If you suffered injuries and are seeking a motorcycle accident attorney in Bel Air North, MD, our team is ready to represent you. After suffering injuries due to someone else’s negligent actions, you deserve to have someone on your side fighting for your physical and financial recovery.
We will handle each aspect of your case, from evidence collection to representing you in court. If you decide to retain us after a free review of your case, you’ll also gain access to the many benefits our firm provides.
Why Motorcycle Accident Victims in Harford County Choose Our Law Firm
We know you’re looking for more than just a motorcycle accident lawyer, which is why when you retain our firm, you gain access to our team of compassionate, supportive legal professionals who are ready to look out for your best interests. What sets our personal injury law firm apart from others is that we:
- Will refer you to doctors we trust: If you are still looking for medical care when you contact us, we’ll suggest qualified physicians that we’d trust with our own family members’ care.
- Are available 24/7 for a free consultation: Injuries don’t wait, and you shouldn’t have to either. Our team is waiting to take your call and discuss your case now.
- Value attorney accessibility: Our team’s 24/7 availability doesn’t end after your initial case review—we even provide you with a unique text number, so legal support is never far away.
At the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow, we strive to give our clients the level of care and consideration they didn’t receive while out on the road.
We Look Out for Our Personal Injury Clients’ Legal and Medical Needs
Over our many years serving injury victims in Harford County, we’ve received more than 100 five-star reviews, like this one:
“The person who hit me gave wrong information to the police, kept changing adjusters and barely wanted to admit fault or take any responsibility… I never felt the frustration from this because my attorney was always on top of it and told me to concentrate on my recovery and feeling better. When the physical therapist I chose to go to was giving me the run around and making me jump through hoops with paperwork and referrals -Mr. Smallow squashed all of that and referred me to a chiropractic group that was just as caring, knowledgeable and professional as he.” – Lauree Tyler
Unfortunately, stories like this are not uncommon, and we were honored to help this client get the legal support and treatment she needed.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Bel Air North, call (410)886-6215
We Pursue Damages Based on How the Motorcycle Crash Impacted Your Life
When you retain one of our attorneys for your motorcycle accident in Bel Air, we will:
- Listen to how the collision has affected your life
- Gather evidence based on the information you provide and our own investigation
- Construct a case that identifies the liable party and shows their liability
- Review your damages with you to ensure we leave nothing unaccounted for when seeking compensation
- Communicate and negotiate on your behalf with the liable party’s insurer
- Advise you on any legal decisions you need to make, such as accepting a settlement offer or determining when to file a lawsuit
Our team will take care of as much as we can on your behalf and stand by your side through each phase of the case, fighting for your financial recovery.
What Financial Recovery Looks Like in Motorcycle Accident Cases
Recoverable damages look different in every case, as they address the unique physical, financial, and emotional harm you have endured. Our team will spend time going over your potential damages with you, which may include:
- Treatment you received at the scene and in the aftermath of your motorcycle crash
- Medical care you will need in the future for any lingering or permanent injuries
- Wages and benefits missed throughout your recovery period
- Diminished earning capacity if you develop a disability that prevents you from working as you once did
- Pain and suffering for the intangible impact of the accident
- Wrongful death damages if the collision resulted in your family member’s untimely passing
Bel Air North Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me (410)886-6215
These Maryland Laws Can Affect Your Motorcycle Accident Claim
The personal injury laws in each state dictate how insurance companies and county courts handle cases involving injuries and wrongful death. In Maryland, there are two statutes you must navigate to recover damages after a motorcycle crash: contributory negligence and the statute of limitations.
Contributory Negligence Affects Your Ability to Seek Compensation
It is critical to understand how contributory negligence impacts your case. Unlike most states, Maryland generally bars victims from recovering compensation if there is evidence that they played any role in their injuries.
For example, all motorcycle riders and passengers must wear helmets that meet Maryland Department of Transportation (MDOT) standards. If you violated this or another regulation, making you at least 1 percent liable for your injuries, the insurance company or court may deny your right to compensation from the other party.
These high stakes showcase the importance of having legal support on your side. We will work hard to fight any suggestion that you contributed to the collision or your injuries.
The Statute of Limitations Affect How Long You Have to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit
Though most cases settle out of court, your right to sue remains an asset in your case up until the time limit expires. Maryland only gives you three years to initiate a lawsuit for a personal injury under Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-101. Likewise, Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 3-904 outlines a three-year deadline for wrongful death lawsuits.
Up until this deadline, our team will put our time and resources toward investigating, building a strong case, and negotiating with the insurance company. How long we have to dedicate to these tasks will depend on how soon you reach out to us—so, the sooner, the better.
Contact a Bel Air North Motorcycle Accident Lawyer for Help with Your Case Today
Our motorcycle accident lawyers serve clients in Bel Air North and the surrounding areas of Harford County from our office in Edgewood, Maryland. Don’t wait to take action against the party responsible for your accident injuries. Call our team to discuss your case now: (410) 877-6021.