A head-on collision occurs when another vehicle strikes the front of yours. The point of impact makes this type of accident particularly dangerous. If you or a loved one were injured in a head-on collision, our team at Adam Smallow Injury Lawyers can help.
While you concentrate on recovering from your injuries, our Harford County head-on collision accident lawyer will focus on your financial recovery. You could recover your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more via an insurance claim or lawsuit. We are ready to take on the at-fault driver and their insurer and negotiate a favorable settlement for you. For more information contact our Harford personal injury lawyer.
Compensation After a Head-On Collision in Harford County, MD
The state of Maryland allows you to recover damages when you are injured because of another person’s negligence. Our car accident lawyer serving Harford County will work to prove the legal elements of negligence—duty of care, breach of duty, causation, and damages. Proving these elements means that we can pursue multiple forms of financial compensation on your behalf.
Recoverable Economic Damages
We can typically support the value of your economic damages with bills, receipts, estimates, and invoices. These tangible damages may include the following:
- Current and future medical bills
- Current and future lost income
- Lost ability to earn in the future
- Treatment-related travel expenses
- Car damage, loss, or diminished value
In most cases, our investigation leads us to the documents that support your recoverable economic damages.
Recoverable Non-Economic Damages
On your own, it can be hard to substantiate the monetary value of non-economic (or intangible) damages, such as:
- Emotional distress
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Pain and suffering
- Physical disability
- Physical disfigurement
Along with a written statement about the toll the accident has taken on your life, our team can compile your medical records and written prognosis to substantiate their value.
Recoverable Wrongful Death Damages
Following the loss of a loved one in a head-on accident, we can demand compensation for your family. Wrongful death damages may include:
- Reasonable funeral and burial costs
- Loss of the decedent’s financial support
- Loss of consortium, society, and guidance
We take the time to explain which family members can file a wrongful death action—typically, the decedent’s parents, spouse, and children. We also explain the appropriate filing deadline and can obtain your loved one’s medical records and death certificate for you.
For legal consultation with a head-on collisions attorney in Harford County, call (410)777-8960
How We Build the Strongest Possible Head-On Collision Case
The law firm you choose to represent you after an accident matters. When you choose the team at Adam Smallow Injury Lawyers, we provide 360-degree client support. To strengthen your case, our head-on collision accident lawyer serving Harford County can:
- Communicate with all relevant parties
- Complete and submit insurance claim forms
- Draft and file your case in court, if needed
- Gather physical evidence and documents
- Handle the settlement negotiation process
- Investigate the cause of your accident
- Locate and interview witnesses
- Obtain your official car accident report
To meet your ongoing recovery needs, we provide you with telephone, email, and 24/7 text support. We also recommend the same highly-qualified healthcare providers we trust with our own families and team members.
Filing Your Lawsuit on Time Is Essential
Our head-on collision accident attorney will work hard to settle your case out of court. If your case does go to court, we conduct mock trial sessions to help you understand the process and feel more comfortable sharing your testimony.
We must also comply with the following filing deadlines:
- The personal injury statute of limitations is generally three years from the date the accident occurred, per Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-101
- The wrongful death statute of limitations is generally three years from the date of your loved one’s demise, per Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 3-904
Failing to comply could prevent you from filing your lawsuit or lead to its immediate dismissal, meaning the merits of your case will never be heard—and the at-fault driver cannot be legally compelled to compensate you.
A Robust Evidence File Can Steer Your Case Toward an Out-Of-Court Settlement
Most car accident cases do not end up in court. If yours does, we can build a compelling case file that includes the following:
- Car accident report with contact information and other key details, including what caused the accident
- Medical records and bills that describe your injuries, current expenses, and projected future costs
- Employment and salary history records that show your lost wages from all income sources
- Imagery such as injury photos, accident scene photos, and dashcam and surveillance footage
Our car accident lawyer will prepare your evidence and exhibits for the trial process. We can also obtain eyewitness statements, accident reconstruction reports, and additional documentation that supports your right to financial recovery.
Reviews From Previous Personal Injury Clients
Our law firm works hard to provide individualized, compassionate legal service and support, earning us reviews like these:
- Mr. Adam Smallow…is a great attorney and kept me abreast of what was going on with my case. We even did a mock trial…That was very helpful and I was not at all nervous during my testimony…I highly recommend the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow. – Connie H.
- Adam Smallow is great and knows how to fight for the outcome you want and won’t stop until he has succeeded. Adam Smallow was great at making me feel very important and he treated my case with the utmost professionalism. – Frank J.
We never stop fighting for our clients or pursuing the financial compensation that will allow you to start putting your life back together.
Harford County Head-On Collisions Attorney (410)777-8960
Contact Adam Smallow Injury Lawyers Today for Your Free Consultation
If you or someone you love were injured in a head-on accident, our law firm is ready to demand fair financial compensation for you. Our Harford County head-on collision accident lawyer can also fight for wrongful death damages for your family after the loss of a loved one.
Find out how hard Adam Smallow Injury Lawyers will fight for you by contacting our consultation team today.