If you were in a truck accident in Baltimore and suffered injuries, you may be able to compel one or more of the following parties to compensate you for your damages:
- The truck driver
- The trucking company they work for
- The maintenance company of the truck
- The manufacturer of the truck or the truck’s parts manufacturer
- A third party, such as another vehicle driver or a municipality
Truck accident cases can get complicated fast, but you do not have to burden yourself with figuring out who is liable. A truck accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow can help you with your case in Baltimore.
If you are interested in our legal services, we offer a free first consultation.
TAKE THESE STEPS AFTER A BALTIMORE TRUCK ACCIDENT
The choices you make after a truck accident in Baltimore can impact your case. Therefore, we recommend carefully considering each step you take. Follow this outline in the aftermath of your collision:
MOVE YOUR VEHICLE OUT OF TRAFFIC
Allowing your vehicle to remain in traffic could result in another accident. Therefore, it’s a good idea to move your car off the road or even to a nearby parking lot. However, you should not drive away from the scene of the accident.
Leaving the scene of a collision may lead to criminal charges in Baltimore.
CONTACT THE POLICE
Ensure that you report your collision to law enforcement agents. Police officers assess accidents in our area and file a report about what they believe happened. The report also serves as a paper trail of your accident.
The police report is a valuable part of your evidence file because it will contain critical information that helps us build your case:
- Contact information for the truck driver
- Contact information for any witnesses
- Road and weather conditions at the scene
- The accident’s date, time, and location
- The investigating officer’s notes and diagrams
- Police-generated photos and videos
We do not task you or your family with collecting evidence. Instead, our team will obtain a copy of your truck accident report for you. We also collect other evidence related to your case so you can focus on your physical and emotional recovery.
GET EVIDENCE RIGHT AWAY
Much of the evidence associated with a truck accident disappears as soon as you leave the scene of the collision. You can preserve the evidence by taking pictures of:
- Your injuries
- The position of all vehicles involved in the accident
- The damage to your vehicles
- Any hazards that contributed to the collision
We also recommend that you get contact information from any witnesses and drivers involved in the accident. However, limit your time talking to other drivers and do not admit fault for the collision.
SEEK MEDICAL TREATMENT
Did you or someone else in your vehicle sustain an injury during a truck accident? Make sure that you get medical care for your injuries. Prompt care helps a lawyer show that the accident directly caused your:
- Broken bones
- Cuts, bruises, or abrasions
- Internal injuries or organ damage
- Head, back, or spine injuries
In some situations, you may even need to call an ambulance.
GET LEGAL ASSISTANCE
Finally, you have the opportunity to secure legal assistance right away after your truck accident. Our truck accident attorneys in Baltimore put you first and consider the impact of the accident on your life.
It’s easy to contact us if you call, email, or use our 24/7 text line. We’ll begin answering your legal questions today.
For legal consultation with a truck accident attorney in Baltimore, call (410)777-8960
DON’T RISK PUTTING YOUR CASE IN JEOPARDY
While you might think it is obvious that your injuries occurred in the truck accident, the opposing side may have various counterarguments that could pin some fault on you. Our team wants to help you avoid that, so we will review your case thoroughly to anticipate what the defense might be.
For example, we may conduct a private investigation to gather evidence that shows how you were an innocent victim. This evidence might include:
- Retrieving video footage of the accident from traffic cameras, surveillance cameras of nearby establishments, and dashboard cameras
- Interviewing witnesses who saw the accident
- Consulting accident reconstruction analysts for their expert opinion
- Retrieving black box information and the truck driver’s driving records
- Retrieving test results for blood or breathalyzer tests if alcohol or drug consumption is suspected
- Retrieving cell phone records if texting while driving is suspected
A truck accident lawyer from our team will do the work to help make your case strong against the liable party or parties in Baltimore.
Baltimore Truck Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
COMMON CAUSES OF TRUCK ACCIDENTS IN BALTIMORE
Determining the cause of your truck accident can help your lawyer build your claim. Our team assessing all the evidence surrounding your collision to determine if a truck driver caused the wreck by:
- Swerving between lanes
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Exceeding the speed limit
- Backing up without checking their mirrors
Many of these accidents occur when truck drivers operate a vehicle while tired, distracted, or under the influence of alcohol or drugs. In any of these situations, truck drivers cannot put their full attention on the road.
We also help with claims involving negligence by trucking companies or even truck manufacturers. Find out more by reaching out to a Baltimore truck accident attorney.
YOU MAY BE ABLE TO RECOVER YOUR FINANCIAL LOSSES AND MORE
Beyond building a strong case, you will also need to know how much compensation to pursue – as the answer is not always direct. Besides suffering bodily injuries and property damage, how much damage did you really suffer? How does this translate into a dollar figure?
You’d be surprised by what you could qualify to receive as a truck accident victim. Each case is different, which is why we take the time to ask how the accident affected you personally. For some people, the amount of debt they’re facing is overwhelming. For others, the trauma has changed them forever.
Your damages are valid, and we want to help you get compensation for them.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
OUR TRUCK ACCIDENT LAWYER WILL PROVE THE AT-FAULT PARTY’S NEGLIGENCE
Truck accident cases can become complicated since there can be multiple at-fault parties, and you might have a valid claim against one or more. To ensure you build a case against the appropriate party, we prove the following elements of neglect:
- Duty: The at-fault party owed you a reasonable duty of care.
- Breach: The at-fault party’s actions breached their responsibility.
- Causation: The at-fault party’s actions caused your injuries.
- Damages: The at-fault party’s actions caused your financial harm.
Our law firm will build a compelling evidence file that proves the negligence that led to your accident. We also organize and submit the evidence we collect for you and use it to steer your case toward a financial settlement versus a lengthy trial.
DAMAGES YOU MAY BE ABLE TO RECOVER
Below is a list of potential damages you may be able to claim for compensation:
- Medical treatment expenses
- Property damage costs, such as vehicle repairs or replacement
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disability or physical disfigurement
- Current and future income loss
- Diminished earning potential
- Mileage costs to travel to medical appointments
- Diminished quality of life
- Psychological trauma
- Emotional anguish
Other damages not listed here may also apply to your case, which we will discuss in future consultations.
DAMAGES RELATED TO WRONGFUL DEATH
Families pursuing compensation for the death of their loved one may qualify for other damages. These are factors in how the deceased individual (referred to as the “decedent”) contributed to the family both financially and emotionally and the impact their death had on surviving loved ones.
Wrongful death damages can include:
- The decedent’s financial contribution to the family
- Funeral expenses, including costs to bury or cremate the decedent
- Loss of emotional support, love, and guidance from the decedent
- Loss of consortium
CASE UPDATES OUR LEGAL TEAM PROVIDES
Your truck accident case can involve myriad moving parts. In addition, we understand how anxious and stressful it can feel to wait for the resolution of your case. So, we make sure you get timely updates as your case progresses.
We will update you when:
- The at-fault party communicates with us
- We communicate with them on your behalf
- An insurer or defense attorney makes an offer or counteroffer
We will inform you immediately when your case resolves, and compensation disburses. We will never leave you guessing about the progress of your case.
OUR LAW FIRM WORKS HARD TO EARN 5-STAR CLIENT REVIEWS
When our previous clients leave online reviews for our law firm, they talk about our commitment to outstanding client results. They say the following:
- “This office has been great. The communication is unmatched. They keep you informed every step of the way. Any issues or concerns I have had are answered fully and honestly. The best part for me is they are able to text you updates on your case and receive text replies as well.” — Brittany S.
- “I cannot begin to thank Adam Smallow and his office staff…enough for the time and effort that they put into resolving my case…Adam was able to secure a settlement for me that was EXPONENTIALLY greater than any figure that I could estimate.” — Devin M.
Browse our client reviews page to read more testimonials or hear from some of our previous clients in their own words via our video reviews.
LET A TRUCK ACCIDENT LAWYER FROM OUR TEAM FIGHT FOR YOU
Our team at the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow is ready to help you take on the liable party in your Baltimore truck accident case, whether that involves the truck driver, trucking company, or both. It can be intimidating to challenge a business, but we will stand by your side to help you fight for the compensation you deserve.
Contact us today for a free case review. A truck accident lawyer in Baltimore, MD, can get started on your case as soon as today.