When a commercial truck ends up in an accident, the consequences are often serious for victims. The weight and size of the semi-truck can lead to significant trauma for those in the other vehicles.
If the truck driver behaved negligently or recklessly, leading to the crash, the victims have the right to seek compensation. Our truck accident attorney in Bel Air South, MD, will work tirelessly to prove your case and ensure you have the strongest chance at receiving an award that meets your needs. We can review your legal options during a free case evaluation.
Damages You Could Recover in a Bel Air South, MD, Truck Accident
In a personal injury case involving a truck crash, injuries can add up quickly for the victims. Those with the most serious injuries that put people out of work or linger for a long time may be able to recover the largest settlement amounts.
Some cases settle for a few thousand dollars, while others will reach seven-figure amounts. Our truck accident Bel Air South lawyers will work as hard as we can to collect facts in the case and seek to recover a settlement for you. We take pride in defending the rights of accident victims.
For legal consultation with a truck accident attorney in Bel Air South, call (410)777-8960
Common Injuries After a Truck Accident
Determining which injuries are the most serious and can affect your potential truck accident claim is a key part of seeking compensation. If your injuries significantly affect your ability to enjoy life, you might be able to seek a larger settlement.
When the truck driver hits your car, some of the major injuries you may suffer, according to Johns Hopkins Medicine, include:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Spinal cord and back injuries
- Neck injuries
- Broken bones
- Internal organ injuries
- Amputation of limbs
- Facial trauma
- Loss of sight or hearing
Receiving a Doctor’s Analysis of Your Injuries
After suffering an accident with a semi-truck, you may need transportation to the hospital in an ambulance for emergency care. You may choose to visit the doctor on your own within the next day or two. Either way, you will need to visit a doctor after the accident.
You need a full account of your injuries. Having a doctor’s treatment plan in hand can help your case for a settlement. You should then follow the doctor’s plan for care without missing appointments. Should you choose not to follow the doctor’s care instructions, the insurance company can say that your injuries are not as serious as you claim them to be.
If you are unhappy with your doctor’s recovery plan for you, our Bel Air South truck accident attorneys can help you find a doctor or another medical professional who could help with your particular injuries.
Bel Air South Truck Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
We do Not Require Our Clients to Pay Us Ahead of Time
If you are missing work because of your injuries and you have no source of income, the idea of hiring a truck accident lawyer may seem out of your reach.
Our MD Accident Law team knows this. We do not want to create additional financial problems for you. That is why we work on a contingency fee basis in these cases. We do not take any money upfront. Instead, we collect a fee only if we win a judgment for you.
Our Truck Accident Lawyers Will Give Our Clients Multiple Types of Benefits
You can count on our team to provide the best possible representation in your truck accident case. We have a number of areas where we can help you, including:
- Compassionate representation: Insurance companies are notorious for treating victims poorly, almost making it seem as though you did something wrong. We will treat you with the professionalism and respect you deserve.
- Constant communication: We work hard to keep our clients fully informed about the progress of their cases. We communicate with our clients in whatever way makes them most comfortable, including text, telephone, or email.
- Experience in accident cases: Our team has extensive experience in all kinds of personal injury cases. We know how insurance companies try to treat victims, and we can use our experience to help you have the best chance at success.
- Negotiating on your behalf: We take pride in our negotiating skills. Many personal injury cases involving truck crashes end up with a negotiated settlement rather than going to trial. We will aim to negotiate a favorable settlement with the insurance company for you.
- Representing you at trial: Should the insurance company refuse to agree to a fair settlement, we will represent your interests at trial. Some truck accident attorneys in Bel Air South may try to avoid going to trial at all costs, but we do not use that philosophy. We will go to trial when it is in your interest and when you want to follow that path.
Click to contact our Bel Air South Personal Injury Attorneys today
Keeping Your Case on Rrack
Some insurers attempt to drag out the case rather than trying to reach a final resolution quickly. They know that victims often want to settle as fast as possible. The insurer does not have to pay any money to you until you sign a settlement.
We understand the techniques an insurer uses. We will work diligently to keep the insurer moving the negotiations forward. However, we will not attempt to settle the case until we know the full extent of your injuries, ensuring you receive an appropriate settlement.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Will Meet All of Your Case’s Legal Deadlines
In Maryland, victims in personal injury cases have up to three years to start the process of filing a claim, as specified in Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-101. We will make sure your claim fits within this deadline. If you are beyond the deadline, contact us, as exceptions may apply to your case.
Call Us Today for a Free Consultation in Your Bel Air South, MD, Truck Accident
At the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow, our team will put your needs first. We have won multiple awards for our clients over the years. When crafting a plan for your case, we will rely on our past successes while also tailoring our representation to match your needs.
For a free consultation, call our team today at (410) 777-8960.
Call or text (410)777-8960 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form