death claims, and this prior experience allows him to anticipate hurdles that could arise in your case. You may consider partnering with our firm because:
We Will Protect You Against Fault-Based Allegations
In many states, you may get compensation even if you’re partially at fault for an accident. This isn’t the case for residents of Hyattsville. Maryland is one of four states where being even 1% at fault for an accident can prevent you from seeking compensation.
This makes it critical to present the strongest possible wrongful death claim. We anticipate that the other party may try to blame your loved one for their fatal circumstances. Using evidence and facts, we will aim to prove that your loved one was not even 1% at fault for their passing.
Your Recoverable Damages May Be Significant
When you lose a loved one to negligence, you may deserve compensation for:
- The decedent’s lost earnings
- Lost companionship
- Lost parental guidance
- Pain and suffering
- Funeral expenses
- Other damages, such as life support and hospice
Our firm will provide a legal approach befitting your case. We want to recover everything you need to account for your past, present, and future injury-related expenses.
We Have Positive Reviews from Former Clients
Here are two reviews that show how former clients feel about our firm:
- “The professionalism and service I’ve received from Adam Smallow has exceeded my expectations. He is very bright, listens well, and answered all my questions. Adam has been personally involved and took care of everything that I requested, on the very same day. I’ve had experiences with other personal attorneys in the past, and Adam is without a doubt the best I’ve ever worked with. I highly recommend the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow and everyone on the staff.” – Joe, former client
- “Adam Smallow provides exceptional legal work with prompt, personal service. Mr. Smallow is credible, honest, extremely hard-working, and knowledgeable. I highly recommend anyone in Maryland to use his firm!” – Dana, former client
Don’t try to handle a wrongful death case alone. Let our firm fight for you.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow Today for a Free Consultation
Our team is always available to complete your free consultation. You can ask us questions about your case, and we’ll explain the benefits of partnering with our team in Hyattsville.
Call the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow today to get started.
Call or text (410)777-8960 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form