Pedestrians in Linthicum Heights, Maryland, have as much right to use the roadways safely as anyone else. If someone violated your rights by behaving carelessly and causing a pedestrian accident, our lawyer can help protect you.
MD Accident Law wants to assign a Linthicum Heights personal injury lawyer to manage your case. We relentlessly pursue the damages our clients deserve so that the liable party does not get away with causing unnecessary suffering. To learn more, call us.
Helping Linthicum Heights Pedestrian Accident Survivors Is Our Job
Our law firm is committed to representing people like you, not big corporations or insurance companies. Our team would be happy to complete all legal tasks on your behalf, including but not limited to:
- Identifying the liable party or parties in your case. While this is often a careless driver, it is important to confirm or rule out other potential contributing factors, like a faulty car part, before you file a case.
- Quantifying your injuries. How much is your case worth? We can calculate a dollar amount that reflects your past, present, and likely future losses.
- Confronting the liable party. We can send out a demand letter asking for a settlement and meet personally with their insurer to negotiate a settlement.
- Going to court. Most cases do not get that far (insurers generally prefer to settle), but if yours does, you can depend on us to provide fierce courtroom representation.
- Completing administrative tasks. When you are injured and concerned about your family’s welfare, it can be even harder than usual to find the right forms and provide all the right information to the right people. We can keep things running smoothly by taking care of the paperwork for you.
Our Lawyers Support Pedestrian Accident Clients
In addition to handling all of the legal work associated with your case, our accident attorneys help to improve our clients’ well-being and give them the resources to start rebuilding after a devastating injury. We can:
- Help you find a high-quality doctor to treat your injuries
- Explain your rights and options under the law, and offer you our opinions on what course of action we think you should take
- Give you a dedicated phone number, for your use only, through which you can reach a member of our team at any time
- Bring a neutral, professional perspective to a highly emotional matter so that you can make informed decisions
When Should You Consult Our Linthicum Heights Pedestrian Accident Team?
Under Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-101, you must begin your case within three years of the pedestrian accident date. For that reason, it is in your best interest to get in touch with us as soon as possible.
After an accident, you should prioritize getting medical help. Once you are stable, you can start thinking about your legal options. That process can include calling MD Accident Law for a free case evaluation.
For legal consultation with a pedestrian accident attorney in Linthicum Heights, call (410)777-8960
Your Pedestrian Accident Could Entitle You to Damages
We realize that no amount of compensation can turn back the clock and undo the harm you suffered. That said, your family deserves financial help from whoever caused your accident. You can ask the at-fault party’s insurance company to pay for your:
- Medical expenses, including treatment you have already received and any necessary medical attention and treatment in the future, so your family does not have to worry about paying these future medical bills
- Property damage, especially if you lost something very valuable, like your cell phone
- Loss of income, including money you lost while staying home to recuperate and money that you cannot earn in the future due to long-term disabilities
- Pain and suffering, which refers to both the physical and psychological symptoms of your accident injuries
- Loss of consortium if your relationship with your close relatives has suffered or diminished in any way because of the collision
- Reduced quality of life, which may include being unable to take care of your dependents or to simply spend quality time with the people you love
How Will You Get Your Pedestrian Accident Settlement?
Personal injury settlements payout in one of two ways: as a structured settlement or a lump-sum payout. Each option has its pros and cons, so how do you know which is right for your family? Our Linthicum Heights pedestrian accident lawyer can help you figure that out.
Linthicum Heights Pedestrian Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
Laws Governing Pedestrian Behavior in Linthicum Heights
Maryland state law grants pedestrians certain rights and responsibilities. For example:
- Md. Trans. Code § 21-503 clarifies when pedestrians have the right of way and when they must yield the right of way to oncoming vehicles.
- Md. Trans. Code § 21-504 states that drivers must always be careful around pedestrians and try to give them sufficient warning, regardless of who has the right of way.
- Md. Trans. Code § 21-509 prohibits pedestrians from walking in certain areas, such as along controlled-access highways or highway ramps, except in an emergency situation.
These are not the only laws that could pertain to your case, but they do give you a sense of how everyone on the road has a legal duty to respect and protect each other.
What Do Maryland Pedestrian Laws Mean for Your Case?
When seeking compensation, you must show that the liable party violated your rights. You can do this by pointing out the laws that help promote pedestrian safety, as well as the laws that directly govern driver behavior (e.g., speed limits).
You will also want to show that your own actions were those of a responsible, law-abiding pedestrian. MD Accident Law can pull information from your testimony, witness statements, and even video footage to prove this.
Our Lawyers Pursue Justice After Linthicum Heights Pedestrian Accidents
After a traffic crash, you deserve the chance to recover peacefully without having to deal with legal matters and insurance companies. Call Adam M. Smallow to learn more about hiring our Linthicum Heights pedestrian accident lawyer today. We focus on your accident claim so you can focus on healing.