You can seek compensation in Maryland after suffering injuries in a motorcycle collision. If you are looking for a motorcycle accident attorney in Cecil County, MD, the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow can help. We represent injury victims across the state, helping them recover compensation for medical treatment, lost wages, and other damages.
When you hire our firm, you can focus on recovering while your attorney takes care of the rest. All prospective clients receive a free consultation when they call.
Determining Fault After a Motorcycle Accident in Maryland
The first part of any accident investigation involves collecting evidence to determine fault. Our team will look for various types of evidence as we investigate your crash, including surveillance footage, police reports, and statements from eyewitnesses.
Based on the evidence available, your lawyer will determine which party or parties contributed to the collision. For example, common liable parties in these cases include:
- Other motorcyclists
- Vehicle manufacturers
- Government entities who repair and maintain roads and traffic control devices
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Cecil County, call (410)886-6215
Recovering Compensation for Motorcycle Accident Damages
Before we request a settlement or file a lawsuit in Cecil County court, we must identify and estimate the value of your recoverable damages. These are common types of compensation from motorcycle accident cases:
- Medical expenses should include all the medical care that you require for your accident injuries. In addition to emergency life-saving care, you will likely have extra doctor’s visits, surgeries, medications, and physical therapy to contend with. If your recovery will take quite some time to complete, a statement from your doctor can speak to your prognosis and your future treatment needs.
- Mental health services can also be covered in your lawsuit. If you develop anxiety or post-traumatic stress disorder after the accident, you may need to attend therapy or seek additional medications to treat these conditions.
- Lost income should be considered, as you likely missed work due to the accident. In addition, your losses could mount if you lose your job or cannot return to the workforce. If so, you may be eligible to recover estimated future lost wages.
- Pain and suffering pertains to any pain that you feel as a result of the accident. The idea here is that your quality of life has changed due to the accident, and you can use personal statements and medical records to demonstrate that you are actively suffering.
Note that personal injury cases are bound by a three-year statute of limitations in Maryland. As such, you must generally file a lawsuit within three years of the date of the accident, which Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-101 outlines.
Cecil County Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me (410)886-6215
Filing a Wrongful Death Claim in Cecil County, MD
When you lose someone to a motorcycle accident, you may be eligible to file a claim for wrongful death damages. However, these lawsuits are only open to specific individuals.
In order to file a claim for wrongful death in Maryland, you must be a:
- Spouse or dependent child of the deceased
- Dependent parent or sibling of the deceased
- Executor or administrator of the deceased’s estate
A wrongful death case allows you to seek additional damages aside from those that are available in a personal injury claim. These damages include:
- Loss of moral training or support
- Loss of companionship
- Funeral and burial costs
- Administrative costs
Similar to personal injury cases, you have a three-year statute of limitations on filing a wrongful death lawsuit, per Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 3-904. As such, we encourage you to reach out to a member of our legal team early so we have time to build a compelling case before the deadline passes.
Services Our Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Offer
When you retain an attorney from our firm, you can expect to receive several services to help you during the legal process. A member of our legal team at the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow does more than seek compensation.
For example, we make it easy to communicate via phone or email. You can reach out when you have questions, obtain new information, or receive phone calls or letters from other parties related to the case. Our attorneys will advise you of your rights and the best course of action, though any final decisions are left up to you.
Our team will also:
- Collect evidence to use in your favor
- Build a case against the liable party
- Negotiate with insurers and other parties for a fair settlement
- File your lawsuit on time, should one be necessary
- Speak on your behalf regarding the case
- Complete and submit all insurance and legal documents
- Advocate for you in court
All of these services are available for no upfront or out-of-pocket cost. We cover all the costs to pursue your case and take our payment from any compensation we collect for you.
Why Our Clients Give Us Five-Star Ratings
No one knows our levels of professionalism and compassion better than the Maryland residents we’ve represented before. You can read some of our five-star Google reviews below:
- “I just can’t thank them enough. A true lawyer indeed. I was treated too good with my case. They stood by me. Their professionalism is just too amazing.” – Miracle Banks
- “I’m a stickler for professionalism and COMMUNICATION and Mr.Smallow and the entire staff are all organized, keep me up to date in the progress of my case the whole way through and actually CARE about their clients and their recovery.” – Lauree Tyler
- “Adam does a great job of coordinating with all parties involved in the case including healthcare professionals to make sure his clients have a seamless experience. If you have an injury, you’ll want this team in your corner!” – J. Harm
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call for a Free Consultation
Call (410) 877-6021 for a free consultation when you are hurt in a motorcycle accident in Cecil County, MD. You can speak with a team member from the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow to learn about your legal rights and seek the compensation you may be due.
Anyone who has been injured in a motorcycle accident needs as much support as they can get. You will have an attorney at your side until the case is settled or resolved. You may also ask our team for referrals or support if you have other issues that you simply cannot manage on your own.