If you or a loved one was injured in a car accident in Linthicum Heights, you may be eligible to have a personal injury case against the at-fault driver or another liable party.
Whether your accident occurred on the Baltimore Beltway, near the airport or railroad, or somewhere else in Anne Arundel County, a Linthicum Heights car accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow can represent you in Maryland. We offer free case evaluations if you have more questions you would like to ask our team.
OUR TEAM CAN HELP YOU CALCULATE THE VALUE OF YOUR CAR ACCIDENT CASE
If you have never filed a personal injury case for a car accident before, you might be wondering how much compensation you could receive for your injuries. The answer to this question varies by individual, as it is dependent on your actual financial losses and other general damages you experienced.
Because each individual is unique in their financial situation, our team would have to assess your personal damages to calculate your case’s value. We will also need to list each type of damage you experienced in your demand letter when we notify the liable party about your case. These damages may include:
- Damage to your vehicle
- Medical expenses related to your injuries
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Current and future loss of income
- Reduced earning potential because of your injuries
- Permanent disability or physical disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment in life or hobbies and activities you enjoyed before the accident
- Loss of consortium
This is not a complete list of damages. During our consultations, we may suggest other types of damages to pursue, including future expenses you should expect due to your injuries.
DAMAGES RELATED TO LOSING A LOVED ONE IN A CAR ACCIDENT
Our deepest condolences go out to you if you are coping with the loss of a loved one. This can be a sudden, tragic experience to endure, so we understand if handling a legal case seems too burdensome to take on mentally or emotionally.
Our team can calculate your damages for you, which might include:
- Funeral expenses, including costs for burial or cremation
- Loss of your loved one’s financial income if they contributed to the family household
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of parental guidance
- Loss of emotional support, comfort, and love
- Medical debt related to your loved one’s final expenses
For legal consultation with a car accident attorney in Linthicum Heights, call (410)777-8960
YOU GET MORE THAN LEGAL REPRESENTATION WHEN YOU HIRE A LAWYER FROM OUR FIRM
Beyond calculating your damages, our legal team offers various other services to help you build your case. When you work with a car accident lawyer from our team serving Linthicum Heights, you get more than someone who will present your case. You get a whole team who cares about you and is ready to fight for you.
WE’RE AVAILABLE ANYTIME, ANY DAY
Once you become our client, we offer 24/7 communication services. You will receive a unique text number to access our team whenever you have questions or concerns. We encourage you to update us whenever:
- You suffer new damages.
- You discover new evidence that can support your case.
- The insurance company or opposing attorneys contact you.
WE WILL HANDLE THE LEGAL PAPERWORK AND COMMUNICATION
Car accident cases can easily become complex if more than one party might be liable for damages. Let us handle the paperwork and phone calls necessary to move your case forward. We can review information to make sure it is accurate and protect your case when insurance companies or attorneys reach out for statements.
Linthicum Heights Car Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
MARYLAND’S STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS SETS A FILING DEADLINE FOR ALL CAR ACCIDENT CASES
Car accident cases fall under personal injury law, so they must abide by rules set under this type of litigation. Each personal injury case must adhere to the statute of limitations, which is a legal deadline for filing a lawsuit. If you neglect to file your lawsuit by its statutory deadline, it can get dismissed, and you could lose your right to pursue compensation.
Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code §5-101 sets the filing deadline for all personal injury cases at generally three years from the cause of injury (in your case, the car accident), though some exceptions may apply. Our legal team can review your case to determine how much time you have left to file, then assist you accordingly.
IF YOU ARE FILING ON BEHALF OF YOUR LATE LOVED ONE
There is a separate filing deadline for families filing a wrongful death lawsuit on behalf of their deceased loved one. If this applies to you, then you generally have three years from the date of your loved one’s death to file your case, according to Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code §3-904.
What To Expect During Your Free Car Accident Case Review
Your initial consultation is always free. It is our first point of contact and gives our legal team the chance to learn more about you, your accident, your injuries, and the crash’s impact on your life and family.
To delve into the details of your case, we ask:
- For your perspective on the accident’s cause
- Your injuries and any treatment you have received
- Your job and the amount of income you lost
- Anything said at the accident scene
- Any evidence you already have in your possession
Your consultation is also an opportunity for you to ask questions about our law firm and team members and the steps we take to prepare your case. In addition, we ensure you understand our case strategy, your rights, the at-fault driver’s responsibilities, and the potential value of your case. Finally, we’ll explain our fee structure and the benefits it offers.
We Do Not Charge You Anything Unless Your Case Resolves in Your Favor
When our law firm handles your car accident case, we do so on a contingency fee basis. Our fee structure means you do not incur any upfront or out-of-pocket costs for our legal service and support, which means we cover these costs:
- Any experts required to support your case, including an accident reconstructionist and medical or other experts
- Investigating your case, including obtaining the police report, photos, and videos of the accident scene
- Preparing your case for settlement talks or court, including filing fees
Instead of hourly fees and an upfront retainer, we accept a percentage of your final compensation. In addition, you owe us nothing if we don’t win you a financial award.
Therefore, we aim to resolve your case in your favor and obtain the best possible outcome for you.
Our Reviews and Testimonials Attest to Our Commitment to Our Clients
We never stop fighting for the injured clients we represent. When previous clients leave online reviews for our law firm, they say the following:
- “Mr. Smallow is absolutely the best! He truly fights to obtain the very best results for his clients…keeping you informed every step of the way. If you want professionalism, expertise and a law firm that cares and does their very best from start to finish, call Adam.” — Pattie
- “I am VERY pleased with the overall outcome of my case! The settlement was more than I imagined I was going to receive. I appreciate everyone’s involvement! Attorney Smallow took his time and talked to my daughter and myself to give us the best outcome…Thank you to everyone in the office!” — Yasmeen T.
Find additional written and video testimonials on our client reviews page and see why you can trust our legal team to fight for the compensation you are entitled to recover.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
HIRE A CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER SERVING LINTHICUM HEIGHTS FROM OUR LAW FIRM
Call the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow to schedule a free case review. One of our team members can evaluate your car accident case and explain your legal options, including how one of our personal injury attorneys may be able to help you.
We aim to fight for the compensation you need to recover from your damages, so do not hesitate to reach out as soon as possible.