A fatal truck accident could change the lives of you and your family members. Not only do you have to deal with the grief of losing a loved one, but you also have to cope with the aftermath of the accident. Soon after the accident, you could realize the financial impacts your loved one’s death could have on your life. You might have relied on them for financial support.
If you face these issues after your loved one passes away, a Hyattsville truck accident lawyer from Adam Smallow Injury Lawyers can advocate for you. Our legal team cares for each of our clients. We work tirelessly for anyone who trusts us to represent them throughout the legal process. For more information contact our Hyattsville personal injury lawyer.
Damages You Could Recover After a Fatal Truck Accident in Hyattsville
When your loved one dies in a fatal truck accident, you could recover damages as a surviving family member. Based on the circumstances of your case, you could seek compensation for various types of damages. Examples of losses you could potentially suffer after the death of a loved one include:
- Loss of your loved one’s financial contributions
- Mental anguish and emotional pain and suffering
- Loss of the decedent’s comfort and protection
- Loss of guidance and advice your loved one would have provided
Our truck accident lawyers can look through receipts and other documentation to determine your losses.
For legal consultation with a fatal truck accident attorney in Hyattsville, call (410)777-8960
The Fatal Truck Accident Attorneys at Our Firm Can Help You
At Adam Smallow Injury Lawyers, our Hyattsville fatal truck accident attorneys know the steps to take to seek compensation from the liable party. We can handle all of these steps, so you don’t have to. Once we start working on your case, we can handle tasks such as:
- Investigating the fatal crash: Our team must investigate the accident. We can investigate by reviewing the police report and any evidence collected on the scene. Our attorneys can speak to witnesses to get their points of view.
- Determining how the accident happened: Our investigation will focus heavily on what caused the accident. Was it a distracted driver? Or mechanical failure? We need to determine how the accident happened before taking the next steps in building your case.
- Finding the liable party: An important aspect of our investigation includes identifying the cause of the accident because that can lead us to identifying the liable party. Once we have solid evidence proving who caused the accident, we will know who to file the claim against.
- Identifying the damages you suffered: Although you might not have sustained injuries because of the accident, you still could have suffered damages because of your loved one’s death. We can identify those damages and calculate how much compensation to seek for them.
- Building a case: We can build a case using the evidence we collected from our investigation. Our case will have a strong emphasis on proving who caused the accident and proving you suffered damages because of your loved one’s death.
- Negotiating a settlement agreement: We can present our case to the liable party and begin negotiations. During negotiations, we can present evidence when necessary to prove you deserve the compensation our legal team seeks on your behalf.
You don’t have to take care of any legal issues when you hire us to take on your case. Because we have helped so many people in similar circumstances, we know what works and what doesn’t during negotiations.
How Our Attorneys Have Helped Past Clients
We have helped past clients recover fair compensation after fatal truck accidents. Because of the help we provided, our former clients have the following things to say:
- “Adam Smallow provides exceptional legal work with prompt, personal service. Mr. Smallow is credible, honest, extremely hard-working, and knowledgeable. I highly recommend anyone in the Baltimore, MD area to use his firm!” – Dana
- “Adam was extremely easy to get a hold of even before I was a client. He kept communication open and made sure I was aware of everything involved. He was even very flexible with a court date mishap on my part! Everything was dismissed because of Adam’s methods and professionalism, and I will and have already recommended the Smallow Law Offices to friends and colleagues.” – Carlo
- “It is critical that the lawyer is responsive and prompt. Adam is very responsive. He also achieves excellent results. I recommend him wholeheartedly.” – Jay
We want you to have a solid law firm backing you up when dealing with the death of a loved one. Adam Smallow Injury Lawyers can provide that for you.
Hyattsville Fatal Truck Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
You Have Three Years to Seek Compensation After a Fatal Truck Accident
Each state has a statute of limitations that explains how long you have to seek compensation from the liable party. Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 3-904 states you have three years to file your case. Once this time has passed, you may no longer have an opportunity to recover compensation.
We don’t want you to miss out on your opportunity to seek compensation. Therefore, you shouldn’t wait to contact our attorneys. Once you contact us, you can get the legal representation you need to move forward with a case.
What Leads to Fatal Truck Accidents in Hyattsville?
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports some of the common causes of truck accidents. Many common causes include:
- Driver inattention
- Alcohol use
- Driver fatigue
- Vision issues
- Following too closely
- Improper cargo loads
- Driving over the speed limit
Regardless of how the fatal truck accident that caused your loved one to pass away happened, you can still seek compensation. We can work with you and the liable party to reach a fair compensation agreement.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Reach Out to Us to Work With Our Hyattsville Fatal Truck Accident Attorney
To learn more about your legal options, contact our team today. You can speak to us during a free consultation. Our legal team has responsive communicators and a 24/7 open line of communication. When you need to speak to your attorney, you can rest assured that you will receive the legal guidance you need without waiting long.
When you need compassionate legal care, Adam Smallow Injury Lawyers is here for you.