A motorcycle accident can have a devastating effect on you and your family. You might suffer painful injuries that prevent you from enjoying your life, going to work, and taking care of the people who rely on you. Our lawyer serving Linthicum Heights, Maryland, can make your life easier by fighting for fair compensation.
MD Accident Law can assign a Linthicum Heights personal injury lawyer to pursue legal action on your behalf. Call us so we can give you the time you need to focus on healing while we focus on recovering the money your family deserves.
When and How to Hire Our Linthicum Heights Motorcycle Crash Team
Under Maryland state law (Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-101), you generally have three years to weigh your legal options and take action in pursuit of compensation. To avoid feeling rushed or losing valuable evidence, we recommend that you get in touch with our Linthicum Heights motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible.
You should also prioritize medical attention after an accident, even if you suspect you only have minor injuries. Our personal injury attorneys can use your medical records to support your case for compensation.
What Do Our Linthicum Heights Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Do?
As personal injury lawyers, it is our job to help accident survivors seek appropriate compensation for their injuries. That means we are willing and able to handle all of the legal tasks associated with the client’s case, including but not limited to:
- Investigating your case and collecting evidence to prove the liable party should pay your damages
- Negotiating with the liable party’s insurance company and getting them to agree to pay a fair settlement
- Representing you in a trial if necessary
- Filling out and submitting all paperwork, such as demand letters and legal briefs
- Receiving and evaluating materials from other parties, including settlement offers and agreements
Our Motorcycle Accident Team Also Takes Care of Clients
After surviving an event as traumatizing as a motorcycle crash, you want a law firm that does more than just check legal tasks off a list. You deserve a team like the one at MD Accident Law, which looks after clients by:
- Giving each client their own personal phone number, which they can use to contact us at any time, night or day
- Finding the right doctor to treat their injuries and, if necessary, provide an expert opinion for their casefile
- Providing advice and frequent updates regarding their case so that they never have to worry about making decisions or communicating with others alone
For legal consultation with a motorcycle accident attorney in Linthicum Heights, call (410)777-8960
Seeking Motorcycle Accident Damages in Linthicum Heights
It can take a long time to get a settlement that meets your family’s needs, so why go to all the trouble? The money you receive from a motorcycle accident case can be of great help, especially when it comes to paying for:
- Medical expenses generated by your accident injuries
- Replacing or repairing your motorcycle
- Everyday expenses—including groceries, rent, and clothing—that you would otherwise have trouble affording due to your loss of income
Motorcycle Accidents and Non-economic Damages
The items listed above all fall under the heading of economic damages. Non-economic damages include the physical and mental pain that you have suffered because of the liable party’s negligence. You can seek compensation for non-economic damages like:
- Injury symptoms
- Scarring or disfigurement caused by the injuries or injury treatments (e.g., surgical scars)
- Mental health issues stemming from the traumatic nature of the collision
- Your inability to take care of yourself independently
- Your inability to engage in fun activities with friends or loved ones
- The negative effect your injuries have had on your relationship with close relatives
Linthicum Heights Motorcycle Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
Who Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Linthicum Heights, Maryland?
It is important to remember that every accident is unique. Many different parties can and do play a critical role in causing motorcycle accidents throughout the state. Before you can file a case, you will have to figure out:
- Who the liable party is in your case
- What specific act of negligence led to the crash
- If more than one party shares liability
Drivers and Linthicum Heights Motorcycle Crashes
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), many motorcycle accidents happen because car drivers forget to keep an eye out for motorcycles, which are much smaller and easier to miss than other vehicles.
The odds of a driver failing to spot a motorcycle may increase if the driver:
- Is using their cell phone or distracted in some other way
- Disobeys common traffic rules by following too closely or ignoring traffic signs
- Is somehow compromised, e.g., they are drunk or overtired
Faulty Vehicle Parts and Your Motorcycle Accident
Did human error cause your crash, or was there a mechanical component? For example:
- Did your bike malfunction at a critical moment?
- Did the driver that you hit try to swerve or slow down, only to be prevented by a flaw in their car?
- Did a safety feature in your bike fail, making your injuries worse than they had to be?
MD Accident Law can investigate and let you know if you should file a case against a product manufacturer. Call (410) 777-8960 so we can start working for you.
Local Governments Can Prevent Motorcycle Accidents
You may not immediately consider your local government as a potential party in your case, but consider this: government agencies are the ones responsible for keeping Linthicum Heights roadways safe. That means they have to:
- Clear all hazards, including grass clippings and foreign objects, from the street in a timely manner
- Fix all broken street signs or traffic lights
- Fill in cracks or potholes that pose a danger to drivers or pedestrians
If an unsafe environment contributed to your crash, we can help you pursue a case against the government agency responsible.
Let Our Lawyer Start on Your Linthicum Heights Motorcycle Crash Case Today
At Adam M. Smallow, we are committed to helping ordinary people, not big corporations or insurance companies. Our Linthicum Heights motorcycle accident lawyer can seek the compensation your family needs to support itself after a crash. We can start by offering a free case review. All you have to do is call us.