When you are the victim of a truck accident, it can be hard to determine your next steps on your own. Our truck accident attorney in Fort Washington, MD can manage your case from start to finish, including proving negligence and financial liability. The team at the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow will also determine the value of your injuries and make sure your case meets all state and local filing deadlines.
It all begins by building a comprehensive case file and calculating the costs of treating your injuries. Because some of these costs can be difficult to calculate, we also assign a value to your physical and emotional pain and suffering. Then we use this combined value to negotiate with the at-fault party and make sure your case is settled to your satisfaction, providing you with support and guidance every step of the way.
Working with Our Truck Accident Team Has Many Benefits
When you hire us to help you seek financial compensation, we can rest assured that your case will get the time and attention it needs. To ensure that your case file is complete and accurate, our team will:
- Request police reports for you
- Request your medical records
- Recommend health care providers that our own families use and trust
We also make sure you can reach one of our team members with questions or concerns whenever you have them. We will provide you with a phone number, email address, and even a text number that is unique to you for 24/7 communication with us.
Evidence We May Use to Prove Your Case
Part of representing injury victims means handling every aspect of your case. We deal with the insurance company on your behalf, including obtaining, completing, and submitting claim forms and evidence. We also identify the at-fault party for your accident, so we know where to assign accountability.
In a truck accident, the at-fault party might be:
- The truck driver if intoxication, distraction, or other behaviors caused the collision
- The driver’s employer if improperly loaded cargo or other company-related factors caused the collision
- The truck’s manufacturer if a design flaw or mechanical failure caused the collision
- Parts and components manufacturers if faulty tires, windshield wipers, or other installed parts or components caused the collision
The at-fault party’s identity and the weight of your evidence file can help steer negotiations in your favor. We will keep you informed throughout the negotiation process and help you weigh the pros and cons of each offer you receive until you agree to a settlement. If no settlement is reached, then we can represent you at trial.
Satisfied Clients Speak for Our Law Firm
Choosing the law firm that will help you seek financial compensation may be difficult, but reviews and referrals from past clients often make the decision easier.
When past clients share their experiences about working with our team, here’s what they have to say:
- “Mr. Adam Smallow represented me in an accident case…He is a great attorney and kept me abreast of what was going on with my case…He is also very honest, pleasant, and well prepared with his cases. I highly recommend the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow.” – Connie
- “The professionalism and service I’ve received from Adam Smallow has exceeded my expectations. He is very bright, listens well, and answered all my questions…Adam is without a doubt the best I’ve ever worked with. I highly recommend this law office and everyone on the staff.” – Joe
- “Adam Smallow is a genuine human being first and a phenomenal lawyer second…Adam Smallow represented me with integrity and accuracy…When experiencing something in life great enough to require a lawyer…have a lawyer that can be GREAT! Adam Smallow is my choice; make him yours.” – Cameron
Our goal is to make sure every client feels supported, appreciated, and respected throughout their fight for financial recovery. See what other clients have to say about our client service experience on our reviews page.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Fort Washington, call (410)886-6215
Recover Two Types of Damages After a Truck Accident
A collision with a large truck in Fort Washington, MD can result in serious injuries. While the cost of treating your injuries until you recover will likely be a large part of your claim, you may also be entitled to compensation for other expenses and losses that stem from your injuries.
Our truck accident attorney will help you define both your economic and non-economic damages and fight to recoup them. These damages may include:
- Medical expenses
- In-home support
- Ongoing therapy
- Loss of income
- Mental anguish
- Emotional trauma
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
Our case review team at the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow will build your case file with receipts, bills, and other evidence that proves the value of your economic and non-economic damages.
Comply with the Statute of Limitations
Because the state of Maryland limits the amount of time you have to file a civil lawsuit, our truck accident attorney will notify you of the appropriate filing deadline immediately. According to Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-101, you generally have three years to file a personal injury lawsuit. Similarly, according to Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 3-904, you also have three years to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
If the statute of limitations expires:
- The state will not allow you to file your lawsuit
- Your lawsuit will be dismissed without being heard
- You will have no legal avenue to pursue compensation
You do not want to lose your legal right to seek compensation. Working with our truck accident attorney ensures that your case will be filed in time to comply with the statute of limitations. Be sure to contact us as soon as possible, so we have time to conduct a thorough investigation into your case. A strong case file allows us to fight for the best possible outcome for you.
Fort Washington Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (410)886-6215
Get the Financial Compensation You Deserve
If you or someone you love were injured in a truck accident in Fort Washington, MD, the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow is here to help. Find out how our truck accident attorney can prove your right to compensation and vigorously pursue the at-fault party. Contact us today at (410) 877-6021 for your free consultation.