If you or a family member was injured or if a family member lost their life due to a truck driving accident, our personal injury team can help you seek financial compensation from the at-fault party. With our assistance and support, you can recover your medical expenses and recoup your injury-related income loss. We can also determine the value of your physical and emotional pain and suffering.
Our truck accident attorney in Havre de Grace, MD, and our team at the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow will help you assign an accurate monetary value to your case. We will also help you establish the at-fault party’s negligence and financial liability. By building an evidence file that supports your right to compensation, we handle the details of your financial compensation while you concentrate on your physical recovery.
Financial Compensation After a Truck Accident in Havre de Grace
Research from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) indicates that passenger car occupants are far more likely to suffer serious or fatal injuries in vehicle versus truck collisions. The injuries you sustain can require emergency and ongoing health care, physical therapy, and rehabilitation expenses. When our truck accident team helps you build a case against the at-fault party, we help you recover these expenses.
In addition to recovering your short-term and long-term treatment costs, the at-fault party’s liability also entitles you to the following recoverable damages:
- Current and future loss of income
- Physical disability or disfigurement
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional anguish
- Property damage or destruction
- In-home medical or household aid
To prove the cost of your economic and non-economic damages, our team will compile medical bills, paycheck stubs, property repair or replacements costs, and other documentation on your behalf. While we handle these details, you can concentrate on restoring your physical health.
Request Financial Compensation Within the Allotted Time
When we build your compensation case, we ensure it complies with Maryland’s statute of limitations. Meeting the filing deadline is as important as accurately defining the cost of your injuries; failing to meet it could prevent you from being compensated. Depending on the outcome of the accident, the following statutes of limitations will apply:
- Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-101 generally lets you file your personal injury lawsuit within three years of the accident date if you or a family member was injured.
- Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 3-904 generally lets you file your wrongful death lawsuit within three years of the date of the accident-related demise of a family member.
In addition to complying with the filing deadline, getting our team involved in your case right away also means we have time to locate and interview witnesses while their memories are still vivid. It can also mean we can investigate the accident scene and canvass the area for smartphone or residential and commercial surveillance video that recorded your accident, if available.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Havre de Grace, call (410)886-6215
Working with Our Maryland Legal Team on Your Truck Accident has Benefits
Fighting for financial compensation after a truck accident can be stressful and challenging. Our personal injury team understands the physical toll your injuries can take. We also understand the emotional toll that follows accident-related injuries and the loss of a loved one. To ensure you have time to recuperate, we will:
- Compile the documents to help prove your case
- Calculate the financial value of the case
- Negotiate a favorable monetary settlement
Our truck accident attorney will also represent you in court if a settlement cannot be reached. Our MD Accident Law team representing clients in Havre de Grace, MD, will work diligently to ensure you get the guidance you need.
Our Team Will Handle the Details of Your Case
When you hire our law firm, you get more than legal support. We also make sure every aspect of your case is handled with care and compassion. Because your crash report can play a critical role in proving the cause of the accident, our team orders it for you. We will also:
- Maintain open lines of communication via phone, email, and 24/7 text communication
- Recommend health care providers we trust with our own friends and family members
Maryland is one of only four U.S. states with contributory negligence laws. Because assigning even a single percent of the cause of the accident to you could prohibit you from collecting any compensation at all, we fight hard to identify the at-fault party and prove their financial liability.
We Will Identify the At-Fault or Liable Party
A truck accident can be difficult to investigate, and its cause can be challenging to prove. In the aftermath of a truck accident in Havre de Grace, it can also be hard to identify the at-fault party on your own. Potential at-fault parties include:
- The truck driver or the company that employs them
- The company that manufactured the truck
- The manufacturer of its parts and components
Financial liability is built on establishing the at-fault party’s duty, breach, cause, and damages. When we investigate your accident, we help prove whose actions led to the collision. Then we help you seek compensation from the right person or entity.
Client Testimonials and Reviews
Personal injury cases are about more than legal knowledge and guidance. They also require compassion and understanding. When they talk about their experience with our team, clients we served in the past say:
- “The professionalism and service I’ve received from Adam Smallow has exceeded my expectations…I’ve had experiences with other personal attorneys in the past, and Adam is without a doubt the best I’ve ever worked with. I highly recommend this law office and everyone on the staff.” – Joe Bakhtar
- “This is the best lawyer that I have ever had. He’s a good hard worker and is for the people, not himself…This will be the 3rd time he has represented me and I’m very happy with his service…call my lawyer Adam Smallow…he’ll get the job done fast and accurately.” – Steven L
- “Once I contacted Mr. Smallow for my case everything went smoothly. Not only are all my injured pains gone, but my settlement was more than I have expected. I would recommend Mr. Smallow if you need a reliable injury attorney.” – Minassie K.
We will treat you and your truck accident case with the same respect we showed each of these clients. Our goal during representation is to negotiate a financial resolution that lets you get a fresh start.
Havre de Grace Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (410)886-6215
Contact One of Our Team Members for Your Free Case Review
Put our truck accident attorney to work for you by contacting one of our team members in Havre de Grace, MD. Contact one of our personal injury team members at the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow by calling (410) 777-8960 today.