A car accident is always a stressful event. It can be even more frustrating when the at-fault driver does not stick around and accept responsibility for their actions. If you or a loved one was injured in a hit and run accident, you do not have to give up on recovering compensation. Our team at Adam Smallow Injury Lawyers can help.
Our College Park hit and run accident lawyer will make every effort to identify the at-fault driver or vehicle owner. If they cannot be found, we will explain the steps we take to recover compensation from your own insurance company. We can start with a free review of your case and an examination of your insurance` policy.
Our Law Firm Can Build a Comprehensive Hit and Run Accident Case
Fleeing the scene of an accident is illegal in College Park, so local police will investigate your accident. We can obtain your police report, use its information to build your compensation case, and conduct our own investigation.
To strengthen your case, we may:
- Collect evidence on your behalf without taxing you or your family
- Provide ongoing updates as your case progresses and develops
- Review your post-accident medical records and bills
- Locate and interview lay witnesses and accident reconstruction experts
- Complete and submit insurance claim forms and court filings
Uninsured motorist (UM) coverage is mandatory, according to the Maryland Insurance Administration. Our car accident lawyer serving College Park will obtain your insurance policy and review it in detail.
A Robust Evidence File Could Lead to the Hit and Run Driver
Our investigative team will work hard to find the driver who hit your car and drove off. The evidence we collect toward identifying them can include:
- The accident report
- Any debris left behind
- Smartphone footage
- Witness testimony
Whether compensation comes from their insurer or yours, we can collect evidence that proves the value of your recoverable damages. This portion of your case file can include:
- Medical records and bills
- Written future prognosis
- Salary history records
- Vehicle repair bills
- Vehicle replacement estimates
Leave the daunting task of building your case file to us. We do more than order evidence. We also organize it, submit it to the appropriate insurance company, and use it to steer your case toward a settlement instead of a trial.
For legal consultation with a hit and run accident attorney in College Park, call (410)777-8960
How Adam Smallow Injury Lawyers Provides 360-Degree Client Care
Our service-oriented law firm cares deeply about the clients we serve. To support you after the frustration of a hit and run accident, our team works hard to address your questions and concerns. We offer:
- 24/7 text availability
- Phone and email contact
- Over 10 years of experience
- Dedicated to client care and satisfaction
We also provide you with access to the same highly qualified medical providers we trust to treat our staff and families.
Five-Star Reviews for Adam Smallow Injury Lawyers
Clients who refer others to our results-driven legal practice say the following in online reviews:
- John N: The at-fault driver had very little coverage…Amazingly, Adam was able to work with the doctors, hospital, rehabilitation center and insurance companies to greatly reduce my medical fees and…maximize the insurance payments beyond my wildest dreams.
- Minassie K.: I am satisfied much more than I had expected…Once I contacted Mr. Smallow for my case everything went smoothly…my settlement was more than I have expected. I would recommend Mr. Smallow if you need a reliable injury attorney.
Hear from other clients by browsing our reviews page to learn more about working with our client-oriented team today.
College Park Hit and Run Accident Attorney (410)777-8960
Compensation Options After a Hit and Run Accident in College Park. MD
If personal injury protection (PIP) coverage is part of your insurance package, it will cover many of your immediate post-accident costs regardless of fault. Your UM coverage may compensate you for the following economic and non-economic damages:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income
- Lost earning ability
- Property damage costs
- Disability or disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional trauma
Your family can rely on our law firm to demand appropriate compensation after a fatal hit and run accident. Wrongful death damages can include funeral and burial expenses, loss of your loved one’s income, and loss of consortium, support, guidance, and society.
Our Fee Agreement Means You Can Get Started Right Away
Because Maryland law limits the amount of time you have to file your lawsuit, the sooner you put our hit and run accident lawyer serving College Park to work on your case, the better.
You do not have to put off getting legal support out of concern about its cost. At Adam Smallow Injury Lawyers, our fee structure means we go to work at no upfront cost to you. We will cover the costs of building your case and only receive compensation after you do.
Do Not Let Time Run Out on Your Right to File a Lawsuit
The statutes of limitations that may affect your College Park case can be difficult to comply with since various factors may alter them. In general:
- The personal injury statute of limitations allows three years from the date of the accident to file your lawsuit, according to Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-101
- The wrongful death statute of limitations enforces a three-year deadline, starting from the date of your loved one’s demise, to file, according to Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 3-904
Your case is unlikely to go to court—most resolve with a settlement. We can still file your lawsuit on time to avoid the potential loss of your right to file at all.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Get Your Free Hit and Run Accident Consultation Today
You do not have to search for a negligent driver or pursue compensation from your own insurance provider without help after a hit and run accident. Our College Park hit and run accident lawyer can investigate the collision and demand compensation from the appropriate party.
Contact Adam Smallow Injury Lawyers to get started today.