After a pedestrian accident in Bowie, Maryland, you have the right to hire a lawyer to help you hold the liable party accountable and file a case for financial compensation. Adam M. Smallow would be glad to represent you in this matter.
Recovering damages from the at-fault party could make life easier for your family as you work to put your lives back together. You can rely on our Bowie personal injury lawyer to handle your case while you recuperate in peace. Call us today at (410) 777-8960 for a free consultation.
Your Family Deserves Damages After a Bowie Pedestrian Accident
While you have borne the brunt of the pedestrian accident, your entire family is now suffering the consequences of the at-fault party’s carelessness. Our Bowie pedestrian accident lawyer can pursue two main types of damages to help you get back on your feet. These are economic and non-economic damages.
Economic Damages for Pedestrian Accident Survivors
Traffic accidents can wreak havoc on your family’s financial stability. If you have experienced any of the following, you could be entitled to compensation:
- Your injuries require expensive medical treatments that your healthcare coverage may not pay for.
- You are temporarily unable to work as much as you used to do. This could mean you have to take time off or that you have to work light duty.
- You are permanently unable to return to work or to earn the full salary that your family is used to receiving and relies on to make ends meet.
- You have had to spend money on services you never needed before, such as hiring a babysitter to watch your kids while you are receiving treatment.
Non-economic Damages for Pedestrian Accident Survivors
Non-economic damages are often far worse for a crash survivor to deal with than monetary losses. This type of compensation provides additional assistance to your family on the basis of the following:
- Your injuries caused you a great deal of unnecessary physical pain.
- The accident and the injuries both caused emotional anguish that has affected your mood, mental health, and relationships with loved ones.
- You are no longer able to take care of or enjoy leisure time with loved ones, or you must now rely on loved ones to help you with basic living tasks.
- Temporary and/or permanent disabilities have altered your ability to move or to interact with others in healthy ways.
For legal consultation with a pedestrian accident attorney in Bowie, call (410)777-8960
Our Lawyers Can Manage Your Bowie Pedestrian Accident Case
At MD Accident Law, we care deeply about our clients and always strive to provide a comfortable, stress-free experience by:
- Collecting all necessary materials: You do not have to worry about requesting documentation from the police, your doctor, or any other source. We can gather all of the evidence we need to build up your casefile.
- Recommending high-quality doctors: Having trouble finding a doctor to treat your injuries? Let us know. Our medical-legal partnerships give us access to many excellent providers.
- Giving you 24/7 access to our staff: Every one of our clients gets a special phone number they can use to text us questions. This number is monitored all day, every day, so you do not have to wait long for a response.
- Deferring all attorney’s fees: Not only is the initial evaluation completely free even if you do not hire our firm, we never charge attorney’s fees until we get money for our client. If you do not get paid, neither do we.
Adam M. Smallow Takes Care of Everything for Bowie Clients
It is our job to handle all of the day-to-day aspects of our clients’ legal cases while, at the same time, keeping those clients in the loop and helping them make important legal decisions. We are prepared to take on such tasks as:
- Filing and receiving paperwork, from demand letters to settlement agreements
- Communicating with all of the involved parties, including the liable party and their insurance company
- Seeking enough evidence to establish the liable party’s identity and the monetary value of your injuries
- Negotiating with the insurer for the settlement your family needs and deserves to maintain your standard of living
- Taking the at-fault party to court, if that turns out to be the best way of seeking your damages
Bowie Pedestrian Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
How Bowie Residents Can Protect Themselves After a Pedestrian Crash
After a pedestrian accident, there is no time to waste. The three most urgent things to do in order to protect yourself and your legal rights are to:
- Get medical help. Pedestrians are at risk of severe, even fatal injuries because they have no real protection from the impact of a large, heavy vehicle. You can spare yourself a lot of pain and suffering by seeing a doctor right away.
- Say as little as possible. You may have to answer police questions about the crash, and you should be honest with your doctor about how you are feeling. Aside from that, do not discuss your accident with others, either in person or on social media.
- Consult our pedestrian accident attorney. The faster you come to us with your case, the sooner we can start figuring out the best way to get you the justice and the compensation your entire family deserves.
Pedestrian Crash Survivors Have Three Years to Exercise Their Rights
As the victim of someone else’s negligence, you have the right to file a legal case against them according to Maryland law. However, this right is time-sensitive.
Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-101 states that you must file your case within three years of the accident date in order for it to be legally valid. We encourage you to consult with us about your case as quickly as possible so you do not risk losing this right before you get the chance to fully consider it.
Bowie Residents Can Depend on Our Pedestrian Accident Team
With over ten years of experience in personal injury law, Adam M. Smallow is ready and willing to take on your case. For a free case assessment, call (410) 777-8960 today and let a member of our team assist you. Our Bowie pedestrian accident lawyer can manage your entire case for no upfront fees.