You can seek compensation in Maryland after suffering injuries in a motorcycle collision. If you are looking for a motorcycle accident attorney in Cecil County, MD, the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow can help. We represent injury victims across the state, helping them recover compensation for medical treatment, lost wages, and other damages.
When you hire our firm, you can focus on recovering while your attorney takes care of the rest. All prospective clients receive a free consultation when they call.
Determining Fault After a Motorcycle Accident in Maryland
The first part of any accident investigation involves collecting evidence to determine fault. Our team will look for various types of evidence as we investigate your crash, including surveillance footage, police reports, and statements from eyewitnesses.
Our law firm handles evidence collection for you so you can concentrate on getting better. We even order your police report and request all accident-related medical records. Because they can come from a number of health care providers, facilities, and departments, collecting them all on your own can be difficult and tedious. Our legal team will take care of evidence collection for you.
Based on the evidence available, your lawyer will determine which party or parties contributed to the collision. For example, common liable parties in these cases include:
- Other motorcyclists
- Vehicle manufacturers
- Government entities that repair and maintain roads and traffic control devices
Commonly Reported Motorcycle Accident Injuries
A collision between a full-size vehicle and your much smaller motorcycle can leave you and any passengers you were carrying with serious—even life-threatening—injuries. Some injuries are common in motorcycle crashes, like road rash, which can cause serious and widespread skin damage.
Other injuries frequently reported in motorcycle accidents include the following:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Back and spinal cord injuries
- Limb injuries, including bone breaks
- Soft tissue and internal injuries
- Neck and shoulder injuries
- Fractures and sprains
If you or someone you love suffered an injury of any severity in a motorcycle accident, our law office can help you prove the at-fault party’s liability and your right to recover compensation. We will compile your medical records to prove the cause and resulting costs of your accident-related injuries.
The Ongoing Costs of Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcyclists and their passengers are largely unprotected from the impact of an accident. According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) statistics, there were more than 180,000 visits to emergency rooms due to motorcycle accidents and more than 5,500 fatalities.
These accidents have a significant personal economic impact on the injured party and a significant societal impact. The annual cost of motorcycle accidents in the U.S. average is several billion dollars.
The personal costs you might incur to treat and recover from your injuries can include medical and rehabilitation costs, including:
- Emergency care
- Hospital admissions
- Surgical procedures
- Required medications
- Assistive medical devices
Our legal team works hard to help you recover these and all other costs created by your accident by proving the at-fault driver’s negligence. Negligence is established when we prove they breached their responsibility to provide you with a duty of ordinary care and subsequently caused your physical injuries and property damage.
The evidence file we create for you will document these facts and support your right to financial recovery.
For legal consultation with a motorcycle accident attorney in Cecil County, call (410)777-8960
Recovering Compensation for Motorcycle Accident Damages
Before we request a settlement or file a lawsuit in Cecil County court, we must identify and estimate the value of your recoverable damages. These are common types of compensation from motorcycle accident cases:
- Medical expenses should include all the medical care that you require for your accident injuries. In addition to emergency life-saving care, you will likely have extra doctor’s visits, surgeries, medications, and physical therapy to contend with. If your recovery takes quite some time to complete, a statement from your doctor can speak to your prognosis and your future treatment needs.
- Mental health services can also be covered in your lawsuit. If you develop anxiety or post-traumatic stress disorder after the accident, you may need to attend therapy or seek additional medications to treat these conditions.
- Lost income should be considered, as you likely missed work due to the accident. In addition, your losses could mount if you lose your job or cannot return to the workforce. If so, you may be eligible to recover estimated future lost wages.
- Pain and suffering pertains to any pain that you feel as a result of the accident. The idea here is that your quality of life has changed due to the accident, and you can use personal statements and medical records to demonstrate that you are actively suffering.
Cecil County Motorcycle Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
Filing a Wrongful Death Case in Cecil County, MD
When you lose someone to a motorcycle accident, you may be eligible to file a case for wrongful death damages. However, these lawsuits are only open to specific individuals.
In order to file a case for wrongful death in Maryland, you must be a:
- Spouse or dependent child of the deceased
- Dependent parent or sibling of the deceased
- Executor or administrator of the deceased’s estate
A wrongful death case allows you to seek additional damages aside from those that are available in a personal injury case. These damages include:
- Loss of moral training or support
- Loss of companionship
- Funeral and burial costs
- Administrative costs
Our Law Firm Is Compensated Only When You Are
No one who has been injured by someone else’s negligence should struggle with the decision to hire a personal injury lawyer because of financial concerns. Our personal injury law firm makes this decision easier by representing injured clients on a contingency fee basis.
At no upfront or out-of-pocket cost to you, we will absorb the following costs:
- Investigating your case
- Consulting relevant experts
- Compiling supporting evidence
- Drafting and filing your case
- Interviewing accident witnesses
Our car accident lawyer does not expect or accept compensation until we obtain it for you. We never stop fighting for the damages you are entitled to recover, and if your case does not result in compensation, you owe us nothing.
Services Our Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Offer
When you retain an attorney from our firm, you can expect to receive several services to help you during the legal process. A member of our legal team at the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow does more than seek compensation.
For example, we make it easy to communicate via phone or email. You can reach out when you have questions, obtain new information, or receive phone calls or letters from other parties related to the case. Our attorneys will advise you of your rights and the best course of action, though any final decisions are left up to you.
Our team will also:
- Collect evidence to use in your favor
- Build a case against the liable party
- Negotiate with insurers and other parties for a fair settlement
- Speak on your behalf regarding the case
- Complete and submit all insurance and legal documents
- Advocate for you in court
All of these services are available for no upfront or out-of-pocket cost. We cover all the costs to pursue your case and take our payment from any compensation we collect for you.
Why Our Clients Give Us Five-Star Ratings
No one knows our levels of professionalism and compassion better than the Maryland residents we’ve represented before. You can read some of our five-star Google reviews below:
- “I just can’t thank them enough. A true lawyer indeed. I was treated too good with my case. They stood by me. Their professionalism is just too amazing.” – Miracle Banks
- “I’m a stickler for professionalism and COMMUNICATION and Mr. Smallow and the entire staff are all organized, keep me up to date in the progress of my case the whole way through, and actually CARE about their clients and their recovery.” – Lauree Tyler
- “Adam does a great job of coordinating with all parties involved in the case including healthcare professionals to make sure his clients have a seamless experience. If you have an injury, you’ll want this team in your corner!” – J. Harm
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call for a Free Consultation and Learn More About How Our Cecil County Motorcycle Team Can Help
Call one of our team members for a free consultation when you are hurt in a motorcycle accident in Cecil County, MD. You can speak with a team member from the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow to learn about your legal rights and seek the compensation you may be due.
Anyone who has been injured in a motorcycle accident needs as much support as they can get. You will have an attorney at your side until the case is settled or resolved. You may also ask our team for referrals or support if you have other issues that you simply cannot manage on your own.