A sudden, unexpected accident caused by another person’s negligence can leave you with serious and costly injuries. While you cope with your physical trauma and possible property damage, an Ellicott City personal injury lawyer from our team might be able to help you start the financial compensation process.
What Our Team will Do for You
Our team gathers evidence to prove the at-fault driver’s liability and presents it to the driver and their insurance company with our demand for compensation. To comply with Maryland law, the evidence we compile should prove the at-fault driver’s:
- Duty to provide reasonable care
- Breach of their responsibility
- Role in the incident that led to your physical injuries
- Responsibility for your financial damages
You are not in the fight for financial recovery on your own. Let the personal injury team from the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow help you establish the at-fault driver’s responsibility and your right to negligence-based compensation.
You Could Run Out of Time to Seek Compensation
Preparing, proving, and filing a lawsuit for financial compensation requires compliance with the state’s statute of limitations, or filing deadline. The exact timeline for your lawsuit will depend on a few different factors. Filing deadlines in Maryland that may apply are as follows:
- The personal injury statute of limitations is generally three years, according to Maryland Courts and Judicial Proceedings Code §5-101
- The wrongful death statute of limitations is generally three years, according to Maryland Courts and Judicial Proceedings Code §3-904
- The medical malpractice statute of limitations is generally five years, according to Maryland Courts and Judicial Proceedings Code §5-109
Each of these types of lawsuits may fall under the personal injury category. In addition, the circumstances of your accident may dictate a change to the general timeline. Our team can help you understand the relevant timeline and how it impacts your lawsuit when we review your case.
Do Not Hesitate to Put Our Team to Work
With early notice of your intention to seek compensation after an injury, our team can help you meet the statute of limitations. In addition, getting involved in your case early allows us to:
- Investigate the accident scene
- Promptly interview witnesses
- Canvas for smartphone footage
- Search for surveillance video
The sooner our team starts working on your personal injury lawsuit, the more time we have to conduct a thorough investigation. Your personal injury claim may also benefit from additional time to weigh and consider each settlement offer you receive. Our goal is to ensure you receive the favorable financial settlement you deserve.
Establish the Value of Your Lawsuit
Any accident or incident that leads to injuries might seriously impact your physical appearance or ability to go about your daily life. It might also take an emotional toll on you and the people who love you. You deserve compensation not only for your physical trauma but for the emotional trauma as well. When we calculate your recoverable damages, we will consider:
- Current and upcoming income loss
- Current and upcoming medical bills
- Property damage or destruction
- Lasting physical disfigurement
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional distress
- In-home domestic and medical assistance
Calculating the cost of your tangible expenses can be complicated when the bills and estimates stem from a variety of sources. It might also be difficult to assign an accurate value to your intangible expenses.
An Ellicott City personal injury lawyer from our team can help ensure your lawsuit is accurately valued and any settlement you agree to is favorable. Our case assessment team at the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow can assess the monetary value of your potential compensation package.
Compile and Organize Proof of the At-Fault Party’s Liability
Our team takes your physical recovery as seriously as we take your financial recovery. We recommend highly qualified health care providers—the same ones we would recommend to our own family. While you concentrate on getting better, we work hard to establish your right to financial recovery by:
- Handling all insurance claim forms
- Building an evidence file of supporting documents
- Taking or obtaining injury and accident scene photos
- Locating and interviewing available witnesses
We provide open lines of communication so you can reach us via phone and email anytime. In addition, we provide a unique text number to each client so you can contact our team around the clock. We also make sure you receive attentive, responsive legal assistance and keep you informed as your case progresses.
What Our Clients Say
When you trust our team with your personal injury lawsuit, we fight by your side for the financial compensation you are entitled to due to the at-fault party’s negligence. Our online reviews and testimonials speak to our dedication to outstanding client service:
- “Mr. Smallow is absolutely the best! He truly fights to obtain the very best results for his clients. His team are truly top notch – keeping you informed every step of the way.”
- “I highly recommend! Adam truly helped our family in a time of need. He was able to right a wrong and we received a judgment against a very tough insurance company that way exceeded our expectations!”
- “Since switching over to Adam’s law office they’ve gotten more done in a week than what another company could do in six months.”
We work hard to help our injured clients get the monetary compensation they deserve. If you are ready to assign financial liability to the person who caused your injuries, our team is ready to fight by your side.
You Do Not Have to Fight for Compensation Alone
If you or someone you love was injured because of someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to financial compensation. An Ellicott City personal injury lawyer on our team could help you file an effective claim for financial compensation against the at-fault party.
Contact the client intake team at the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow by calling (410) 777-8960 to get a free initial consultation today. While we focus on building your lawsuit, you can focus on healing.