If you or a loved one was injured in a truck accident (or if a loved one was fatally injured), our Hyattsville truck accident lawyers are ready to help you. At the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow, we identify the liable party — or parties — and hold them accountable for their carelessness, recklessness, or negligence.
With our support and guidance, you can recover the costs of any medical care your injuries require and all income you lose when you cannot return to work. Leave evidence collection, communications, and settlement negotiations to our truck accident team. For more information contact our Hyattsville personal injury lawyer.
We Work on a Contingency-Fee Basis for Injured Claimants
It doesn’t cost you anything from your own finances to partner with our injury firm. That’s because we work on a contingency-fee basis. Our attorney’s fees are contingent on your case’s success.
You can learn more about this arrangement during your free case review. We can also address your other questions and concerns, including how long it could take to resolve your claim or lawsuit.
For legal consultation with a truck accident attorney in Hyattsville, call (410)777-8960
Our Truck Accident Team Will Assess Your Recoverable Damages
In Maryland, your right to file a personal injury lawsuit is generally limited to three years from the date of the accident, according to Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-101. If your family lost a loved one in a truck accident, the state generally limits you to three years from the date of their passing to file your wrongful death lawsuit, according to Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 3-904.
With sufficient notice from you, we make sure your case is filed before the allotted time runs out. From there, we will seek:
Economic Damages (Your Losses with Financial Values)
The economic damages you can collect after a truck accident are tangible, verifiable expenses. They typically have bills, receipts, estimates, and other documentation that prove their recoverable values.
Economic damages include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Loss of past and future wages
- Damaged or destroyed property
- Diminished property value
- In-home medical and domestic support
- Treatment-related travel expenses
- Wrongful death-related expenses, including funeral and burial fees
Our case assessment team will collect the documents that prove how much your economic losses are worth.
Non-Economic Damages (Your Losses Without Inherent Monetary Values)
The non-economic damages you can collect after a truck accident are subjective. Their monetary values can be difficult to prove because they don’t come with supporting documentation.
That being said, your non-economic damages have financial losses. Their values depend on your situation, and examples include:
- Past and future pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional trauma
- Disabilities and disfigurements
- Loss of enjoyment of life
This is not an exhaustive list of damages you can recover after your Maryland truck accident.
Hyattsville Truck Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
Our Team Will Prove You Did Not Contribute to the Truck Accident
You are entitled to compensation after a truck accident in Hyattsville if you can prove the at-fault party was negligent. Proving negligence is the crux of your personal injury case. It means proving the at-fault party:
- Owed you a duty of reasonable care
- Breached their responsibility to provide it
- Caused your collision and injuries
- Caused your financial damages
Proving these components is crucial to your case’s success. You don’t have to worry about establishing negligence on your own. Your truck accident team from the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow will manage that for you.
Trust Your Truck Accident Case to the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow
A personal injury insurance claim or lawsuit after a truck accident has a lot of moving parts. When you trust our truck accident team to handle your case, we take care of the details from start to finish.
To bolster and support your case, our truck accident lawyers serving clients in Hyattsville will:
- Order your police report, medical records, and employment and income records
- Recommend the highly qualified medical providers we send our family and staff to for care
- Collect evidence that identifies the negligent party (or parties) and holds them accountable
- Handle all case-related phone, email, and written communications
- Negotiate with the at-fault party to reach a favorable financial settlement
You don’t have to worry about requesting the accident report–we’ll handle that for you. You also don’t have to worry about being unable to contact your lawyer, either. You’ll be able to reach us at any time, either via phone call, text message, or email.
See Why Other Injured Clients Turned to Us for Legal Support
Our personal injury team is committed to providing outstanding service and support to every client we represent. When previous clients tell others about working with our team, they say:
- Lauree Tyler: If you are ever in need of an attorney due to personal injury…I’m telling you the law office of Adam Smallow is The BEST…Mr. Smallow and the entire staff are all organized, keep me up to date in the progress of my case…and actually CARE about their clients and their recovery.
- J. Harm: I highly recommend Adam to anyone looking for a personal injury attorney. He and his team are very knowledgeable and genuinely want to make the best decisions for their clients…If you have an injury, you’ll want this team in your corner!
Your fight for compensation is our fight, too. We work hard to ensure you get the best possible outcome for your case. We also make sure you have the time you need to focus on your physical recovery while we fight for your financial recovery.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Get Your No-Cost, No-Obligation Consultation Today
You do not have to fight on your own after a truck accident in Hyattsville. Our truck accident lawyer will collect evidence and build a strong case for financial compensation. Find out how hard we work for you by contacting one of our team members at the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow today.