If you were injured or lost a loved one because of a truck accident, the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow can stand by your side as you seek justice. We know how an accident can turn your life upside down, and we will fight to ensure you and your family do not suffer further due to someone else’s mistake.
If another party’s negligent actions caused your collision, our Ellicott City personal injury lawyer will hold them responsible with a personal injury claim or lawsuit. We will pursue the compensation you deserve for your medical bills, pain and suffering, and more. Our team will focus on your case, leaving you free to concentrate on your recovery and your family.
How Can the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow Serve You?
For more than a decade, Attorney Adam M. Smallow has helped accident victims secure the financial awards they need to get their lives back on track. We will support you through every step of your case, from investigating your truck accident to negotiating a fair settlement.
Our goal is to achieve the most advantageous case resolution possible for you and your family while minimizing your legal burden. We can help if you or your loved one sustained injuries in a truck accident on Main Street, Columbia Pike, Montgomery Road, or anywhere else in Ellicott City.
We Will Identify and Recover Your Damages
Our Ellicott City truck accident lawyers will review your receipts, bills, and pay stubs to identify and calculate your damages. We may also work with economists, vocational experts, and doctors to estimate a fair sum for your ongoing losses. Truck accident compensation may include:
- Medical expenses. You should not pay out of pocket for your current medical bills or expected future medical needs. Our lawyers can recover awards for emergency transportation and treatment, surgeries, hospital stays, doctor and specialist visits, medications, medical devices, mobility aids, physical therapy, long-term nursing services, lifecare expenses, and any other necessary treatment.
- Lost wages. We can secure compensation for your back pay and lost tips, bonuses, benefits, and other earnings. In addition, if your truck accident injury prevents you from returning to your previous job or from working in any capacity, we can seek awards for the loss of your future earning potential.
- Pain and suffering. Pain and suffering damages (also called non-economic damages) provide compensation for intangible losses. We can seek pain and suffering awards for permanent and disabling physical injuries, depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and other quality-of-life reductions.
- Vehicle damages and miscellaneous losses. Our attorney will pursue the cost of fixing or replacing your damaged vehicle. We will also identify other expenses stemming from your collision, including rental car fees, household services, medically-necessary home or vehicle modifications, and accident-related travel expenses.
- Wrongful death. You can recover compensation if your loved one suffered a fatal truck accident injury. Wrongful death damages may include medical bills, funeral and burial expenses, loss of your loved one’s financial support, and non-economic damages.
We Will Prove Another Party Is Liable for Your Truck Accident
Accidents involving trucks and commercial motor vehicles often involve multiple at-fault parties. The vehicle driver that hit you may be liable, but so may their employer and other entities involved with the truck and its cargo. Potentially liable parties in a truck accident may include:
- The truck driver
- A third-party motorist
- A trucking company
- A shipping company/the entity that owns or loaded the truck’s cargo
- A truck mechanic or truck maintenance company
- A truck or vehicle parts manufacturer
- A private or government roadway owner
Whoever caused your crash, our Ellicott City truck accident lawyers will prove it using evidence and their knowledge of the law. Our team will:
- Collect evidence, such as police reports, medical records, surveillance video, and physical data from the crash site
- Locate and interview eyewitnesses
- Hire relevant case experts who can testify on your behalf
- Send a spoliation letter to the trucking company demanding they preserve evidence, including employment records, driver alcohol/drug testing results, and the truck’s “black box” recorder
- Photograph your injuries (with your permission) and vehicle damages
We Will Advocate for You and Your Loved Ones
We know that medical bills, vehicle repairs, and other accident-related damages can be a huge source of stress, especially if you cannot work because of your injury. The last thing we want is to add legal issues or expenses to your plate. Therefore, our personal injury attorneys will handle every detail of your case – at no upfront cost. We work on contingency, meaning we only get paid once we obtain compensation for you.
Our team will:
- Draft and file your insurance claims
- Track and manage case deadlines
- Attend meetings and make appearances for you when necessary
- Handle phone calls and emails with insurance agents and opposing attorneys
- Negotiate on your behalf
- File a lawsuit and represent you in civil court if it comes to litigation
Furthermore, we put client service at the center of everything we do. Our lawyers will provide you with regular and timely case updates, and we will give you a unique phone number that allows you to reach out 24/7 with questions.
For legal consultation with a truck accident attorney in Ellicott City, call (410)777-8960
You Have a Limited Time to Pursue a Maryland Truck Accident Case
According to Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-101, you have three years to file a personal injury lawsuit. Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 3-904 allows three years to take action for a loved one’s wrongful death. An expired statute of limitations will hurt your chances of securing an insurance settlement and bar you from pursuing compensation in court.
We can help you get started on your case before time runs out. The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can get to work preserving evidence and building your case.
Ellicott City Truck Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
Contact the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow Today
Contact the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow to learn more about our Ellicott City truck accident lawyers. A member of our team is available 24/7 to take your call and schedule a free, no-obligation case evaluation.