If you or someone you love was injured in a collision with a large truck, determining your next steps can be complicated. You may need direction and support to identify the right party to pursue for compensation and accurately catalog your recoverable damages. We are familiar with truck accident cases, which means we know how to build your case and fight for the negligence-based compensation you deserve.
The Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow will support you in your pursuit of compensation. Our Bowie truck accident lawyer will determine whether the driver, his employer, or the truck’s manufacturer is responsible for compensating you. We will also assess and calculate the monetary value of your claim, compile the documents that prove it, and present your compensation request to the at-fault driver or their insurance company.
Types of Recoverable Damages We Pursue in Truck Accidents
Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) research and statistics show that when passenger cars and large trucks collide, the drivers and passengers of the smaller vehicles are much more likely to suffer serious injury than the truck driver and occupants. Smaller vehicle occupants are also more likely to suffer fatal injuries. When our truck accident lawyers fight to help you recover damages, they include:
- Current and future medical bills
- Current and future lost wages
- Property damage or loss
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional anxiety
If you lost a loved one in a truck accident, you have our condolences and full support. We will request the following wrongful death damages for you:
- Funeral expenses
- Burial expenses
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of companionship
- Pain and suffering
In addition to assigning a value to your injuries, we make sure nothing is omitted from your request. We also make sure your request is submitted timely in accordance with the statute of limitations in Maryland.
The Impact of Contributory Negligence on Your Compensation Request
Contributory negligence is a legal principle that can prevent you from receiving any compensation if the at-fault party accuses you of bearing any degree of fault for contributing to the accident.
Because Maryland is one of only four states in the US that has contributory negligence laws, we will:
- Conduct a thorough investigation into your case
- Locate and interview accident witnesses
- Prove the at-fault driver bears 100% responsibility
Our goal is to protect your right to obtain financial compensation. When we represent you, we leave no stone unturned in our quest to collect damages for you. We also make sure you are not adversely impacted by contributory negligence laws for an accident that was not your fault.
The Impact of Timing on Your Truck Accident Claim
Building a strong case file that proves your right to compensation helps you seek compensation after an accident with a large truck. However, failing to file your lawsuit on time could prevent you from receiving that compensation. In Maryland, one of the following statutes of limitations will determine your filing deadline:
- Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-101 generally entitles you to up to three years from the date of the accident to file your personal injury lawsuit.
- Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 3-904 generally entitles you to up to three years from the date of a loved one’s demise to file your wrongful death lawsuit.
With enough notice, our truck accident attorney ensures compliance with the statute of limitations and avoids the penalties of filing your lawsuit late, which can include the inability to file your lawsuit at all. We also examine your case for any circumstances that may alter the statute of limitations.
For legal consultation with a truck accident attorney in Bowie, call (410)777-8960
How Our Truck Accident Lawyer Helps Clients in Bowie
The Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow believes everyone injured by someone else’s negligence deserves compensation. To foster your right to recovery and steer your case toward an insurance settlement versus a trial, we will:
- Identify the negligent party
- Prove the extent of your damages
- Negotiate with the at-fault party
- Complete and submit claim forms
- Handle all case-related communication
We also explain our contingency fee agreement upfront and with total transparency. Our goal is to let you start your fight for compensation without adding to the accident’s financial strain.
We Support Every Aspect of Your Claim
Your truck accident case matters to every member of our law firm, so we make you and your financial recovery a priority. When we say we handle every aspect of your case, we mean it. We will:
- Obtain a copy of your police report
- Obtain your medical records and bills
- Recommend health care providers
We do not recommend random health care providers – we refer you to the same ones we send our friends and family members to for care. We also make sure you can reach your lawyer at your convenience via telephone and email. You even get a unique-to-you text number for around-the-clock communication.
We are Committed to Building an Effective Case for You
One of the best ways to learn about working with our legal team is by hearing from previous clients. They say:
- “Adam Smallow provides exceptional legal work with prompt, personal service. Mr. Smallow is credible, honest, extremely hard-working, and knowledgeable. I highly recommend anyone in the Baltimore, MD area to use his firm!” – Dana
- “There are plenty of good lawyers in a world populated at just under 7 billion, but Adam Smallow is EXTRAordinary. His ‘EXTRA’ resides in his humanity, integrity, and work ethic… having a lawyer that can be GREAT! Adam Smallow is my choice; make him yours’.” – Cameron
You can read more about our commitment to client service and support on our client reviews and testimonials page today.
Bowie Truck Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
Speak to a Truck Accident Attorney in Bowie About Your Legal Options Today
If you or someone you love was injured in a truck accident in Bowie, the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow will help you navigate the legal process. Call our truck accident lawyer to discuss your legal options during a free case review at (410) 777-8960.