After a slip and fall accident on someone else’s property, you could have significant injuries. Because of your injuries, you might face substantial medical bills and have to miss work, causing you financial strain. Luckily, you could recover compensation from the property owner. You deserve justice if their property was unsafe and they did not warn you.
A slip and fall accident lawyer serving Fort Washington, MD, can help you through a claim. The personal injury attorneys at our firm have handled many similar cases and can take the proper steps to get you the money you need.
Benefits of Working With a Fort Washington, MD, Slip and Fall Attorney From the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow
If you sustained an injury because of someone else’s careless actions, we understand what you’re going through. Getting injured suddenly is a traumatic experience that could impact you physically and emotionally for the rest of your life. Therefore, not only should you receive compensation for your physical well-being, but also your mental well-being.
We are committed to helping you pick up the pieces so you can move forward without worrying about the financial consequences of your injuries. Some of the main benefits of working with our firm include the following:
- We are very responsive communicators. When you need to get ahold of your attorney, they can answer your question or get back to you quickly. In addition to phone calls and emails, we provide our clients with a unique text number for 24/7 support.
- Our clients are our number one priority. We care deeply about our clients and helping them after an accident. We treat each case like it’s our own. With us by your side, you know you’ll get the compassionate legal care you need after a traumatic accident.
- After you sustain an injury, you need the best medical care possible. Our law firm can suggest highly qualified medical providers to which we would send our own families to.
- Our legal team works tirelessly on behalf of our clients to maximize compensation for your injuries. Insurance companies have never been more difficult than they are today. We understand insurance companies’ tactics to get people to accept low offers. We can protect you from bad faith practices.
We understand the impacts an accident can have on your life and your loved ones. that is why we will fight for the most compensation possible in your case.
Do I Need an Attorney After a Slip and Fall Accident?
After a slip and fall accident on someone else’s property, you might wonder if you need an attorney. Although the insurance company may offer you a settlement soon after the accident, an attorney can ensure you don’t accept anything less than you deserve. There are several steps our team can take to ensure you do everything you can to present a strong case. They include:
- Investigate: Our team can review the accident report to determine what happened. We can also interview witnesses to corroborate your version of events. Our investigation can include reviewing the evidence from the scene and determining if there is any video surveillance footage we can view.
- Build a case: Our team can build a case against the liable party using the evidence collected from the investigation. Property owners must keep their property well-maintained to avoid visitors getting injured.
- Identify damages: By identifying your damages, our team can get a better idea of the value of your case. Once we have this value, we will know how much compensation to fight for with the opposing party.
- Negotiate: Once we know the value of your damages, we can use that number to negotiate with the opposing party. Our team can advocate aggressively on your behalf to ensure you receive as much compensation as possible for your losses.
Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-101 states you have three years from the accident date to file a lawsuit against the liable party. While our goal is to settle your case outside of court, we want to ensure we have enough time if a lawsuit is necessary. That is why it’s important to reach out to an attorney soon after your accident to give us ample time to build your case.
For legal consultation with a slip and fall accident attorney in Fort Washington, call (410)777-8960
Damages You Could Recover After a Slip and Fall Accident
After sustaining an injury on someone else’s property, you could recover compensation. The value of compensation you could recover depends on the damages you incurred. Damages you could recover through a slip and fall accident claim include:
- Medical bills
- Rehabilitative costs for physical therapy or occupational therapy
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment
To ensure you recover the maximum compensation, we can identify every loss you suffered so you can recoup it.
Fort Washington Slip and Fall Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
How to Prove the Property Owner’s Negligence Caused the Accident
To prove negligence, you must show that the property owner has satisfied all its elements. Our attorneys can build a case to prove the property owner’s negligence caused your injuries. The elements of negligence include:
- Duty of care: The property owner owed you a duty of care to keep their property safe and well maintained.
- Breach of Duty: The property owner breached their duty by not keeping their property safe. They also did not properly warn you about the potential hazards on the property if they knew about them.
- Causation: The breach of duty caused you to sustain injuries. You would not have sustained injuries if the property owner did not breach their duty.
- Damages: You sustained damages, such as medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, emotional distress, and loss of enjoyment because of your injuries.
When you choose a slip and fall accident lawyer serving Fort Washington, MD, you can rest assured we will take care of the legal matters. This way, your only focus is on recovering from your injuries.
Contact Our Firm Today for a Free Consultation
Contact our firm for a free consultation to learn more about your legal options. During the consultation, we can discuss what happened and provide information about how our team can help you. After the consultation, you can determine if we are the right fit to take on your case.