Pedestrian accident injuries are often known for being catastrophic. It is not unusual for injured pedestrians to suffer broken bones, traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord damage, and even loss of limbs. No matter what type of injury you sustained, if another party is responsible for causing your injuries, you can hold them accountable.
Recover the compensation that is rightfully yours. When you are unsure of how to get started on your case, a Fort Washington, MD, pedestrian accident lawyer at the law offices of Adam M. Smallow can help. If our Fort Washington personal injury lawyers take on your case, you can rely on us to fight for justice and ensure you are compensated for every loss.
How Pedestrian Accident Victims in Fort Washington, MD, Are Compensated
There are multiple ways victims of pedestrian accidents in Fort Washington, MD, can be compensated. Typically, this includes filing an insurance claim and bringing your case to court. You may be able to avoid bringing your case to court if your personal injury lawyer can get the insurance company to settle your claim reasonably.
However, since insurance companies lose money by paying out on claims, it may be in your best interest to prepare to bring your case to court as well. Going to trial, there is no limit to the types and amounts of compensation you can be awarded. You have the right to be made whole when someone else is responsible for causing your pedestrian accident injuries. Some of the different types of losses that could be recovered include:
- Wages you lost due to your inability to work
- Reduced earning potential
- Loss of employee benefits, such as bonus pay, vacation pay, paid time off, health insurance, and retirement savings contributions
- Physical chronic pain
- Emotional suffering and mental anguish
- Damage to your personal property, such as your smartphone
- Full coverage of your medical bills, including future medical costs and medical equipment fees
For legal consultation with a pedestrian accident attorney in Fort Washington, call (410)777-8960
Benefits of Choosing Our Fort Washington, MD, Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
With our firm taking on your case, you can breathe easier with the peace of mind having an attorney brings. You will have a legal advocate in your corner fighting for maximum recovery.
You can rely on us to figure out who is responsible for causing your injuries, gather the powerful evidence needed to prove their liability, negotiate with the insurer on your behalf, and work diligently to build a compelling case so you can get the most out of your claim.
Client Case Results and Reviews
Having a Fort Washington, MD, pedestrian accident attorney at the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow take on your case could make all the difference. Here are some recent client reviews so you can hear from injury victims like you what to expect when you choose our firm to take on your case:
- “Adam Smallow provides exceptional legal work with prompt, personal service. Mr. Smallow is credible, honest, extremely hard-working, and knowledgeable. I highly recommend anyone in the Baltimore, MD area to use his firm!” -Dana
- “Mr. Smallow was the clear choice. I benefited from this choice by retaining a responsive and knowledgeable attorney. My fee was reasonable and for a lack of a better phrase, I truly felt as though he worked for it. Mr. Smallow demonstrated stellar follow-through by having the case expunged from my record (with no additional attorney fee). I would recommend Mr. Should I need counsel in the future, his office will be my first phone call.” -Jason
- “I am much more satisfied than I had expected. Once I contacted Mr. Smallow for my case everything went smoothly. My settlement was more than I had expected. I would recommend Mr. Smallow if you need a reliable injury attorney.” -Minassie K.
Fort Washington Pedestrian Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
Costs of Hiring a Fort Washington, MD, Pedestrian Accident Attorney
If you had concerns that you were not going to be able to afford to hire a pedestrian accident attorney in Fort Washington, MD, you can breathe a sigh of relief. At the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow, you can get a legal advocate on your side without having to worry about covering any upfront costs.
Many are hesitant to contact a lawyer for help because they believe they will need to put down a retainer of thousands of dollars. However, we understand that cash may be tight at this time, and you do not want to risk the money you do have When you are already struggling.
For this reason, we will handle all of your court costs, deposition fees, and any other out-of-pocket expenses that may arise as we fight for justice. Then, when we win, a percentage of your pedestrian accident settlement can be used to cover your attorney’s fees. However, if we do not win your pedestrian accident case, you will not have to pay anything in attorney’s fees.
How Long Will You Have to File Your Case?
Time is limited to file a pedestrian accident lawsuit in Maryland. When you’ve been hit by a car in Fort Washington, MD, you need to take action on your case as soon as possible if you hope to avoid being prohibited from having your case heard in civil court.
According to Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-101, the statute of limitations is generally just three years. This may seem like more than enough time to pursue your case. However, certain deadlines may impact the length of time you have to get your lawsuit filed. This could shorten the amount of time you have or result in a stay to the statute of limitations based on the circumstances of your case.
Since the statute of limitations can often be confusing for pedestrian accident victims, be sure to contact your lawyer when you have questions or concerns about the amount of time you have to file your lawsuit.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Get Help From a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Fort Washington, MD, Today
Your pedestrian accident may have had a substantial impact on your life financially, physically, and psychologically. The at-fault party can be ordered to repay you for your damages, so you have your best opportunity to put this traumatic experience behind you.
If you are ready to fight for the compensation that is rightfully yours, be sure to contact a Fort Washington, MD, pedestrian accident lawyer at the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow for a free consultation. You can get started as soon as today when you complete our online contact form or call our office.