Did you get hurt in a truck accident in Fort Washington, Maryland? Large trucks – including semi-trucks, 18-wheelers, and tractor-trailers – can cause serious accidents when truckers ignore traffic safety rules.
The team at the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow can step in to help you after a collision. A Fort Washington truck accident lawyer will review the facts of your case and determine if you have a viable claim. We also offer free case reviews where you can explore your options now.
Your Compensation After a Truck Accident in Fort Washington
You can seek compensation for the losses sustained in a Fort Washington truck accident. Our team will seek financial recovery for your:
- Medical expenses
- Wages lost during your recovery period
- Repair costs for your vehicle’s damage
- Pain, suffering, and mental anguish
Our team will assess all of your losses, including your current and future healthcare costs. We will also consider your non-economic losses, which we will identify based on your injuries’ severity and anticipated recovery period.
You Have a Limited Time To Seek Recovery Following Your Truck Accident
We’re able to resolve many injury cases through insurance settlements. However, you want to keep your options open if a lawsuit is necessary.
You generally have three years to seek compensation for your losses, per Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-101. If you file your case outside of the three-year filing period, you could lose the right to seek damages. When you entrust your case to our team, we will abide by all statutory deadlines.
For legal consultation with a truck accident attorney in Fort Washington, call (410)777-8960
We Will Investigate Your Truck Accident Case and Gather Evidence
To establish liability, our lawyers will gather and review your case’s evidence. Our team has years of experience collecting facts to support our clients. During the course of building your claim, expect your lawyer to:
- Speak with witnesses about what they saw when you got hurt
- Acquire a copy of your police report
- Visit the scene of the accident
- Examine your injury-related receipts and billing statements
- Consult with accident reconstruction specialists
- Speak with your healthcare team about your medical care
You can reach out to us immediately after a collision. We keep the lines of communication open for our clients, providing 24/7 access. We stay available to you throughout the entirety of your claim.
Fort Washington Truck Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
We Will Determine the Reason for Your Truck Accident in Fort Washington
Truck accidents in Fort Washington can involve any large commercial vehicle, including tow trucks, fuel tankers, garbage trucks, and cement trucks. These accidents occur for many different reasons. After assessing your case’s evidence, we may find that one or more of the following factors caused your collision:
Improper Loading of Cargo
Trucking companies have to follow legal regulations when they load their trailers. Unfortunately, some companies disregard these safety laws in order to haul more cargo and save money. Truckers have a harder time safely operating overloaded trailers––which can cause them to lose control and cause collisions.
Driving Under the Influence (DUI)
Drivers who operate trucks under the influence of alcohol or drugs endanger themselves and those around them. Drunk driving:
- Slows drivers’ reaction times
- Impairs drivers’ judgment
- Increases erratic driving
Some truck drivers use drugs – especially stimulants – to stay awake on long drives. Unfortunately, these chemicals often increase aggression and risky decisions while on the road.
Tired drivers react more slowly to changes in traffic and may even fall asleep at the wheel. The government restricts the number of hours truck drivers can operate their vehicles every day to combat drowsy driving, but some companies push drivers to ignore these regulations.
We may find that other factors caused your collision than those listed here.
We Can Champion Your Rights No Matter How Serious Your Injuries Are
There is no case that’s too complicated for us to handle. We’re ready to pursue financial recovery for your losses if you suffered:
- Broken bones and fractures
- Head or brain injuries (including concussions)
- Whiplash and other neck or back injuries
- Internal injuries or bleeding
- Organ damage
- Other life-altering conditions
We suggest that you seek medical care immediately if you got hurt in a truck accident in Fort Washington. Are you unsure where to get treatment? Our team suggests qualified medical providers to our clients, allowing you to get the treatment you need.
We recommend healthcare providers that we’d entrust with the health and well-being of our own families.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Clients Love How We Advocate for Them
The Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow is a highly-rated law firm with years of experience advocating for injured people. Not only are we proud members of the Better Business Bureau (BBB), but we also have more than 100 positive comments on Google Reviews.
Some of our previous clients have shared:
- “I work very closely with Adam Smallow and his entire team. I am consistently impressed by their continuous effort to ensure that every client has a personalized and unique experience, and this extends well beyond the resolution of a case.” ––Aaron J.
- “I work very closely with Adam and his team. They often refer clients to us for treatment after and auto accident. You can really tell they care about each and every client, as they will check up on the clients under our care to make sure the clients are comfortable and seeking the care they need.” ––Jessica N.
- “A friend of mine referred me towards “Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow” regarding my car accident case. It was a great experience working with them. They helped me out the best way possibly. I would definitely recommend them to everyone whoever needs the best service in Maryland.” ––Rida H.
Speak to Us About Your Truck Accident Claim Today
Do you want professional help from a Fort Washington truck accident lawyer? Reach out to the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow to begin an immediate discussion about your case. We focus on your needs throughout our partnership.