If you or a loved one was recently injured in a truck accident in Largo or a surrounding area in Maryland, a personal injury lawyer from the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow may be able to help you pursue compensation for your damages.
Our law firm is dedicated to helping accident victims fight for their financial recovery. When you become our client, we aim to help you pursue compensation to potentially recover damages like medical bills, income loss, and pain and suffering. We can explain this in more detail in a free case review.
You May be Entitled to Receive Compensation for Your Truck Accident Injuries
If you or a loved one was an accident victim, you may be able to pursue compensation for the following damages:
- Medical treatment expenses
- Current and future income loss, including benefits
- Property damage costs, such as vehicle repair costs
- Cash value of your vehicle if it was totaled in the accident
- Pain and suffering, both physical and emotional
- Diminished quality of life
- Permanent disability, including vision or hearing loss
- Scarring and other forms of physical disfigurement
- Reduced earning capacity
- Emotional anguish
Other damages not listed here may also apply to your case, which we can suggest once we review your case specifics.
Wrongful Death Damages
If you unfortunately lost someone you love in a truck accident, you may also be able to pursue compensation for:
- Funeral expenses
- Loss of companionship and/or parental guidance
- Loss of financial support
- Medical care
- And more
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Largo, call (410)886-6215
Our Team Can Help You Identify the Liable Party or Parties in Your Case
Because truck drivers can act as either contractors or employees, our legal team may investigate your truck accident case to identify whether other parties may be held liable. Should the truck driver be an employee of a trucking company, that company may be held vicariously liable for damages the driver caused.
However, depending on what caused the accident, other parties may also be held liable for your damages, such as:
- The truck’s manufacturer or a parts manufacturer
- The truck’s maintenance company
- The truck’s loading company, if separate from the trucking company
- A local municipality in charge of the road conditions or projects on the road
- A third party, such as another driver or a construction company
Our team can inform you of whether you may be able to take action against multiple parties, then guide you accordingly.
We Can Collect Evidence for You
During our investigation, we can file requests to retrieve information on your behalf. Should you have evidence already with you, we will collect this information. If not, we are prepared to gather evidence to support your claims.
Evidence may include:
- The official crash report
- Video footage, such as from traffic cameras, surveillance cameras, or dashboard cameras
- Photographs and videos of the accident scene
- Eyewitness testimony
- Expert testimony, such as from medical professionals or accident reconstruction analysts
- Data records, such as black box information, cellphone records, and medical records
Largo Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (410)886-6215
Our Personal Injury Lawyers Provide Both Guidance and Comfort to Clients
Beyond establishing key information about your truck accident in Largo, a personal injury lawyer from our team also provides several legal services. In fact, our team can manage your case from start to finish, letting you recover from your accident at home or in the hospital at your own pace.
We will provide you a unique texting number, which can serve as your direct communication with us whenever you have questions or concerns. In the meantime, our team can provide the following services:
While you are building your case, you may have certain parties reach out to you for statements and information or to give you a settlement offer. These parties may include:
- The liable party’s insurance company
- The liable party’s legal team
- The clerk’s staff
When you become our client, our legal team can handle phone calls and other types of communication with these parties and other individuals involved in your case. We can also keep you updated on new information these parties may provide to your case, such as settlement offers, court updates, and new evidence.
Building a truck accident case can involve a significant amount of paperwork, which we can fill out on your behalf. In doing so, we will check legal documents for their accuracy and completion.
Paperwork may involve:
- Insurance policy information
- Tax information and other salary records
- Legal notices and requests
- Medical reports
Part of the benefit of working with a personal injury lawyer from our law firm is that we can provide you with legal perspective on your case. We can inform you about your rights, potential consequences for certain decisions, and available options should an obstacle occur.
Some key legal advice you may receive during your truck accident case includes:
- Whether you should file an insurance claim or a lawsuit
- Whether you should file multiple claims if there is more than one liable party
- Whether you should accept a settlement offer or keep negotiating
- Whether you should consider taking your case to court
While our team can advise you throughout your case, you will always have the final word on legal decisions.
As your representatives, our team will provide you with legal support throughout your case, whether this means attending negotiation meetings on your behalf or presenting your case in a court hearing.
Maryland’s Statute of Limitations Dictates How Long You Have to File Your Case
Should you fail to meet this deadline, you may jeopardize your ability to pursue compensation. A judge may dismiss your case upon reviewing it, especially if the opposing party submits a request for its dismissal. Our team can keep track of your case’s filing deadline so that it remains on time.
Wrongful Death Cases
Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 3-904 sets a different statutory deadline for wrongful death cases. Surviving family members have three years from the date of their loved one’s death to file their case. We can help you and your family prepare materials to file your case within this timeframe.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow About Your Truck Accident Case
After your truck accident in Largo, connect with a lawyer from the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow. We can review your case for free and assess how our legal team may be able to help you.
Call (410) 877-6021 for a free consultation today.