As a pedestrian, you are especially vulnerable if a vehicle hits you. The injuries you sustain may impact you for a long time to come. If you have been injured in an accident in Harford County, MD our pedestrian accident lawyers want to help. We will pursue compensation that can help you regain your financial stability and pay for ongoing medical treatment.
In Maryland, pedestrians have rights. Our attorneys help you fight for your rights as you seek an appropriate settlement or judgment. We will support and guide you throughout your journey as we strive to provide peace of mind during the legal process.
Compensation for a Pedestrian Accident
Whether you are filing a claim for yourself or a loved one, our attorneys will help you understand your specific rights. Usually, after a pedestrian accident, you may recover damages to compensate for the following losses:
Costs associated with your treatment and recovery are compensable losses through your injury case. These may include:
- emergency room visits
- hospital stays
- medical equipment and devices
- specialist care
- short or long-term care
- assisted living
- transportation to and from appointments
While you recover, you may be unable to work. It’s also possible that your future earning ability will be impacted by the severity of your injuries. We can help you recover wages you lost while you healed, wages you will lose due to your physical limitations, and benefits you would have otherwise been entitled to.
Non-economic damages do not have a receipt, bill, or estimate like your economic damages. They are personal losses that directly impact your quality of life. These might include:
- Mental and emotional pain
- Physical pain
- Physical limitations
- Inconveniences due to your injuries
- Loss of life enjoyment
- Loss of mobility
- Loss of independence
Wrongful Death Damages
If your loved one passed away from their injuries, our wrongful death attorneys will help you determine who has the right to file a claim and what types of claims may be made, such as:
- Survival claim or action. You or the legal representative of the estate may file a claim on behalf of your loved one’s estate for medical costs, the victim’s pain and suffering, and other expenses, including funeral and burial costs.
- Wrongful death claim or action. This claim may be made by close surviving family members or a personal representative seeking compensation for the loss of the loved one.
For legal consultation with a pedestrian accident attorney in Harford County, call (410)777-8960
How Our Pedestrian Accident Attorneys Help You
Over a quarter of a million people live in Harford County. Tens of thousands of vehicles drive in and around the area each day. Because of this level of traffic congestion, pedestrians are especially at risk of being overlooked and injured. However, as a pedestrian, you have rights that must be protected, especially after someone’s negligence resulted in your injury.
Here’s how our attorneys will protect your rights to compensation:
- Investigate the accident to help demonstrate the facts surrounding your claim. We will do this by collecting police reports, taking to witness, reviewing images and videos of the event, and analyzing your medical history and injury-related records.
- Communicate on your behalf with all involved parties. When we take the lead and communicate with insurers and at-fault parties, we can prevent you from being manipulated into accepting lowball offers or making costly mistakes.
- Negotiate with insurance companies for appropriate compensation. We will fight for a financial award that considers your current and future needs.
- Prepare for trial and represent you if a settlement is not reached. If it comes to litigation, we will make sure you are prepared for proceedings.
The Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow
We are a law firm that strives to provide the best service possible to our clients. We care about you and want to be present when you need us. We always work closely with our clients and stay in contact through phone calls, emails, and via a unique number for texting 24/7.
We’re proud to say that we are:
- Rated by Super Lawyers® 2022
- Members of the Maryland Association for Justice
- An accredited business with BBB Rating: A+
- Rated 5.0 on Google
“Mr. Smallow represented me in a case and he kept in touch before and during the case and kept me abreast and he delivered everything he promised. Case came out great for me. I would highly recommend Adam Smallow for his expertise and persistent commitment to his clients.” —Sean M.
“Adam M. Smallow is great and knows how to fight for the outcome you want and won’t stop until he has succeeded. Adam Smallow was great at making me feel very important and he treated my case with the utmost professionalism.” —Frank J.
“It is critical that the lawyer is responsive and prompt. Adam is very responsive. He also achieves excellent results. I recommend him wholeheartedly.” —Jay
We offer a free initial consultation to our clients. This is a time when we meet and get to know one another. You tell us about your accident and ask any questions you have. We’re happy to provide answers and then talk about what your next steps might be.
Should you decide to move forward with our pedestrian accident attorneys, we will discuss a fee agreement. Our law firm works on a contingency-fee basis, which means that you pay no attorneys’ fees until we successfully recover a settlement or verdict for you.
Harford County Pedestrian Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
Statute of Limitations to File a Pedestrian Accident Case
In Maryland, you usually have three years to file your pedestrian accident case. There can be exceptions to that time limit, possibly reducing the time you have to file your case. Our attorneys will tell you how much time you have to file during the consultation.
Call Our Team to Secure Your Harford County, MD Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
We care about you and the impact your injury has had on your life. Call us today for a free consultation. We can discuss your options, develop a game plan, and start the process of your financial recovery.