A car accident is always a stressful event. When the driver hits you and flees the scene, it makes the situation even more difficult. At the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow, we can help you explore your compensation options. First, however, our Harford County, MD hit-and-run accident lawyer will make every attempt to identify the at-fault driver.
If we cannot find the at-fault party, we can help you tap into your own insurance policy. Our law firm will assess your recoverable damages and ensure your insurer fairly and appropriately compensates you. We start by reviewing the details and merits of your case at no cost or obligation. Once we take you on as a client, we fight hard for the compensation you need and deserve.
Compensation Options After a Hit-and-Run Accident in Harford County, MD
When you turn to our Harford County car accident lawyer after a hit-and-run accident, we explore several potential options for compensation. We will:
- Seek compensation from your own insurance policy
- Attempt to find the at-fault driver and pursue compensation from their insurance policy
- Attempt to find the at-fault driver and pursue them directly in court
You do not have to pursue these avenues without legal guidance and support. Our law firm will be with you each step of the way.
Pursuing Compensation From Your Insurance Policy
According to Maryland Insurance Administration guidelines, uninsured motorist (UM) coverage is required of all drivers. It will cover your expenses after a hit-and-run accident if the at-fault driver can never be identified. This minimum required coverage includes:
- $30,000 for bodily injury per person;
- $60,000 bodily injury per accident; and
- $15,000 property damage
Most insurers also offer a minimum of $2,500 in personal injury protection (PIP) coverage which would offer you some financial support in the initial stages of treatment. Our hit-and-run accident attorney will help you recover compensation via these avenues if they are available.
Evidence Could Help Identify the Hit-and-Run Driver or Vehicle Owner
Whenever possible, we pursue the at-fault driver or the owner of the other involved vehicle. The evidence we collect for you can help:
- Identify the hit-and-run driver
- Prove the cause of the accident
- Demonstrate the accident’s costs
Our evidence collection typically starts with your accident report. Notes, diagrams, and debris left at the scene could be valuable in making the necessary identification. Other evidence that will support your case includes:
- Medical records
- Medical bills
- Written prognosis
- Proof of income
- Injury photos
- Accident scene photos
- Video Footage
We also collect statements from lay and expert witnesses and accident reconstruction experts. We work hard to build an evidence file that leads to a settlement rather than a trial.
For legal consultation with a hit and run accident attorney in Harford County, call (410)777-8960
Our Hit-and-Run Accident Lawyer Will Pursue Multiple Recoverable Damages
PIP may cover your initial medical bills if you have it. Regardless of fault and whether or not the hit-and-run driver can be found, you could use this policy up to its limits. If this amount of money (or money secured through your other insurance policies) isn’t sufficient, our law firm will help you pursue your additional expenses and losses, including:
- Remaining and upcoming medical bills
- Remaining and upcoming lost wages
- Treatment-related travel expenses
- Property damage or complete loss
- Physical disability or disfigurement
- Mental and physical pain and suffering
The loss of a loved one in an accident may entitle your family to wrongful death damages, including the cost of your loved one’s final arrangements. Our wrongful death lawyer serving Harford County, MD will also explain the other forms of compensation your family can recover.
How Maryland’s Statute of Limitations Affects Hit and Run Accident Lawsuits
At the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow, we protect your ability to recover compensation by adhering to the following filing deadlines:
- Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-101 gives you three years from the date of the accident to file your personal injury lawsuit
- Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 3-904 gives you three years from the date of your loved one’s passing to file your wrongful death lawsuit
If the statute of limitations expires, the court may bar you from filing your lawsuit or dismiss it without hearing its merits. With enough notice from you, our law firm will file your lawsuit on time.
Harford County Hit and Run Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
The Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow Supports Hit and Run Accident Clients
Our service-oriented law firm is passionate about supporting the clients we represent in their pursuit of compensation. Our team never leaves you wondering about the progress of your case. We provide:
- Phone and email contact
- 24/7 text communication
- Regular progress updates
We will also suggest the same highly-qualified medical providers to whom we send our team members and family. Your case is important, so our law firm provides the individualized attention to detail it deserves.
Five-Star Reviews From Our Previous Clients
We work hard to meet the needs of every client we represent and to earn reviews and testimonials like the following:
- Connie H.: Mr. Adam Smallow…is a great attorney and kept me abreast of what was going on with my case…He is also very honest, pleasant, and well-prepared with his cases. I highly recommend the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow.
- Minassie K.: I was involved in a car accident…I just couldn’t deal with insurance companies…Once I contacted Mr. Smallow for my case everything went smoothly…my settlement was more than I have expected. I would recommend Mr. Smallow if you need a reliable injury attorney.
Click to contact our Harford County Car Accident Attorneys today
Call Now for Your FREE Initial Consultation
Were you or was someone you love injured in a recent accident caused by a hit-and-run driver? If so, you could have other options for financial compensation. At the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow, we will explore your options and fight for the best possible outcome for you.
Contact our consulting team for a free review of your case and to find out how hard our Harford County, MD hit-and-run accident lawyer fights for you.
Call or text (410)777-8960 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form