Fatal accidents cost families far more than anyone should have to endure. Not only must you deal with the expense of a funeral and the loss of your loved one’s income, but you also have to cope with the grief and trauma of losing someone dear to you.
How can you seek compensation for these losses? A College Park fatal truck accident lawyer from our firm could fight on your behalf. We are dedicated to helping Maryland residents pursue settlements and jury awards. Our College Park truck accident lawyer is ready to help you seek justice.
Your Family Deserves Truck Accident Compensation After a Fatal College Park Crash
We know that money is the last thing a family wants to think about as they grieve the wrongful death of a loved one. Unfortunately, money can swiftly become an issue if:
- There was trouble settling your loved one’s estate
- You had to cover the cost of your loved one’s funeral and burial
- You depended on your loved one’s salary to pay bills and support dependents
- You took time away from work to settle your loved one’s affairs or process your loss
In addition to these financial burdens, you have suffered an unexpected loss. This has led to:
- Intense grief and bereavement that may fade over time but will never fully leave you
- The loss of your loved one’s physical presence and ability to give you affection and comfort
- The loss of the wisdom and guidance your loved one would have provided to their children and other close relatives
At MD Accident Law, we want nothing more than to see you recover every penny of compensation your family is entitled to receive. We can even help you calculate how much you should seek for intangible damages, such as loss of society and companionship.
For more information contact our College Park personal injury lawyer.
For legal consultation with a fatal truck accident attorney in College Park, call (410)777-8960
Trust Our College Park Fatal Truck Accident Lawyers With Your Accident Case
Many personal injury firms in Maryland accept wrongful death cases. Why should you trust your case to one of our College Park fatal truck accident lawyers?
The Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow is wholly dedicated to our clients’ well-being. We are always there for our clients whenever and wherever they need us. We even give you a special phone number that you can text at any time to:
- Ask us for a progress report or for more information about your case
- Seek advice about legal decisions you have to make
- Report any changes or new developments regarding the case
Our clients are our priority. We stay in frequent contact throughout your case, so you know how your case is progressing. We can handle:
- Investigation: One of the first things we can do is collect evidence. This evidence must show who caused the truck accident and how much their negligence has cost your family.
- Communication: Once we have built a strong case, we can contact the at-fault party and their representatives. We ask them to pay an amount that accurately reflects your losses.
- Negotiation: In many cases, we can save our clients time by negotiating a pretrial settlement with the at-fault party. Our team will not let them get away with paying you a lowball settlement that fails to meet your needs.
- The trial: If your case ends up going to court, we can represent you throughout the trial. We would question witnesses, deliver arguments, and submit paperwork on your behalf.
In exchange, you pay us a contingency fee—in other words, our attorney’s fee is “contingent” upon us winning your case. You pay no attorney’s fees until you have received your compensation. We do this so you do not have to worry about paying our bill on top of your other financial concerns.
College Park Fatal Truck Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
Who Gets Fatal Truck Accident Compensation in College Park Cases?
Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 3-904 lays out some specific rules explaining who can file a wrongful death case, when they can do so, and what they can get. For example:
- You must begin your case within three years of the day your loved one passed away—otherwise, it is not legally valid
- You may benefit from a wrongful death action if you are the deceased’s spouse, parent, or child
- Only in cases where the deceased left no close relatives can other financially dependent relatives receive compensation
- The types of compensation you can seek may differ depending on your relationship with the deceased, particularly if the deceased was your child
It is easy to feel confused and overwhelmed by all of these rules. Please be assured that you do not have to become a legal expert in order to recover wrongful death compensation: our team can explain everything you need to know and guide you through the entire legal process.
How To Prevent College Park Fatal Truck Accidents
Trucks are much larger than a typical vehicle, so even a seemingly “minor” collision can have severe consequences. It is therefore not always possible to prevent a fatal truck collision, even if you take appropriate steps to protect yourself, including:
- Wearing your seatbelt at all times
- Taking your car in for regular check-ups to ensure it is in good working order
- Staying alert while behind the wheel so you can react quickly to danger
- Never driving while drunk, exhausted, or high
- Putting your cell phone out of reach so it will not distract you as you drive
The bottom line is this: your loved one did not deserve what happened to them, and your family does not deserve the pain you are now going through. We want to see the at-fault party brought to justice.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Our College Park Team Today To Discuss Your Fatal Truck Accident Case
The Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow is very sorry for your loss. We want to do our part in helping you rebuild your life by assigning a College Park fatal truck accident lawyer to manage your entire case while you take all the time you need to grieve. Get in touch with us today to speak with a member of our team during a free consultation.