If you were injured in any kind of accident in Linthicum Heights, a personal injury lawyer from our law firm could help you fight for compensation for your injuries. You may have a case against the person or organization responsible for the incident.
Compensation takes many forms and could reimburse you for medical expenses, the loss of your usual wages, and more. Our team can provide more information on the financial recovery process during a complimentary case review.
How Your Injury May Entitle You to Damages
There are two main categories of compensation for which you may qualify: non-economic damages and economic damages. Below is a brief guide to help you better understand how damages work. When we assign an attorney to your case, they can explain which of the following types of damages you qualify to recover.
This is the legal term for any injury that affected you physically or mentally. Such damages can take many forms, including but not limited to:
- Pain and suffering: if your injury has caused you physical or emotional pain, resulting in a negative impact on your health and your life
- Disability: if your injuries caused permanent damage and you must learn to live with physical or mental disabilities
- Disfigurement: if the scar tissue from your injuries is physically painful or noticeably affects your appearance
- Loss of consortium: if your injuries (or even the accident itself) has strained your relationship with your spouse
- Reduced quality of life: if you will never be able to resume your old lifestyle (such as having to give up your independence or enjoyable activities)
Economic damages will reimburse you for any monetary losses or other financial stressors connected with your accident. These may include:
- Medical expenses: if you sought medical treatment for your injuries (and if you require further treatment in the future)
- Loss of wages: if your injuries rendered you unable to do your job
- Loss of earning capacity: if your injuries prevent you from ever earning a living as easily as you once did
Calculating Your Damages
Do not worry if you are unsure of which damages you qualify for or how much money to seek. Our team at the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow can help you work out the numbers, as well as all other details pertaining to your case.
For legal consultation with a personal injury attorney in Linthicum Heights, call (410)777-8960
How an Injury Lawyer from Our Firm Can Help You
Hiring legal representation can save you and your family from additional stress after an accident. At the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow, we aim to make this process as pain-free as possible in numerous ways. Our services include:
No matter what sort of accident you were involved in, we know what types of evidence to look for, including:
- Police reports
- Eyewitness statements
- Expert testimony
- Medical records
- Video or photographs
- Inspection reports
These documents and items can help us pinpoint what caused your accident, who is responsible, and what they owe you.
Pursuing Fair Compensation
The fastest way to get your money is usually by receiving a settlement from the liable party’s insurer. We can fight for a settlement by:
- Negotiating with the insurance company
- Refusing to accept anything less than what you deserve
- Preparing the settlement agreement
- Reviewing the agreement with you before you sign it
Unfortunately, it is not always possible to reach a fair settlement. You may have to take the liable party to court in Linthicum Heights. If that happens, one of our lawyers can:
- Schedule trial dates
- Compile evidence into trial exhibits
- Submit trial exhibits to the court
- Question and cross-examine all witnesses
- Deliver all arguments and statements
Putting Our Clients First
Our clients frequently express appreciation for our dedication, responsiveness, and compassion. We can make sure you get the information and attention you need by:
- Issuing a unique phone number that you can text 24/7 with your questions
- Being available by phone or email
- Making sure you understand your rights
- Advising you about the benefits and risks of your legal options
- Continuing or ending your case at your say-so
- Regularly updating you about how your case is going
Linthicum Heights Personal Injury Attorney (410)777-8960
How State Laws May Affect Your Case
Our team can deal with all of the tough legal jobs. Still, it is a good idea for you to have basic knowledge of the laws and regulations that may influence your ability to collect damages. This section highlights some of the most important ones.
The Statute of Limitations
Your right to seek compensation is only available for a limited time. The deadline to file depends on what type of accident you suffered. For example:
- Md. Cts. and Jud. Proc. §5–101 applies to most cases. It states that you may file a personal injury lawsuit against the liable party so long as you do so within three years of the injury.
- Md. Cts. and Jud. Proc. §5–109 applies to medical malpractice cases. You potentially have up to five years to sue in such cases.
Your ability to collect damages depends on whether a judge or jury rules that you contributed to your injuries. In Maryland, even 1 percent of the responsibility for your injuries disqualifies you from collecting compensation. Our team will work hard to shut down any accusations of negligence made against you and show that another party is responsible.
Let Us Assess Your Case at no Charge
Our team at the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow would like to help you with your case. A personal injury lawyer can defend your rights and seek appropriate compensation on your behalf in Linthicum Heights. Call us at (410) 777-8960 to speak to one of our team members and get a free consultation.