If your loved one was the victim of a fatal truck accident in Bowie, Maryland, your family deserves justice and fair compensation. Adam M. Smallow and his legal team can help you by filing a wrongful death lawsuit. Though no amount of compensation can replace your loved one, your family doesn’t deserve to struggle in their absence.
Our Bowie truck accident lawyer can manage your entire case on your behalf. This would allow your family more time to grieve and to work towards a new normal.
Do You Need a Fatal Truck Accident Attorney in Bowie?
Only you and your family can decide if hiring our Bowie personal injury lawyer is the right decision for you. Before you make that decision, though, our firm wants you to know all of the different ways we can help you:
- To begin, we offer everyone who calls our office a free case evaluation. This confidential phone call will inform you of your case’s merits and how we can help you with it.
- Once you hire us, we can get to work on building your case file. This file includes information from you, your loved one’s doctors, eyewitnesses, and the police, among other sources.
- The evidence we collect for your case file tells us who caused your loved one’s death and how much money your family should receive for your many losses.
- Preparing and filing a case requires a great deal of paperwork. Our team knows just what forms to use, how to fill them out, and who to send them to at every stage of your case.
- Some insurance companies are willing to negotiate a pretrial settlement. We can represent you during negotiations to make sure that the insurer does not try to get away with offering less than your family deserves.
- If negotiating is not an option for any reason, we can file a lawsuit and take the at-fault party to court. At trial, we would represent you to the best of our abilities by delivering oral arguments, presenting evidence, and ensuring the defense always plays by the rules.
At MD Accident Law, we do everything we can to help our clients recover after a devastating accident. For example, if you were also injured in the crash, we can recommend medical providers to diagnose and treat you. Our network includes only the best providers—the kinds of doctors that we would recommend to our own families.
If at any time you have a question about any aspect of your case, we make it easy to contact us. Each client gets a unique phone number that they can use to text us questions. Someone is always around to help our clients, day or night.
For legal consultation with a fatal truck accident attorney in Bowie, call (410)777-8960
Wrongful Death Compensation After a Fatal Bowie Truck Accident
Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 3-904 states that you can begin your case at any time within three years of your loved one’s passing. If you do so, you may be eligible for compensation based on your:
- Loss of companionship: Your loved one meant the world to you. Their sudden passing means that you have to make a traumatic adjustment and learn to live without their affection and guidance.
- Funeral costs: Many families struggle to afford the kind of burial and funeral their loved one deserves. Things like a coffin, cremation, and flowers can cost thousands of dollars.
- Other end-of-life expenses: For instance, some families have to deal with disputes over the deceased’s last will and testament.
- Loss of financial support: Was your loved one a breadwinner in your family? Without their income, your family may struggle to pay bills, stay out of debt, and maintain your old living standards.
What About My Loved One’s Losses After the Truck Accident?
In a wrongful death case, you may also have the right to seek reimbursement for the things your loved one lost and suffered due to the truck crash, including:
- Pain and suffering, including mental trauma
- Medical expenses incurred by your loved one to stay alive or remain more comfortable prior to their passing
- Disabilities caused by your loved one’s injuries, such as amputation or paralysis
- Loss of income that your loved one could have earned if their injury had not prevented them from going to work
However, this right depends on whether or not your loved one filed a personal injury case of their own before they passed away. If your loved one collected compensation, then you cannot ask for the personal injury damages they already received. You still have the right to file your own wrongful death case.
If you would like help understanding this or any other legal issue, MD Accident Law is here for you.
Bowie Fatal Truck Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
Liable Parties in Fatal Traffic Accidents in Bowie, Maryland
Truck accident casualties are all too common—and all too often preventable, if only reckless parties would realize the potential consequences of their actions. A report from Zero Deaths Maryland shows that there were 130 traffic deaths in Prince George’s County in 2021. This number represents an increase over the previous four years.
Your loved one might still be alive today if:
- A careless truck driver had obeyed the speed limit, given enough space for other vehicles to maneuver, or not gotten distracted
- A trucking company had obeyed state and federal regulations regarding driver qualifications, truck maintenance, hours of operation, or cargo restrictions
- A truck part manufacturer had issued a timely recall of a hazardous product or conducted proper testing before putting the product on the market in the first place
No matter who was responsible for your loved one’s accident, MD Accident Law can find them and hold them accountable. We have devoted our careers to assisting ordinary accident victims, not large companies and corporations who hurt others through negligence and greed.
Our Wrongful Death Lawyer Serving Bowie Can Represent Your Family
Call MD Accident Law at (410) 777-8960 to get a free case review today. Our Bowie fatal truck accident lawyer is committed to helping people like you achieve just outcomes. With over ten years of experience, our firm has what it takes to provide caring and professional representation.