When you must miss work because an accident injured you, you should get medical care for your injuries and document the costs and scope of the care you receive. You may also want to consider hiring our legal team to help you build an effective case against the at-fault party and ensure that you file your potential lawsuit on time. On your own, these case-related tasks can be challenging.
Our personal injury team will make sure you know what to do when an accident causes you to miss work. If the severity of your injuries prevents you from working for any length of time, we will focus on your compensation case to help you recover the financial value of your lost income while you concentrate on your physical recovery.
Know the Value of the Compensation You Could Recover
If you are an accident victim and cannot immediately return to work, you could recover two types of damages – economic and non-economic. The economic damages we request on your behalf include the cost of missing work such as:
- Lost wages from the date of your injury and throughout your recovery time
- Compensation for any sick days or vacation time you use for your injuries
We request your paycheck stubs, direct deposit receipts, and work-related timesheets. Other economic damages include past and future medical bills, loss of future earnings, treatment-related travel expenses, and repair or replacement of your damaged property.
Damages for Intangible Financial Losses
The shock and trauma of an accident can leave you with non-economic (intangible) losses. They can be hard to quantify on your own and can sometimes be challenging to prove. We help document and prove the financial value of the following damages:
- Physical disability
- Physical disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
Our team will collect your medical records, written prognosis, and mental health and counseling records to prove the accident’s impact on your life. We use the collected evidence to assign a value to this part of your case. We will help you uncover all damages in your case, including the ones you may not know you have.
Our Team is Ready to Start Work on Your Case
An accident scene can change quickly, so the sooner our team gets involved in your case, the better. Depending on the outcome of the accident:
- The personal injury statute of limitations is generally three years, according to Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-101
- The wrongful death statute of limitations is also generally three years, according to Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 3-904
The earlier we start on your case, we will have time to investigate the scene, locate and interview witnesses right away, and comply with the state’s filing deadline.
For legal consultation, call (410)777-8960
We Will Do the Hard Work for You
Your accident case will require reading and reviewing supportive records and reports. We gather this information for you, including employment and salary records and police, medical, and incident reports. We will also:
- Make sure contributory negligence does not prevent you from receiving compensation
- Recommend the same medical providers our families and team members would go to
- Handle all relevant written, verbal, and electronic communications and correspondence
- Negotiate a favorable financial settlement with the at-fault party and their insurance company
We believe in open lines of communication and providing you with timely updates on your case’s progress. We also make sure you can reach our personal injury team with questions by phone, email, and text message.
Read About Working with Our Client Support Team
Other clients’ experiences can help you understand how our law firm helps with their personal injury cases. Clients we have represented in the past have said:
- “I highly recommend the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow. Mr. Smallow is hard-working and committed to supporting his clients…He is easy to talk to and eager to help.” – Stephanie
- “Mr. Adam Smallow represented me in an accident case…He is a great attorney and kept me abreast of what was going on with my case.” – Connie H.
- “Mr. Smallow represented me in a case, and…he delivered everything he promised…I would highly recommend Adam Smallow for his expertise and persistent commitment to his clients.” – Sean M
We work hard to provide the encouragement and support you need. See what other clients say about our supportive, responsive legal services on our client reviews page.
Call for Your Free Review Today
If an accident hurt you or a loved one, and it forced you or your loved one to miss days at work, we can help. Our team can tell you what to do when an accident causes you to miss work and how to seek financial compensation for your lost wages. Contact one of our team members in the Law Offices of Adam M. Smallow by calling (410) 777-8960 today.