Truck accidents can leave survivors facing a long road to recovery or cause a devastating loss to families. You deserve fair compensation to help you access the medical care you need to recover. If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a Linthicum Heights truck accident, a lawyer from Adam M. Smallow can lead your case.
Financial Awards for a Linthicum Heights Truck Accident Victim
You may stand to recover compensation for more losses than you think. Your potential truck accident compensation depends on the specific circumstances in your case, such as the extent of your injuries.
Our Linthicum Heights truck accident attorneys can assess your accident-related losses and fight for fair compensation. We may seek the following damages:
- Current and future medical treatment expenses, such as rehabilitative services and physical therapy
- Awards for your physical pain and emotional suffering
- Lost income
- Reduced earning capacity
- Awards for disability, such as in-home aid and home modifications
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Property damage, such as vehicle repairs or replacement
Our legal team can compile your medical records, bills, and income statements to help make your case for compensation. We can also counter an insurance adjuster’s settlement offers if we believe they are inadequate.
For legal consultation with a truck accident attorney in Linthicum Heights, call (410)777-8960
Our Linthicum Heights Lawyers Can Help Your Family After a Fatal Auto Accident
If you lost a loved one due to a fatal truck accident, our wrongful death lawyers can help your family pursue justice. When we hold a liable party accountable, we can help you recover financial awards that can make it easier for your family in the absence of your loved one.
Our legal team can pursue awards for:
- Funeral arrangements, including burial and cremation expenses
- Your loved one’s pain and suffering
- Lost income
- Your loved one’s medical bills
We can determine who in your family can file a wrongful death lawsuit, such as the representative of the estate, and guide them through the legal process.
Linthicum Heights Truck Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
How Our Linthicum Heights Truck Accident Team Can Help You
At MD Accident Law, our attorneys provide client-focused legal care to help you and your family recover after a truck accident. When we handle your case, we will personalize a legal strategy to suit your particular situation.
We can help by:
- Investigating the accident to determine a liable party
- Gathering evidence of negligence, such as black box data, traffic camera footage, and the truck driver’s record
- Filing all the necessary paperwork for your insurance claim or lawsuit
- Negotiating for a fair settlement
- Communicating with the liable party, insurers, and defense attorneys
- Representing you in a trial
We make it a point to reach out to our clients with regular updates on their cases. You will be able to reach your attorneys via phone, text, and email. We never want you to feel left in the dark about your case.
Liable Parties Who May Owe You Compensation in a Truck Accident Case
Various parties may share liability for a truck accident. Our personal injury attorney will investigate your case to determine who owes you compensation. Consider the following scenarios:
- If a truck part manufacturer produced a defective product and its malfunction contributed to the accident, we can pursue the manufacturer for compensation.
- If a trucking company failed to conduct regular inspections and maintenance of its fleets, and this led to a collision, we can work to hold them accountable. They may also be vicariously liable for their truck driver’s negligence.
- A third-party driver may have contributed to the accident by violating a traffic law, such as failing to yield the right of way.
- Even a government entity may bear responsibility if a preventable road hazard occurred under its jurisdiction.
We will leave no stone unturned when investigating your accident case. Our law firm aims to seek justice for you after a commercial truck collision.
Proving Negligence in a Truck Accident Case
Our Linthicum Heights truck accident attorneys can gather evidence to demonstrate the required four elements of negligence:
- Another party owed you a basic duty of care to keep you reasonably safe on the road.
- They breached that duty by engaging in negligent driving or behavior.
- Their breach caused or contributed to your truck accident.
- You suffered injuries and financial losses due to the truck accident.
We can also consult expert witnesses, such as accident reconstructionists, whose testimony can support your case. Then, we can make our case for damages to an insurer or in a trial.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
You Have a Deadline to Meet When Filing a Truck Accident Lawsuit
According to Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-101, you typically have three years to file a personal injury case. Under Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 3-904, you have the same amount of time to file a wrongful death case.
These deadlines may seem like they leave more than enough time to build a case, but various processes, such as negotiating with an insurer, can take longer than expected. Our lawyers can work to meet your deadline, but the sooner you reach out, the better.
From there, we can work to streamline your case as much as possible. One of the ways we help our clients meet their deadlines is by taking their cases on a contingency-fee basis. We can begin working on your case immediately because we do not charge upfront fees or hourly fees. We only take a percentage of your potential compensation.
Call MD Accident Law for Help With Your Linthicum Heights Truck Accident Claim
You deserve to rest and focus on your health after a truck accident. Our legal team can help you pursue compensation and justice while you prioritize your recovery.
Call MD Accident Law at (410) 777-8960 to start your case. During your free initial consultation, we can explain more about how you can benefit from our legal representation.